Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 224 of 341 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274324 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 5111
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Doug will be gone before Carson. I do believe lurie and roseman will want to see Carson with another coach before moving off him
    They'd be dumb if they do. Although with Roseman he'd probably want to deflect blame from this roster he assembled.

Just to make it clear again: I think there won't be major changes going into the 2021 season; major meaning QB, GM, HC, DC. I'd support this, too.

But people who want to make this a choice between Wentz and Pederson -- I'm firmly team Doug on that one.

Even by your metric 2020 would be a real outlier and considering 2 out of the 5 seasons were most similar those would be the best examples

2018 and 2019 would be the most ďtellingĒ seasons under either side of the coin
    Also gotta remember 2020 is a small sample size. Only 10 games so far.

At least if Wentz finishes the season, no matter how bad, he'll be less injury prone than Dak.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    If both Carson and Dak retired tomorrow, do you think Dak would have rather had Carsonís career and a ring?
    Dak would definitely take Carson's contract lmao

I think his offense is probably fine

Itís the playcalling that could not be more off. Listening to zangaro and frank talk about it was pretty informative

Saying how 2017 it was like every play Doug called, every 4th down, every 2 point just nailed it

Now heís fallen off a cliff. Itís pretty much the opposite. Scariest part about Doug is his pressers where he says things like he doesnít know how many run plays weíve run, doesnít know how many roll outs weve done

Dude is out of touch
    Without looking at the actual plays, all you're doing is evaluating the play calling by the results.

As for the press conferences, Doug just doesn't want to answer these questions. The ones about the run frequency in particular happen after every loss and it's always based on the same premise that you must have a run/pass balance, which is faulty premise. Besides, a lot if not the majority of it also comes down to what the QB sees from the defense. But if Doug says this it'll come across as blaming the QB. So it's better to just give a non-answer.

NFCE 2020 Season Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    I was going on what he actually did per year and not potentially.
    This makes zero sense. Why wouldnít you take averages? You took the average off his TDs and INTs but not yards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by koldjerky; 11-25-2020 at 08:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    This makes zero sense. Why wouldnít you take averages? You took the average off his TDs and INTs but not yards?

I did do averages for yards. I prorated this year to not penalize him but didnít give him imaginary yards for previous years.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I don't want to move on Wentz. (We can't anyway.) I would like to see Hurts play but that isn't happening.

However, you said a couple days ago you want the Eagles to clean house, and that is an even bigger overreaction than wanting to move on from Wentz.
    Not when I think the coaching is holding him back. Doug is calling an offense like we are in the 80ís.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    They'd be dumb if they do. Although with Roseman he'd probably want to deflect blame from this roster he assembled.
    Without Wentz Doug isnít in position for Foles to have his best football game ever.

I know you donít want to get rid of a sb winning coach, but these last couple of years have shown he wasnít the guy behind it.

NFCE 2020 Season Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    I did do averages for yards. I prorated this year to not penalize him but didnít give him imaginary yards for previous years.
    Your numbers donít make sense. Why wouldnít you do an average of what he has done and not prorate/change anything.

16517 yards, 111 TDs, 49 INTs in 66 games.

250 yards per game, 1.7 TDs per game, 0.7 INTs per game.

He has played 66 out of 74 potential regular season games in his career. Averaging 14 per games per year.

So you pegged him at playing 14 games per year then to get the numbers you put which is fine.

But if we go by a full season played (which itís not like heís never played a full season) heís still on projection for the numbers you put. Iím not going to assume heís missing 2 games every year.

Last edited by koldjerky; 11-25-2020 at 11:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Your numbers donít make sense. Why wouldnít you do an average of what he has done and not prorate/change anything.

He has played 66 out of 74 potential regular season games in his career. Averaging 14 per games per year.

So you pegged him at playing 14 games per year then to get the numbers you put which is fine.

But if we go by a full season played (which itís not like heís never played a full season) heís still on projection for the numbers you put. Iím not going to assume heís missing 2 games every year.

I canít give him an average of 4000 yards when he barely got there once in 5 years.

Canadian Math

If both Carson and Dak retired tomorrow, do you think Dak would have rather had Carsonís career and a ring?
    I think Dak would prefer to play for his ring not just have it handed to him.

Not when I think the coaching is holding him back. Doug is calling an offense like we are in the 80ís.
    I really question what you're looking at. 80s? Come on, don't be ridiculous.

I know you donít want to get rid of a sb winning coach, but these last couple of years have shown he wasnít the guy behind it.
    Who was then? It's not Foles; it's not DeFilippo; they both failed at two stops already. Reich's offense isn't looking too great in Indy either, and he was a mediocre OC before Philly. The Philly Special was implemented by Press Taylor, who is still with the team.

Even if you want to give all credit for the offense to someone else, Doug deserve major props for keeping the team focused despite losing the starting QB.

To me the major difference between 2020 and 2017, is primarily the difference in talent, but also Wentz was finding the open receivers and throwing to them at a much higher rate. He was much more mobile as well.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CH-vx1WD...d=rn3y552vlzy6

Read the description.. interesting stuff.. Some BIG CHANGES might happen on the eagles coaching staff this offseason if the offense doesnít improve in a hurry.
    Jason Garrett might be available.