Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 80 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    On essentially the same number of targets.

EDIt: I think I calculated a year wrong because Witten had 959 compared to 1009 for Graham, however Witten averaged 106 targets per season over that time so realistically youíre looking at another 80 or so at least targets if Witten played 2018.

Graham was still classified as a TE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Again, the Tim Duncan effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    For the All Decade team I would absolutely take Ben over Mahomes. Mahomes hasnít even played a whole decade in his career yet. Now for the NEXT All Decade team Mahomes definitely deserves to be on that team.

After only 2 seasons? Little premature I think. Not that he can't or won't be, but he's also one of those guys like Dak and Wilson that landed on vey stacked offensive teams. Time will tell once that talent begins to fade and he is asked to do more.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Then let's take Zack Martin (6) off that list. Khalil Mack (6), Aaron Donald (6), Eric Berry (5), Tyreek Hill (3) off this list because based on your reasoning for Kelce not being on it (7) not having enough seasons.
    Thatís a fair argument. To make the All Decade team you should have to have played at least 9 seasons during that decade and you have to have lined up at the position youíre listed as 85% of the time.

No based on what you said none of them should be. David DeCastro is one of the best guards in football and has played for 2 more years than Zack Martin, so that alone should get him on there. Lets put on Devin McCourty at safety because he's played more and therefor has better stats than Berry.

It's silly to suggest that a guy should be on an all decade team because he has better stats in the decade because he played more games in a decade.

If Kelce had played the same number of games as Witten (144), and stayed at his per game level he would have:
    9691 yards, 760 catches, 55 TDs
    VS
    What Witten actually did:
    7012 yards, 692 catches, 45 TDs

Amazing the difference 50 extra games make isn't it.
    I would have no problem putting DeCastro on that list ahead of Zack Martin. Martin will likely be on the next All Decade team.

So you rather have a list of good/ok players that played 8+ years in the 2010's than a team of the best players to suit up for multiple seasons in the 2010's?
    If they did not play at least 8+ seasons in that decade they should not be on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    After only 2 seasons? Little premature I think. Not that he can't or won't be, but he's also one of those guys like Dak and Wilson that landed on vey stacked offensive teams. Time will tell once that talent begins to fade and he is asked to do more.
    Thatís exactly why Mahomes wouldnít be on my All Decade team yet. Also why I would take Ben over Mahomes on the current team.

For the All Decade team I would absolutely take Ben over Mahomes. Mahomes hasnít even played a whole decade in his career yet. Now for the NEXT All Decade team Mahomes definitely deserves to be on that team.

I was trying to go extreme to make my point though. Number of years played makes it very easy to stack lots of stats over a guy that had less year. Maybe we make it a bit more even and ask Dalton or Mahomes? Would you go Dalton just because he had 100 more starts and therefor more stats, or Mahomes because he's better in games played over the same end date?

When it comes to this argument, the reason stats are tipping to Witten as they are is because Witten played 50 more games than Kelce did. 50 games for 600 more yards, 190 more catches, and 8 more TD's. Do you think that Kelce could have had 80 catches for 300 yards (3.1 yards per catch) and 4TD's per season for 2 years if he had them? Because that's what it would take to match Witten. I think the catches are a touch out of reach, but those yards and TD's would easily be blown by in those 2 years. And blocking wise, I don't think that Witten is better by enough of Kelce (blocking is one of Kelce's most underrated spots) to overcome what Kelce has done is yards and TD's.

And just to give a picture of how big those 2 years are:
    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s#totals::none

So now we're looking at same number of seasons played:
    Witten has 12 more catches, 1400 less yards, 6 less TD's. Yes I get much of this is the backside of Witten's career, but even though Witten played most of the decade, he's a guy who's prime hit at the decade change over, as opposed to Kelce who's prime is happening though most the decade.

Thatís a fair argument. To make the All Decade team you should have to have played at least 9 seasons during that decade and you have to have lined up at the position youíre listed as 85% of the time.

I wonder how many actually play 9 seasons of any given decade. Iím not sure that works at all.

If they did not play at least 8+ seasons in that decade they should not be on the list.

That's gonna be a bad team. No Pouncey and DeCastro because they both missed a season to injury. No Calvin Johnson (5 years). No Jahri Evans. Marshawn makes it by the skin of his teeth (8 years exactly). No Alex Mack. No Kelce, Gronk barely makes it. No Fletcher Cox, Aaron Donald, Luke Kuechly, Bobby Wagner, Patrick Willis, Khalil Mack, Chandler Jones, Eric Berry, Tyrann Mathieu, Johnny Hekker, Justin Tucker, Tyreek Hill, Cordarrelle Patterson.

So you rather take those 17 off for not playing 8+ years and have lesser players end up on it just because they did play longer?

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I wonder how many actually play 9 seasons of any given decade. Iím not sure that works at all.
    Very very few. I found 17 with less than 8 years. We lose another 10 if we make it 9 years.

At that point it basically became "who's career happened from 2010-2019 for the most part" list rather than a "best of" team.

At that point it basically became "who's career happened from 2010-2019 for the most part" list rather than a "best of" team.
    Exactly! As I said you have to be good and lucky. This is not a HOF vote.
    If you want you can start a thread of who was the best to play in the decade.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Exactly! As I said you have to be good and lucky. This is not a HOF vote.
    If you want you can start a thread of who was the best to play in the decade.
    Ok cool. Unfortunately the discussion has to do with the NFL's list of best to play in the decade. Not 'who got lucky not to get hurt and play most their career in the decade.' So you want the premise of the list to be different so a player you like can be on it.

Ok cool. Unfortunately the discussion has to do with the NFL's list of best to play in the decade. Not 'who got lucky not to get hurt and play most their career in the decade.' So you want the premise of the list to be different so a player you like can be on it.
    I would like Ware to be on it but he doesnít really qualify. It is what it is.
    This decade thing is kind of silly. Why start and end in such a arbitrary number?
    Your the one trying to change it and make it more to your liking.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    I would like Ware to be on it but he doesnít really qualify. It is what it is.
    This decade thing is kind of silly. Why start and end in such a arbitrary number?
    Your the one trying to change it and make it more to your liking.
    Where did I try to change it? I would like the proof.

Page 16 of 80 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast