Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 252 of 341 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302 ... LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 5111
  1. #3766
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    14,622
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    The 2012 Chiefs team was worse than the 2012 Eagles team, and Reid has won at least 9 games every season since he went to Kansas City. The 2012 4-12 record was also his worst record over his entire time in Philadelphia.

    So it's pretty safe to say we wouldn't have gone 2-14 in 2015. It's also safe to say that Reid can turn any team around regardless of the circumstances. That's because he actually is a great coach. Not in small part because he constantly finds good coaches to surround himself with.

    In conclusion, Lurie made a major blunder to keep Roseman but fire Reid. No revisionist history is necessary because the actual history speaks for itself.
    Absolutely.

  2. #3767
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    90,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Absolutely.
    In that blunder, the Eagles got a SB win.

    With Reid, they didn't.

    Reid's time was over in Philly and rightfully so.

  3. #3768
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    24,197
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Hill is a terrible example of it. DK is a better example. I mean you can make comments about Jujuís class. I mean Zay Jones went long before Juju.

    I donít like just picking on the WR position. Derek Barnett over Marlon Humphrey in the first was a mistake. The year they one the SB they traded out of 32 passing up Nick Chubb, Darius Leonard, Cortland Sutton. Then they traded out of 52 (via Balt) giving up chances at Carlton Davis, DJ Chark. Granted they did get Dallas Goedert out of that draft. But if that team has Chubb/Sutton and Humphrey/Leonard over Barnett and Goedert itís a much better team.

    Thereís something in the draft process thatís going extremely wrong right now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    While you make a good point, it not just this simple. Coaching plays a big part and the Eagles don't seem to develop players well. Under Doug, it seems like players get worse more often than they get better.

  4. #3769
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    24,197
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    In that blunder, the Eagles got a SB win.

    With Reid, they didn't.

    Reid's time was over in Philly and rightfully so.
    Yeah, while I'd love to have Andy, things get stale sometimes. I don't think anyone thought Reid was a bad coach when he left, just that it was time for a change.

  5. #3770
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    19,815
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    In that blunder, the Eagles got a SB win.

    With Reid, they didn't.

    Reid's time was over in Philly and rightfully so.
    That would maybe be a good argument if Reid didn't have a ring of his own now, and the Chiefs future wasn't significantly brighter than the Eagles' future.

    So if Reid wins another ring, was it a mistake to move on from then?

  6. #3771
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    90,925
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    That would maybe be a good argument if Reid didn't have a ring of his own now, and the Chiefs future wasn't significantly brighter than the Eagles' future.

    So if Reid wins another ring, was it a mistake to move on from then?
    A ring he got a loooong time after the fact.

    Obviously the Eagles future was brighter after Reid.

    This entire argument is one of the dumber ones I've seen recently on PSD. It would be one thing if Reid left Philly because of some sort of fallout and immediatley won a few rings.

    He lucked in to staying on with a team who hit on a QB that came in to a situation with the best weapons in the NFL.

  7. #3772
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    90,925
    Better than the internet chat hot takes...

    https://twitter.com/bydavidmurphy/st...563045376?s=21

  8. #3773
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    2,930
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Better than the internet chat hot takes...

    https://twitter.com/bydavidmurphy/st...563045376?s=21
    How recent were these execs polled

  9. #3774
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    17,202
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    That would maybe be a good argument if Reid didn't have a ring of his own now, and the Chiefs future wasn't significantly brighter than the Eagles' future.

    So if Reid wins another ring, was it a mistake to move on from then?
    Reid had a few less than stellar years here.

    6-10, 8-8, 9-6, 8-8, 4-12

    Heís a great coach no ones disputing that. No one is also disputing Kansas City has been a success for him

    Context is everything

    Sometimes a coach and franchise need to separate. Thereís a reason the Reid and eagles separation was amicable

    Your entire argument is based entirely on situations you say will have happened no matter what which is just not true. You say Reid would never have had 2 wins? What if his entire roster was demolished by injury like this seasons roster? Something heís never endured at this magnitude

    Your entire argument of everything playing out exactly the same with him in Philly as it has in KC isnít remotely possible

    So many factors on a day to day basis that could lead Andy in a different direction from having remotely the same situation occur. One thing changing affects another thing and so on and so forth

  10. #3775
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    17,202
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Better than the internet chat hot takes...

    https://twitter.com/bydavidmurphy/st...563045376?s=21
    Need to salvage him. If we can everything else falls into place

    I think he needs a coach whether head or OC that is a strict guy with a strict scheme and a strict way of operating

    Itís not just wentz. Ryan Clark and foxworth I believe were talking about how itís multiple guys out of position, not knowing where to be, doing the wrong thing, making mistakes

    Thatís coaching. Nothing about this is working. And if itís due to a disconnect between howie and Doug well then itís time to cut bait with howie

  11. #3776
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,082
    I expect all 4 NFC East teams to lose week 13.

  12. #3777
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,510



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #3778
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    90,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This was me.

  14. #3779
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    14,622
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    This was me.
    Yet here you are, asking for Carson Wentz to play better again. You had your time, let the Cowboys get back in God's good graces

  15. #3780
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    41,868
    Ehhhhhhh I mean obviously wanted a super bowl but not something I wanted a one and done thing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •