Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 231 of 341 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281331 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 5111
  1. #3451
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    17,032
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Why did we have the highest passer rating in Doug's 3rd year as playcaller?

    Why didn't defenses figure out his plays by year 2?
    Passer rating is useless in this discussion

    Eye test

    The offense has progressively regressed yearly since 2017. Iíve been complaining in the eagles sub forum since 2018 about both Carson and Doug

    Itís a consistent regression and here we are. Hereís the truth

    To me Doug and Carson deserve equal blame.

    Doug can be cut, wentz canít. Also before you cut wentz you absolutely have to see him with a different coach. What happens if wentz is revitalized under a different coach? What happens if wentz keeps the same game up with a new coach? You have your answer

    Also Iíve seen other comments about bad ownership. How long have you been a fan? Under lurie this team has been in the nfc championship how many times? Playoffs how many times? Won their first Super Bowl

    Lurie is about as good an owner as there is

  2. #3452
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    19,545
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Passer rating is useless in this discussion

    Eye test

    The offense has progressively regressed yearly since 2017. Iíve been complaining in the eagles sub forum since 2018 about both Carson and Doug

    Itís a consistent regression and here we are. Hereís the truth

    To me Doug and Carson deserve equal blame.

    Doug can be cut, wentz canít. Also before you cut wentz you absolutely have to see him with a different coach. What happens if wentz is revitalized under a different coach? What happens if wentz keeps the same game up with a new coach? You have your answer

    Also Iíve seen other comments about bad ownership. How long have you been a fan? Under lurie this team has been in the nfc championship how many times? Playoffs how many times? Won their first Super Bowl

    Lurie is about as good an owner as there is
    Passer rating is not a useless stat. Well, it is if you use it to evaluate the QB. But it gives a fairly good overview over the quality of a passing offense.

    I agree, Lurie has been a good owner. But firing Doug would be unjust to me. Not good or bad. Unjust.

    Doug has proven he is a great leader; the most important attribute of a head coach. To me at least, he has also shown he is a good and creative playcaller. The plays required to win are still there to be made every week. Plays are typically busted if just one person ****s up, and this season we have a lot of players prone to ****ing up (due to bad roster management), the QB as well. Still, the team despite being bad is in games usually until the end.

    Any HC with a big ego would have asked for more control after winning a SB. Doug didn't. He didn't even ask for final say on the 53-man roster. Again, that's the sign of a good leader, the ability to delegate. Schwartz has complete autonomy over the defense as well.

    If he's being made the scapegoat for this mess of season, then I'll take a break from being a fan because such a decision would disgust me. He'd essentially get fired for not having a big enough ego, else he could easily scapegoat someone else. I'm not going to be associated with that.

  3. #3453
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    19,545
    But maybe the Eagles should really achieve the honor of having fired two of the head coaches who won a Super Bowl in the last three seasons.

  4. #3454
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    90,731
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    But maybe the Eagles should really achieve the honor of having fired two of the head coaches who won a Super Bowl in the last three seasons.
    Much like Andy, Dougís not adjusting and getting guys to follow him.

  5. #3455
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    116,537
    dougy is now thinking about benching wentz this week... wow

  6. #3456
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    19,545
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Much like Andy, Dougís not adjusting and getting guys to follow him.
    You think Andy Reid isn't adjusting?

  7. #3457
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    90,731
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    You think Andy Reid isn't adjusting?
    In Philly, no.

  8. #3458
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    90,731
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    dougy is now thinking about benching wentz this week... wow
    No.

  9. #3459
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    116,537
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    No.
    has been talked about on cbs 3 here etc.... not sure how true but where there is smoke

  10. #3460
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    90,731
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    has been talked about on cbs 3 here etc.... not sure how true but where there is smoke
    Heís been asked.

    He keeps saying no.

  11. #3461
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    17,032
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Passer rating is not a useless stat. Well, it is if you use it to evaluate the QB. But it gives a fairly good overview over the quality of a passing offense.

    I agree, Lurie has been a good owner. But firing Doug would be unjust to me. Not good or bad. Unjust.

    Doug has proven he is a great leader; the most important attribute of a head coach. To me at least, he has also shown he is a good and creative playcaller. The plays required to win are still there to be made every week. Plays are typically busted if just one person ****s up, and this season we have a lot of players prone to ****ing up (due to bad roster management), the QB as well. Still, the team despite being bad is in games usually until the end.

    Any HC with a big ego would have asked for more control after winning a SB. Doug didn't. He didn't even ask for final say on the 53-man roster. Again, that's the sign of a good leader, the ability to delegate. Schwartz has complete autonomy over the defense as well.

    If he's being made the scapegoat for this mess of season, then I'll take a break from being a fan because such a decision would disgust me. He'd essentially get fired for not having a big enough ego, else he could easily scapegoat someone else. I'm not going to be associated with that.
    Doug has plenty of ego

    He wrote a book after his first super bowl win

    And actually btw I love him as a coach. But his insistence on being play caller is absolutely unquestionably ego. Even the great Andy Reid shares playcalling now

    Which btw he didnít in Philly which is why he got fired. A humbled Reid split up playcalling and now is a Super Bowl champ

    Iíd love Doug to stay but until he is humbled and gives up playcalling willingly I donít trust him.

    Not forced by ownership. His decision

    I donít see that happening. Nobody can watch this offense the past 3 seasons and think itís running like a well oiled machine. Itís been a stick in the mud since 2018

    The league has figured it out

    Evolve or die. Heís decided to stick with this and not change. And Carson is on him. Heís supposed to be the QB guru. And he hasnít had any answers to fix Carson? Thatís on him. Thatís what heís here for

  12. #3462
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    17,032
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Heís been asked.

    He keeps saying no.
    Itís coming from his hesitation in a press conference

    I donít think he does it. I think itís the wrong decision. Whatís the best case scenario?

    Hurts plays well? Then what lol

    We have a 35 million dollar backup? Lol

  13. #3463
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    24,140
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    It's not really a new package. Other than the fact that Carson is lining up at WR on those plays and Doug refused to call a play to allow him to throw it. If he insists on getting him in the game to disrupt the flow of the offense, he is going to half to let Hurts throw it or they are just going to sit on Hurts running with it.
    The thing is the offense is never flowing anyways so it doesn't disrupt anything. It's just another bad play in a series of bad plays.

  14. #3464
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    90,731
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    The thing is the offense is never flowing anyways so it doesn't disrupt anything. It's just another bad play in a series of bad plays.
    This isnít true.

    Multiple times on drives this has come to hurt us. I could go and find those specifics on Twitter but Iím too lazy.

  15. #3465
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    24,140
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    This isnít true.

    Multiple times on drives this has come to hurt us. I could go and find those specifics on Twitter but Iím too lazy.
    Ehhh the offense sucks. Probably saved Wentz a few turnovers on the plays Hurts came in. Still, it is stupid to not let him pass or let him rollout and have the option to pass. Go deep once at least. It doesn't have much hope when the defense knows you are going to run.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •