Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 120 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2221
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I think Saquon is unfairly criticized due to where he was drafted to in a draft where that team had a specific need and players were available.

Keep in mind the next 3 QBs were Darnold, Allen, Rosen. Could have traded up for Jackson though.
    Still should’ve went Chubb or traded back for some oline help. They didn’t need to go QB either as oline has been a huge need for them for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Still should’ve went Chubb or traded back for some oline help. They didn’t need to go QB either as oline has been a huge need for them for awhile.

I think the pick of Saquon is fine, if they traded up in the late 1st that year for Jackson, Wynn or Corbett. If they wanted OL they weren’t going to really capitalize trading back.

FWIW they ended up with a decent OG in RD 2.

But it again plays into the issue that they were a team with so many holes that taking RB was the problem. Saquon himself is a damn good player. If he makes it to 4 with Cleveland no way are people saying these things about him.

I think Saquon is unfairly criticized due to where he was drafted to in a draft where that team had a specific need and players were available.

Keep in mind the next 3 QBs were Darnold, Allen, Rosen. Could have traded up for Jackson though.
    Trade up for Jackson? You mean from 2nd overall to 1st overall?

I think the pick of Saquon is fine, if they traded up in the late 1st that year for Jackson, Wynn or Corbett. If they wanted OL they weren’t going to really capitalize trading back.

FWIW they ended up with a decent OG in RD 2.

But it again plays into the issue that they were a team with so many holes that taking RB was the problem. Saquon himself is a damn good player. If he makes it to 4 with Cleveland no way are people saying these things about him.
    I mean they still have that oline need though. I understand the not drafting for need but linemen are a different animal with this. Going two lineman isn’t bad.

I think Barkley is great but considering the shelf life of RBs, why take a RB when you’re oline is complete trash? I just don’t think it was the smartest choice.

And yeah, any other team takes him this probably isn’t a conversation, but the Giants did and it was a bad pick for them.

I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Trade up for Jackson? You mean from 2nd overall to 1st overall?
    Not sure what you are hinting at since Lamar Jackson went 32.

I mean they still have that oline need though. I understand the not drafting for need but linemen are a different animal with this. Going two lineman isn’t bad.

I think Barkley is great but considering the shelf life of RBs, why take a RB when you’re oline is complete trash? I just don’t think it was the smartest choice.

And yeah, any other team takes him this probably isn’t a conversation, but the Giants did and it was a bad pick for them.

But you’re kinda backing up my initial point though. People knock Barkley as a player because of where he was picked and who picked him. He has no control over that.

Lol and how much of that is attributed to how putrid the Giants are?

And you act like he’s played 5+ years. He’s entering his 3rd season. So he’s a JaG because he had a great rookie year and an Ok 2nd with 1 game into his 3rd?

Last season he was getting contracted by the defense earlier than his rookie season yet still averaged the same amount of yards after contact. He had less yards per attempt but still a 4.6 per attempt. Only 5 RBs with 200+ attempts had more than him. Elliot, Carson, Mixon, Fournette, Cook, Mack, Bell all had less. Jones and him both had 4.6.

What a stupid ****ing take.

I would take that JAG in my team any day. Other than Zeke and maybe McCaffrey there are no better RB’s in the NFL, in my opinion.

Who are the better RBs than him? Just curious who you have over him and where you rank him.

Probably 5 or somewhere around there. CMC, Zeke, Kamara

They should have drafted Quenton Nelson in the 1st and then Chubb in the 2nd in 2018. They then could have still drafted Daniel Jones in 2019.

Not sure what you are hinting at since Lamar Jackson went 32.
    Hinting at the fact that so far Jackson is the best player from that draft class.

So if we're doing hindsight things about Barkley, we might as well include that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    Probably 5 or somewhere around there. CMC, Zeke, Kamara
    I mean I’d probably take CMC and Zeke over him still for now. He’s arguably still there at 3. So even if he’s 4th on your list, you have two RBs taken 4th and 8th in their drafts. Barkley was drafted 2nd. You have 3 of your top 4 RBs drafted in the top 8 picks of the first round. Not really sure the big concern coming from you...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    They should have drafted Quenton Nelson in the 1st and then Chubb in the 2nd in 2018. They then could have still drafted Daniel Jones in 2019.

I meant Bradley

But you’re kinda backing up my initial point though. People knock Barkley as a player because of where he was picked and who picked him. He has no control over that.
    I think we’re making different arguments lol.

I’m fine with where he went as I think he’s still going to be a great back. I just disagree with who took him.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Hinting at the fact that so far Jackson is the best player from that draft class.

So if we're doing hindsight things about Barkley, we might as well include that.
    The only thing I’m “hindsighting” about it is that Barkley’s criticism was the Giants should have gone QBOTF. I was pointing out one of the immediate three taken turned out good if the replaced Barkley with Darnold/Allen/Rosen. I was pointing out the only way they could have made armchair GMs happy and Barkley happy would have been to move to 30/31/32 and take Jackson.

I think we’re making different arguments lol.

I’m fine with where he went as I think he’s still going to be a great back. I just disagree with who took him.

I think he is a top 3 back, I’m saying the reason people won’t put him there is because he’s on the Giants and they should’ve taken a QB.