Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 229 of 341 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239279329 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 5111
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Mike Kaye is not the Eagles beat reporter I would be using as an example to try and prove a point...just saying. He's on about the same level as Philly sports talk radio pushing agenda's and making up rumors out of thin air.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out the offense has been very basic and running the same fundamental base plays Peterson has been going to the past few years. The problem is that it's not fooling the defense and the execution is worse. It has nothing to do with dumbing down the playbook for Wentz, but a tornado of failure on multiple levels. From lack of execution from everyone on offense and lack of innovation to disguise and throw new wrinkles to throw the defense off.
    No, these are not the same plays we've run for years, and if you haven't seen Wentz fail to go through his reads, then I don't know what you've been watching.

What do I care who the source is? There's always some truth to it. Do I believe it 100%? No of course not, because there's no leak without someone having an agenda.

Also if Wentz got COVID depression or he only cares about hunting anymore since he got his big payday, I wouldn't even hold it against him. But clearly something is wrong with *him* in particular. There are a lot of bad circumstances, sure, but he doesn't need to be the victim of it.

We even got mariner4life advocating now that Doug should be fired, and if that isn't a sure-fire sign of being a wrong opinion then I don't know what is.

NFCE 2020 Season Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    No, these are not the same plays we've run for years, and if you haven't seen Wentz fail to go through his reads, then I don't know what you've been watching.

What do I care who the source is? There's always some truth to it. Do I believe it 100%? No of course not, because there's no leak without someone having an agenda.

Also if Wentz got COVID depression or he only cares about hunting anymore since he got his big payday, I wouldn't even hold it against him. But clearly something is wrong with *him* in particular. There are a lot of bad circumstances, sure, but he doesn't need to be the victim of it.

We even got mariner4life advocating now that Doug should be fired, and if that isn't a sure-fire sign of being a wrong opinion then I don't know what is.
    I have a theory about wentz that I donít know if I believe yet or not. But my theory is that Carson wentz literally does not like football anymore. Heís gone through a lot the last 5 years and I wonder if the eagles drafting a QB in the 2nd round was a slap in the face to him and the ďfinal straw that broke the camels backĒ in his mind. He used to be very good with game planning and was a film junky (even supposedly tried to watch football game tape on his phone on dates in college), now it seems like his preparation for games is horrible. And it literally looks like he doesnít care.. One thing (amongst many others) that Iíve had a problem with from him this year is Iíve seen him literally smile or laugh after throwing interceptions this year. At least 3 different times. Iíve never seen that from him before.

Heís owed over $100mill in contract money alone, heís probably also got 10s of millions in endorsements and heís a smart guy so I bet heís got great investments also. He can walk away after the guaranteed portion of his contract is up and he and his kids will be set for life. He would have more at that time than Andrew luck when luck walked away from football. Having a child can do all kinds of things to a man. I wouldnít be surprised if he just hates being away from his wife and daughter so much with football that he just wants to quit as soon as his contract is over and just be there for his family.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    2016 Rookie year bad situation
    2018 Coming off the ACL
    2019 Played really bad trash
    2020 Played with really really bad trash

2017 MVP type of year

This is what you guys have been saying to excuse his play. Which year is the outlier?
    So how exactly is that trending in the wrong direction?

You say heís trending in the wrong direction and then use the context weíve all said to try and justify? Iím not sure how this is working for you.

The fact he put up good numbers in 2018 and 2019 (his most yards!!!) with trash surroundings and coming off injury should be no indication of trending the wrong way. 2020 is trashiest of the trash but the majority of us Eagles fans all agree that Carson is a big problem THIS year too.

If he keeps having years akin to this year, sure, you can say heís trending in the wrong direction. One year does not define a QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    I have a theory about wentz that I donít know if I believe yet or not. But my theory is that Carson wentz literally does not like football anymore. Heís gone through a lot the last 5 years and I wonder if the eagles drafting a QB in the 2nd round was a slap in the face to him and the ďfinal straw that broke the camels backĒ in his mind. He used to be very good with game planning and was a film junky (even supposedly tried to watch football game tape on his phone on dates in college), now it seems like his preparation for games is horrible. And it literally looks like he doesnít care.. One thing (amongst many others) that Iíve had a problem with from him this year is Iíve seen him literally smile or laugh after throwing interceptions this year. At least 3 different times. Iíve never seen that from him before.

Heís owed over $100mill in contract money alone, heís probably also got 10s of millions in endorsements and heís a smart guy so I bet heís got great investments also. He can walk away after the guaranteed portion of his contract is up and he and his kids will be set for life. He would have more at that time than Andrew luck when luck walked away from football. Having a child can do all kinds of things to a man. I wouldnít be surprised if he just hates being away from his wife and daughter so much with football that he just wants to quit as soon as his contract is over and just be there for his family.
    Yeah, I think so, too. He is very religious in the charitable sense so he's probably thinking what good he could do with all that money instead of continuing to play football. Or he could spent all that time on his kid (probably more to come).

He's also probably never going to get the love of Philly like Foles. Gets called soft for reporting a concussion in the playoff game, which was the right thing to do. Then the team also drafts Hurts like you said. If he was still competitive he'd fight through all that ****, but this is literally a game he's playing. It's not that meaningful.

As I said, I don't blame him if that's really what's going on.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 11-26-2020 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    So how exactly is that trending in the wrong direction?

You say heís trending in the wrong direction and then use the context weíve all said to try and justify? Iím not sure how this is working for you.

The fact he put up good numbers in 2018 and 2019 (his most yards!!!) with trash surroundings and coming off injury should be no indication of trending the wrong way. 2020 is trashiest of the trash but the majority of us Eagles fans all agree that Carson is a big problem THIS year too.

If he keeps having years akin to this year, sure, you can say heís trending in the wrong direction. One year does not define a QB.

Itís debatable but
    2018 was worse then 2017
    2019 was worse then 2018
    2020 is looking worse then 2019
    I see decline.

I said my first choice would be to get rid of Wentz. I said if Wentz remains then they should change coaches as the marriage seems fractured.
    Try and quote me properly.

Yeah, I think so, too. He is very religious in the charitable sense so he's probably thinking what good he could do with all that money instead of continuing to play football. Or he could spent all that time on his kid (probably more to come).

He's also probably never going to get the love of Philly like Foles. Gets called soft for reporting a concussion in the playoff game, which was the right thing to do. Then the team also drafts Hurts like you said. If he was still competitive he'd fight through all that ****, but this is literally a game he's playing. It's not that meaningful.

Agreed

Itís debatable but
    2018 was worse then 2017
    2019 was worse then 2018
    I see decline.
    If you want to call it decline then thatís fine, but the drop off each year isnít nearly as huge as the drop off from 2019 to 2020

I'm not sure what you're seeing, but the offense literally hasn't changed. This season has been eerily similar to the last year with Chip as the HC in that defense's knew exactly what was coming because the play calling was so predictable. Carson is obviously not seeing the field well at all. That should be obvious to everybody, but at the same time everything is bad around him as well including the play calling, offensive line play, and lack of execution in general across the board. They just stink plain and simple. This narrative that Doug is dumbing down the playbook for Carson is a false one.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    I'm not sure what you're seeing, but the offense literally hasn't changed. This season has been eerily similar to the last year with Chip as the HC in that defense's knew exactly what was coming because the play calling was so predictable. Carson is obviously not seeing the field well at all. That should be obvious to everybody, but at the same time everything is bad around him as well including the play calling, offensive line play, and lack of execution in general across the board. They just stink plain and simple. This narrative that Doug is dumbing down the playbook for Carson is a false one.
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Cowboys strength and conditioning coach died.

Dang.
    Yea thatís why they cancelled practice the other day. They are just saying he had some kind of medical emergency at about 7:30 that morning and collapsed. Initially they reported that he passed away the same day but his daughter tweeted that he was in life support and they were still trying to same him. Then they reported yesterday that he passed away. Pretty sad. Apparently the whole team was there when he collapsed.

When the news came in of a serious medical emergency, Cowboys fans were hoping it was Mike McCarthy.
    Many were also hoping it was Jerry. Pretty sickening if you ask me. I would never wish that on anyone. Karma is a MF.

Having a child definitely changes the way a man thinks about life. Heís a little older now and that also has an effect on the way a person thinks about life. Then factor in injuries and potential injuries and he might have just had enough (like Andrew Luck).

Then on a personal level, Wentz is an avid hunter correct? Heís likely missed duck season since heís been in the NFL. If you are an avid hunter or know an avid hunter then you know the start of duck season is like Christmas morning to hunters. After all the injuries and the scrutiny and the state of the team he might just be ready to live his life and raise his kid.

Yíall are reaching lol.

Itís debatable but
    2018 was worse then 2017
    2019 was worse then 2018
    I see decline.
    Based on what?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.