Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 118 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2526
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Wentz looks way more comfortable when he goes no huddle. That should say it all in my opinion. Seems like Doug isnít really considering things that wentz is good at. I think the eagles should bring in Dan orlovsky in some advisor type role. He has some great ideas for how to best utilize wentz
    Still doesn't excuse the mental mistakes he made especially in week one.

He cleaned up a lot of them but still made a few crucial ones in week two.

If I blame Pederson for one thing it's that his offense is too complicated for the circumstances this year.

You can see the team succeeding right away are those with simpler offenses and few new starters.

But the division is still trash so it would be foolish to already count the Eagles out.

Today against a bad falcons team doesnít really say a ton in my opinion. Dallas might not have the o-line that they had 3-4 years ago but itís still a lot better than what New York has had. Both have been elite running backs but Saquon doesnít know what a good offensive line looks like, zeke does.

Regardless, Iím not saying thereís a huge difference here. If all things were equal Iíd rather take saquon, thatís all Iím saying. Itís ok to disagree though
    Itís fine to take Saturn over Zeke, I donít know if there is a right answer there. Iím just saying itís wrong to say Zeke is only good because of his line.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Still doesn't excuse the mental mistakes he made especially in week one.

He cleaned up a lot of them but still made a few crucial ones in week two.

If I blame Pederson for one thing it's that his offense is too complicated for the circumstances this year.

You can see the team succeeding right away are those with simpler offenses and few new starters.

But the division is still trash so it would be foolish to already count the Eagles out.
    Iím not making excuses for anybody, just throwing blame around. Wentz has been **** this year so far

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Itís fine to take Saturn over Zeke, I donít know if there is a right answer there. Iím just saying itís wrong to say Zeke is only good because of his line.
    Iíve never said zeke is only good because of his line, Iím saying his line helps him play better (better blocking means bigger holes which usually means better success running the ball).

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post

I donít think the eagles are out but I will say there is little Iíve seen this year that makes me believe they are a playoff team even in this division. Wentz has looked very bad which isnít typical for him, if he keeps this up Iím not even sure the eagles win 5 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Itís the old Emmitt vs Barry argument. Would you rather have the guy thatís a home run hitter. Half his plays may go for negative yards but heís going to rip off about two 60-80 yard plays per game. His highlights are going to look amazing and heíll be on Sportscenter.

Or would you rather have the guys that consistent and reliable. He may not rip of an 80 yard run but heís going to move the chains and heís a good blocker for your QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you think saquon Barkley would have more consistent runs if he had a better offensive line?

Do you think saquon Barkley would have more consistent runs if he had a better offensive line?
    Probably, but he doesnít. If Sequan doesnít suffer anymore major injuries though and can play at least 10 years heís going to be in the conversation with Barry. He is that level of talent. Most people pick Barry over Emmitt. So I can see why someone would pick Sequan over Zeke. Those kind of players are exciting to watch. I just rather have the guy that is more consistent and moves the chains.

Hey if Wentz works well in no huddle you can ship him across the state in about 2 years.

Absolutely. I know Tiki made the comment earlier about Saquon being a big guy and he needs to go north south more. Well yea but when he gets the ball and sees more opponent jerseys than the back of his own teams itís not going to matter.

So I think he needs a bit of a better line and some movement in the runs with stretch zones, pulling blockers, and things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Hey if Wentz works well in no huddle you can ship him across the state in about 2 years.
    Itís where he excels.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Itís where he excels.
    Ben does as well. Itís interesting how they are similar in finding a look they like, going no huddle, and they excel. I think that Pederson has a bit of what Fichtner has in him with wanting to call plays because they know how good the no huddle is. Almost a bit of ďI need my dueĒ.

I would love to see 2 wr, 2 te, 1 rb for two series and see how he does on his own. Let him move them around and find the mismatches.

I watched a replay of the WFT game and I think that thereís mismatches in the offense, but the movement and action within the play makes it hard to see where thatís at. Like I saw a play with trips set to get a LB on a WR. And though it happened the OL didnít hold up and Wentz didnít spot it. I also see a lack of movement that helps him see man vs zone, and things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Absolutely. I know Tiki made the comment earlier about Saquon being a big guy and he needs to go north south more. Well yea but when he gets the ball and sees more opponent jerseys than the back of his own teams itís not going to matter.

So I think he needs a bit of a better line and some movement in the runs with stretch zones, pulling blockers, and things like that.
    I just think every running back plays better behind a competent offensive line. Saquon has been behind a poor offensive line his whole young career and still finds a way to make a huge impact on the game. Thatís impressive to me. AP was like that too, he didnít need to have a great O-line to succeed.

And to anybody that wonders once again no, Iím not saying that zeke needs a great offensive line. Their production is similar and one has had a good to elite offensive line most of his career and the other has had a below average to terrible offensive line his whole career, not to mention saquon is basically the only offensive weapon that defenses need to focus on too. If things were equal across the board, I personally would rather have saquon but Iíd love to have zeke too

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Probably, but he doesnít. If Sequan doesnít suffer anymore major injuries though and can play at least 10 years heís going to be in the conversation with Barry. He is that level of talent. Most people pick Barry over Emmitt. So I can see why someone would pick Sequan over Zeke. Those kind of players are exciting to watch. I just rather have the guy that is more consistent and moves the chains.

Saquan has not done diddly squat outside of his rookie year. at this point he is a JAG until proven otherwise. Each season he has gotten worse, talent only takes you so far. He can have all the talent in the world, but it is not translating to the football field.
    Last edited by Nunuu; 09-21-2020 at 08:12 AM.

NFCE 2020 Season Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    Saquan has not done diddly squat outside of his rookie year. at this point he is a JAG until proven otherwise. Each season he has gotten worse, talent only takes you so far. He can have all the talent in the world, but it is not translating to the football field.
    Lol and how much of that is attributed to how putrid the Giants are?

And you act like heís played 5+ years. Heís entering his 3rd season. So heís a JaG because he had a great rookie year and an Ok 2nd with 1 game into his 3rd?

Last season he was getting contracted by the defense earlier than his rookie season yet still averaged the same amount of yards after contact. He had less yards per attempt but still a 4.6 per attempt. Only 5 RBs with 200+ attempts had more than him. Elliot, Carson, Mixon, Fournette, Cook, Mack, Bell all had less. Jones and him both had 4.6.

What a stupid ****ing take.

Last edited by koldjerky; 09-21-2020 at 08:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Lol and how much of that is attributed to how putrid the Giants are?

Well when you have people comparing him to an all time great like Barry it does not matter, stop building him up until he actually sets the RB world on fire. CMC was/is on a god awful panthers team and still puts up his numbers. Tired of giving the guy a pass, he was over drafted and will never live up to his draft position.