Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 231 of 341 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281331 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 5111
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Why did we have the highest passer rating in Doug's 3rd year as playcaller?

Why didn't defenses figure out his plays by year 2?
    Passer rating is useless in this discussion

Eye test

The offense has progressively regressed yearly since 2017. Iíve been complaining in the eagles sub forum since 2018 about both Carson and Doug

Itís a consistent regression and here we are. Hereís the truth

To me Doug and Carson deserve equal blame.

Doug can be cut, wentz canít. Also before you cut wentz you absolutely have to see him with a different coach. What happens if wentz is revitalized under a different coach? What happens if wentz keeps the same game up with a new coach? You have your answer

Also Iíve seen other comments about bad ownership. How long have you been a fan? Under lurie this team has been in the nfc championship how many times? Playoffs how many times? Won their first Super Bowl

Lurie is about as good an owner as there is

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Passer rating is useless in this discussion

Eye test

The offense has progressively regressed yearly since 2017. Iíve been complaining in the eagles sub forum since 2018 about both Carson and Doug

Itís a consistent regression and here we are. Hereís the truth

To me Doug and Carson deserve equal blame.

Doug can be cut, wentz canít. Also before you cut wentz you absolutely have to see him with a different coach. What happens if wentz is revitalized under a different coach? What happens if wentz keeps the same game up with a new coach? You have your answer

Also Iíve seen other comments about bad ownership. How long have you been a fan? Under lurie this team has been in the nfc championship how many times? Playoffs how many times? Won their first Super Bowl

Lurie is about as good an owner as there is
    Passer rating is not a useless stat. Well, it is if you use it to evaluate the QB. But it gives a fairly good overview over the quality of a passing offense.

I agree, Lurie has been a good owner. But firing Doug would be unjust to me. Not good or bad. Unjust.

Doug has proven he is a great leader; the most important attribute of a head coach. To me at least, he has also shown he is a good and creative playcaller. The plays required to win are still there to be made every week. Plays are typically busted if just one person ****s up, and this season we have a lot of players prone to ****ing up (due to bad roster management), the QB as well. Still, the team despite being bad is in games usually until the end.

Any HC with a big ego would have asked for more control after winning a SB. Doug didn't. He didn't even ask for final say on the 53-man roster. Again, that's the sign of a good leader, the ability to delegate. Schwartz has complete autonomy over the defense as well.

If he's being made the scapegoat for this mess of season, then I'll take a break from being a fan because such a decision would disgust me. He'd essentially get fired for not having a big enough ego, else he could easily scapegoat someone else. I'm not going to be associated with that.

But maybe the Eagles should really achieve the honor of having fired two of the head coaches who won a Super Bowl in the last three seasons.

But maybe the Eagles should really achieve the honor of having fired two of the head coaches who won a Super Bowl in the last three seasons.
    Much like Andy, Dougís not adjusting and getting guys to follow him.

dougy is now thinking about benching wentz this week... wow

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Much like Andy, Dougís not adjusting and getting guys to follow him.
    You think Andy Reid isn't adjusting?

You think Andy Reid isn't adjusting?
    In Philly, no.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    dougy is now thinking about benching wentz this week... wow
    No.

No.
    has been talked about on cbs 3 here etc.... not sure how true but where there is smoke

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    has been talked about on cbs 3 here etc.... not sure how true but where there is smoke
    Heís been asked.

He keeps saying no.

Passer rating is not a useless stat. Well, it is if you use it to evaluate the QB. But it gives a fairly good overview over the quality of a passing offense.

I agree, Lurie has been a good owner. But firing Doug would be unjust to me. Not good or bad. Unjust.

Doug has proven he is a great leader; the most important attribute of a head coach. To me at least, he has also shown he is a good and creative playcaller. The plays required to win are still there to be made every week. Plays are typically busted if just one person ****s up, and this season we have a lot of players prone to ****ing up (due to bad roster management), the QB as well. Still, the team despite being bad is in games usually until the end.

Any HC with a big ego would have asked for more control after winning a SB. Doug didn't. He didn't even ask for final say on the 53-man roster. Again, that's the sign of a good leader, the ability to delegate. Schwartz has complete autonomy over the defense as well.

If he's being made the scapegoat for this mess of season, then I'll take a break from being a fan because such a decision would disgust me. He'd essentially get fired for not having a big enough ego, else he could easily scapegoat someone else. I'm not going to be associated with that.
    Doug has plenty of ego

He wrote a book after his first super bowl win

And actually btw I love him as a coach. But his insistence on being play caller is absolutely unquestionably ego. Even the great Andy Reid shares playcalling now

Which btw he didnít in Philly which is why he got fired. A humbled Reid split up playcalling and now is a Super Bowl champ

Iíd love Doug to stay but until he is humbled and gives up playcalling willingly I donít trust him.

Not forced by ownership. His decision

I donít see that happening. Nobody can watch this offense the past 3 seasons and think itís running like a well oiled machine. Itís been a stick in the mud since 2018

The league has figured it out

Evolve or die. Heís decided to stick with this and not change. And Carson is on him. Heís supposed to be the QB guru. And he hasnít had any answers to fix Carson? Thatís on him. Thatís what heís here for

Heís been asked.

He keeps saying no.
    Itís coming from his hesitation in a press conference

I donít think he does it. I think itís the wrong decision. Whatís the best case scenario?

Hurts plays well? Then what lol

We have a 35 million dollar backup? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    It's not really a new package. Other than the fact that Carson is lining up at WR on those plays and Doug refused to call a play to allow him to throw it. If he insists on getting him in the game to disrupt the flow of the offense, he is going to half to let Hurts throw it or they are just going to sit on Hurts running with it.
    The thing is the offense is never flowing anyways so it doesn't disrupt anything. It's just another bad play in a series of bad plays.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    The thing is the offense is never flowing anyways so it doesn't disrupt anything. It's just another bad play in a series of bad plays.
    This isnít true.

Multiple times on drives this has come to hurt us. I could go and find those specifics on Twitter but Iím too lazy.

This isnít true.

Multiple times on drives this has come to hurt us. I could go and find those specifics on Twitter but Iím too lazy.
    Ehhh the offense sucks. Probably saved Wentz a few turnovers on the plays Hurts came in. Still, it is stupid to not let him pass or let him rollout and have the option to pass. Go deep once at least. It doesn't have much hope when the defense knows you are going to run.