Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 230 of 341 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280330 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 5111
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Yíall are reaching lol.
    I mean itís not unprecedented. Luck walked away from the game for the same reasons. And Luck was just the most recent person to do it. Robert Smith was a top 5 RB and walked away for similar reasons. It happens more than you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I mean itís not unprecedented. Luck walked away from the game for the same reasons. And Luck was just the most recent person to do it. Robert Smith was a top 5 RB and walked away for similar reasons. It happens more than you think.

2 examples in the last 25 years. Wouldnít say itís more than we think.

2 examples in the last 25 years. Wouldnít say itís more than we think.
    San Fran had a potential all pro safety that walked away from game after 2 seasons for the same reason. Just because I gave you 3 examples doesnít mean thatís all there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    San Fran had a potential all pro safety that walked away from game after 2 seasons for the same reason. Just because I gave you 3 examples doesnít mean thatís all there is.

LB wasnít it?

Still, itís quite the reach that Wentz is going to walk away to duck hunt.

LB wasnít it?

Still, itís quite the reach that Wentz is going to walk away to duck hunt.
    Iím not saying thatís what will happen, but if wentz does walk away from the game when heís like 29 or 30 I really wouldnít be too surprised. Itís also not just the duck hunting, I think itís a lot of different things.

Regardless, something is definitely wrong with him this year and I think itís mostly mental. Something is weighing him down in my opinion

Yíall are reaching lol.
    Not as much as you've been reaching for excuses for Wentz. lmao

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    I'm not sure what you're seeing, but the offense literally hasn't changed. This season has been eerily similar to the last year with Chip as the HC in that defense's knew exactly what was coming because the play calling was so predictable. Carson is obviously not seeing the field well at all. That should be obvious to everybody, but at the same time everything is bad around him as well including the play calling, offensive line play, and lack of execution in general across the board. They just stink plain and simple. This narrative that Doug is dumbing down the playbook for Carson is a false one.
    I agree there are a lot of issues but the play calling is at the end of the list for me.

Have you seen defenses actually call out the plays?

There's a whole new package for use with Hurts; it's just the outcome that usually sucks.

Part of the reason we got back into the Ravens game is that Marcus Peters is a guesser and he got tricked by several plays that usually go differently.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post

I agree there are a lot of issues but the play calling is at the end of the list for me.

There's a whole new package for use with Hurts; it's just the outcome that usually sucks.

Part of the reason we got back into the Ravens game is that Marcus Peters is a guesser and he got tricked by several plays that usually go differently.
    Excuses? No.

Justification. Reasoning. Context. Yes.

Lost in this is the fact Iíve said repeatedly that Wentz is part of the problem. But hey, no need in those details.

The outcome of the hurts package sucks because he either fumbled or runs a read option.

The offense is stale man.

The outcome of the hurts package sucks because he either fumbled or runs a read option.

The offense is stale man.
    You gotta separate the play designs/calls from the outcome.

Doug's playbook: We give the ball to the other team on 10% of our plays. It's gonna confuse them.

You gotta separate the play designs/calls from the outcome.
    Well when itís the same play...

It's not really a new package. Other than the fact that Carson is lining up at WR on those plays and Doug refused to call a play to allow him to throw it. If he insists on getting him in the game to disrupt the flow of the offense, he is going to half to let Hurts throw it or they are just going to sit on Hurts running with it.

Well when itís the same play...
    Why did we have the highest passer rating in Doug's 3rd year as playcaller?

Why didn't defenses figure out his plays by year 2?

Regardless of what is thought, I do agree that Carson looks jittery in the pocket, is way too slow making his reads, and he just generally looks uncomfortable

He looks like David carr right now

I havenít seen him look comfortable at all. Kurt Warner said that as a QB you have to trust your crappy OL as if theyíre pro bowlers, same with WRs

Easier said than done

However I canít help but wonder if heís caught that bug once a teams put their QB in harms way one too many times

That discomfort bug. Where no matter what heís uncomfortable because heís lost trust

My eyes tell me heís broken but can be fixed. Itíll take a different coach

I get people defending Doug, he won a Super Bowl but he was hired as a QB guru and the QB is regressing thatís on Doug. However much you want to put on Carson has to go on Doug too

Heís not supposed to allow this. Heís supposed to be able to find a way to work through this. Thatís on Doug. Carson is going out there and taking the hits, but at what point do we not wonder why the QB guru is at a loss for an entire season

Once you feel like youíre always going to get hit a part of you is slower reading the field because a part of you is always keeping an eye on the line

Carson doesnít trust his line, his WRs or what he himself is seeing

Thatís why thereís guys open heís missing from time to time