Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 114 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2318
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Well yeah thereís that but it also seems like the eagles are legitimately upset with ertz for some reason. There was a report that howie roseman was yelling at him a week or two ago in front of Jeffrey lurie and a lot of players on the team saw the altercation. It could just be the contract talks but I wonder if something else is going on too because howie yelling at a player doesnít seem very howie..
    Reportedly they were both yelling at each other, and it was because Ertz is upset that the team doesn't want him to be an Eagle for life.

I have absolute sympathy for that sentiment, and if there wasn't a salary cap then keeping Ertz wouldn't even be up for debate.

Instead Roseman is looking to trade him, and it would make sense from a roster building perspective.

If Goedert was the player at his position that Arcega-Whiteside is, and vice versa, then this wouldn't be a problem either, but alas a team can only reasonably employ one highly-paid TE.

Rumor is Gilmore is on the block.

So Ertz+2nd for Gilmore. Who says no?

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Ertz is good but not top 2. Kelce and Kittle own that.
    Eh, those 3 are all interchangeable.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Reportedly they were both yelling at each other, and it was because Ertz is upset that the team doesn't want him to be an Eagle for life.

I have absolute sympathy for that sentiment, and if there wasn't a salary cap then keeping Ertz wouldn't even be up for debate.

Instead Roseman is looking to trade him, and it would make sense from a roster building perspective.

If Goedert was the player at his position that Arcega-Whiteside is, and vice versa, then this wouldn't be a problem either, but alas a team can only reasonably employ one highly-paid TE.
    True

Eagles.

Eagles say no

Eagles without hesitation.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post

See now what better way to stick it to them than by signing with the Cowboys (at a discount)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Eh, those 3 are all interchangeable.
    Wow I would hard disagree with this. Kittle and Kelce are a level above Ertz.

What if it were Ertz and a 5th for Gilmore?

Wow I would hard disagree with this. Kittle and Kelce are a level above Ertz.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Why?
    Better pass catchers. Next gen stats have them both better at creating separation, better YAC, better at breaking tackles. Ertz is in tier 2 of TEs, and might be alone in that.

Better pass catchers. Next gen stats have them both better at creating separation, better YAC, better at breaking tackles. Ertz is in tier 2 of TEs, and might be alone in that.
    I have them both better at YAC. All 3 are elite TEs.

NFCE 2020 Season Discussion Thread

What if it were Ertz and a 5th for Gilmore?
    Gilmore has a huge cap hit. The whole reason the eagles will probably have to move on from ertz is because they canít afford to keep both him and an up and coming TE in goedert. If the eagles/pats do this trade Iíd say that alshon jeffereys nasty contract will also have to be included but I donít think the patriots would do that. Plus the eagles already have a high contract cornerback (Darius slay), Iím not sure they are willing to have two especially with the way they like to run their defense.

I think the eagles would rather get draft picks for ertz so that they could get younger/cheaper in the trenches.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Gilmore has a huge cap hit. The whole reason the eagles will probably have to move on from ertz is because they canít afford to keep both him and an up and coming TE in goedert. If the eagles/pats do this trade Iíd say that alshon jeffereys nasty contract will also have to be included but I donít think the patriots would do that. Plus the eagles already have a high contract cornerback (Darius slay), Iím not sure they are willing to have two especially with the way they like to run their defense.

I think the eagles would rather get draft picks for ertz so that they could get younger/cheaper in the trenches.
    Including Alshon in that trade would actually hurt the Eagles cap than with him staying on the roster. If they traded him this season they would get hit with a $26M cap hit in dead money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk