Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 123 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2211
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Donít expect that every week out of Schultz. Thatís the problem Iím seeing with this defense, Nolanís system. Heís a 3-4 coach with 4-3 personnel. The DL and LBís look completely lost out there. Lawrence has no business attacking from a standing position. He needs to have his hand in the dirt. The Falcons put 39 points on this defense (should have been 46 pts). If Nolan doesnít figure out how to use these pass rushers and put some heat on Wilson he is going to absolutely shred our secondary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The problem is thereís little information to expect anything from DS . However , if you remember after he was drafted the Stanford coach called him the most complete TE he ever coached . Stanford was run heavy at that point . His biggest weakness was supposed to be his inexperience in the passing game . This was a great sign . No more no less .

Heard another guy mention that he hasnít been the same since his injury in 2017. Heís been on a steady decline since then. OL actually played well yesterday and this season he does have at least 1 legit WR threat in Reagor and two elite pass catching TEís. Sanders is really good too at RB. Do you guys think it might be the injury from Ď17?

Steady decline? Are we ignoring what he did just last season?

Heís struggling, I think for reasons Iíve already listed though.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    The problem is thereís little information to expect anything from DS . However , if you remember after he was drafted the Stanford coach called him the most complete TE he ever coached . Stanford was run heavy at that point . His biggest weakness was supposed to be his inexperience in the passing game . This was a great sign . No more no less .
    I would love to be wrong. The game he had will keep the team from looking for a TE for at least another week. So heís going to get a chance to make some plays.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Steady decline? Are we ignoring what he did just last season?

Heís struggling, I think for reasons Iíve already listed though.
    Thatís what the talking heads are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Itís fine to take Saturn over Zeke, I donít know if there is a right answer there. Iím just saying itís wrong to say Zeke is only good because of his line.
    Zeke's line has not been that good the last 2 years and especially not this year. Any discussion by anyone that the Cowboys O-line is elite this year is living 4 years in the past. This is not the 2016 line. With Tyron continuing to be injured this is a middle of the league O-line at best. I actually think this is Zeke's most explosive output since his rookie season. He is running well, the line is doing virtually nothing that a replacement level line couldn't do.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Today against a bad falcons team doesnít really say a ton in my opinion. Dallas might not have the o-line that they had 3-4 years ago but itís still a lot better than what New York has had. Both have been elite running backs but Saquon doesnít know what a good offensive line looks like, zeke does.

Regardless, Iím not saying thereís a huge difference here. If all things were equal Iíd rather take saquon, thatís all Iím saying. Itís ok to disagree though
    I would rather have an all pro DB and use a replacement level back or platoon of backs as the incremental value added by an elite RB vs a standard RB platoon is very trivial in terms of EPA or wins added. Although nice for fantasy football virtually no correlation to having all pro RBs and winning football games.

Thatís what the talking heads are saying.

Which is silly considering...

Carson Wentz had 48 TDs to 14 INTs @ 260 YPG in his last 27 games played coming into 2020, while battling injuries and a depleted offensive roster.

Carson Wentz had 48 TDs to 14 INTs @ 260 YPG in his last 27 games played coming into 2020, while battling injuries and a depleted offensive roster.
    Right. Also with 66% completion percentage during that timeframe (people like to talk down about his completion percentage for some reason). People act like heís been terrible since the Super Bowl year but I really donít see that at all. Heís been very good even with all heís been through.

That being said, he really has been terrible this year though but itís only week 2, I think heíll snap out of it eventually.

NFCE 2020 Season Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    I would rather have an all pro DB and use a replacement level back or platoon of backs as the incremental value added by an elite RB vs a standard RB platoon is very trivial in terms of EPA or wins added. Although nice for fantasy football virtually no correlation to having all pro RBs and winning football games.
    Do you have stats to back this up? That thereís not much difference in win probability between having an elite running back versus a ďreplacement level backĒ or a ďstandard RB platoonĒ
    Last edited by QQQ; 09-22-2020 at 09:02 AM.

All while hopping on one foot with one hand tied behind his back!

Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    All while hopping on one foot with one hand tied behind his back!
    See, this guy gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Do you have stats to back this up? That thereís not much difference in win probability between having an elite running back versus a ďreplacement level backĒ or a ďstandard RB platoonĒ
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...sily-replaced/

and a qualitative summary on why scheme is more important:
    https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2020/4/...ound-box-count

Running backs are great for Fantasy though

I would love to be wrong. The game he had will keep the team from looking for a TE for at least another week. So heís going to get a chance to make some plays.

I donít know man it would be great if he planned out but it would also make you question the scouts because the issue with Jarwin was blocking . If you had a guy who did both on the roster and never gave him a chance ?? Idk Iím not about that . Iíd fire somebody over that . Like you said itís 1 game but for some reason his game stood out to me almost as much as Daks ...

Hey did you see Dak after his post game interview..? He didnít looked depressed . From someone who has suffered from clinical depression along with extreme ptsd most of my life I was really happy for him . He turned away from the camera and pretty much pushed their PR guy while he basically skipped off the field . It was nice to see if you are familiar with depression. I havnt been that genuinely happy since my kids were born . 21 years ago . Sad but true . Itís a terrible sickness .

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...sily-replaced/

and a qualitative summary on why scheme is more important:
    https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2020/4/...ound-box-count

Running backs are great for Fantasy though
    Running backs are also great for keeping a well balanced offense. Play action passes for example are effective because, well, the defense expects a run and gets a pass. Thereís a lot of different factors here that donít show up in fantasy football as you are saying. Itís not all about the fantasy stats

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    I donít know man it would be great if he planned out but it would also make you question the scouts because the issue with Jarwin was blocking . If you had a guy who did both on the roster and never gave him a chance ?? Idk Iím not about that . Iíd fire somebody over that . Like you said itís 1 game but for some reason his game stood out to me almost as much as Daks ...

Hey did you see Dak after his post game interview..? He didnít looked depressed . From someone who has suffered from clinical depression along with extreme ptsd most of my life I was really happy for him . He turned away from the camera and pretty much pushed their PR guy while he basically skipped off the field . It was nice to see if you are familiar with depression. I havnt been that genuinely happy since my kids were born . 21 years ago . Sad but true . Itís a terrible sickness .
    Honestly he might not have been ready to start. You have to remember this is only his 3rd season. Also Witten was on the team last season. Witten is an all time Cowboy and future HOF but he was notorious for being a progress stopper for any young TE that signed on or was drafted.

As for Dak, yea he did look to be in high spirits. I saw the interview and when he ran off with a Rich Dalrymple. The Falcons TE actually approached Dak after the game to thank him for talking openly about his depression.