Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 246 of 341 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256296 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,690 of 5111
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    also in regards to Howie. drafting well in the late rounds and UDFA is nice

but missing yearly on 2nd and 3rd round picks is how you have a roster of depleted talent. talented rosters are made of multiple hits in the 1st-3rd rounds and then filled out with those mid to late rounders

spot fixes with free agency. don't have to hit every year I every round. but to miss so consistently. eventually it catches up. hits you badly
    Itís weird because in rounds 1-4 heís not good but in rounds 5-7 and UDFA heís pretty good, maybe amongst the best in the league. Iíd say thatís opposite of what should normally happen, usually itís easier to draft early and harder to hit on picks late.

I wonder if the reason why is because with the earlier picks howie insists on taking his guy and with the later picks he steps aside and allows his scouts to make those decisions. If thatís the case, I mean that should be 100% evidence that howie needs to step aside and just let his scouts and coaches make the decisions.

even Jimmy Johnson said as much. head coaches shouldn't call plays. they have too much responsibility. you can't possibly focus on the whole picture

I truly believe that's why you get those weird Doug quotes where he's like "I do't know how much we're running th ball I'm just calling the plays"
    3 of the last 4 SB-winning coaches called the plays on offense.

Most of our running plays aren't predetermined to be runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    The game just got moved again to Tuesday at 7:00. The Cowboys will basically have 2 bye weeks this year because of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Except now we have to have a short week after that though, which is unfair

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Well, spoke too soon. Cowboys/Ravens moved AGAIN to Wednesday at sometime in the afternoon.

Where are you seeing this?

Cowboys currently holding the 4th pick. When the Eagles lose tonight they will have the 6th pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Cowboys currently holding the 4th pick. When the Eagles lose tonight they will have the 6th pick.
    Lol really? Why? Tie breakers change?

I need the Cowboys to beat the Eagles in the rematch. The tie with the Bengals will hurt the Eagles in draft order LOL.

Looking more at the WFT schedule, they honestly might be the best bet for the division. Giants and Eagles have too tough of a schedule (especially for the Giants with Jones probably out a few weeks). Dallas has a shot, but honestly WFT with their defense and Alex Smith being solid they are probably the best/most complete team in the NFC East with all the injuries to Dallas and Philly.

Washington will win this division. Daniel Jones will missed time with the Giants.

Jalen hurts please

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Looking more at the WFT schedule, they honestly might be the best bet for the division. Giants and Eagles have too tough of a schedule (especially for the Giants with Jones probably out a few weeks). Dallas has a shot, but honestly WFT with their defense and Alex Smith being solid they are probably the best/most complete team in the NFC East with all the injuries to Dallas and Philly.
    If the skins win two more games the cowboys would have to win 4.
    Not happening. Embrace the pick.

as important as a pick may be there's so much wrong with this team right now it's kind of a shrug lol

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Jalen hurts please
    I know the broadcasters were harping on how playing hurts is meaningless

however Carson is digging himself deeper and deeper weekly. he looks dejected 75% of the game. I don't even think its smart to keep him out there if you view him as the future

I actually believe in Doug and Carson. I think they both need to be elsewhere

Doug in New York. Carson in Indy

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Where are you seeing this?
    Bleacher Report reported it had been moved to Wednesday afternoon but looks like they removed that post. Tuesday or Wednesday either way I think we lose.

as important as a pick may be there's so much wrong with this team right now it's kind of a shrug lol
    If Brook, lane and Kielce are healthy and you draft the best tackle in the draft things will look better.