Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 96 of 157 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2349
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Probably, but we are talking about rookies mostly here and an assumption and injury prone Desean Jackson can stay healthy and somehow Jeffery can become a good player again. They should improve as a group, but it's no guarantee with young guys.

I didn't realize Philly brought in John Hightower. Hope he can make the team and do some good work! I liked him at BSU.
    Personally I think all of the rookie WRs will make the eagles 53 man roster. This is a group that was terrible last year and has been plagued with injuries for 2-3 years straight now. Getting younger (and faster) at the position is a good idea in my opinion. I think the eagles WR group in no particular depth chart order is

Alshon- pup
    DJack
    Jalen Reagor
    JJAW
    John Hightower
    Quez Watkins
    Greg ward

Burnett might make one of the final two ďroster spotsĒ with the new practice squad rule. Heís had a good camp but so has Elijah Holyfield (boxing legend evander Holyfieldís son). He might also make the 53 man roster or one of the two additional spots.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Weakest group on the entire eagles team in my opinion. I think itís possible that an udfa from last year (TJ Edwards) a 2020 6th round rookie (Shaun Bradley) and Nate Gerry are the starting linebackers this year barring any changes.

Side note: supposedly rasul Douglas showed up to camp a lot bigger and with more muscle. I wonder if he will be used occasionally in a hybrid linebacker role on passing downs (if he makes the team). The eagles like to do that occasionally with their secondary.
    That would probably be smart for Douglas if he is indeed that much bigger because I'm not sure what their linebackers will look like in coverage. They'll definitely need someone to step up out of that group. They've also downgraded behind them with the safeties as well. Hopefully (for the Eagles' sake) Mills can take another step forward this year as a full-time safety but McLeod seems pretty ordinary too. I still can't get over them moving on from Jenkins, I really liked him even as a Cowboys fan.

That would probably be smart for Douglas if he is indeed that much bigger because I'm not sure what their linebackers will look like in coverage. They'll definitely need someone to step up out of that group. They've also downgraded behind them with the safeties as well. Hopefully (for the Eagles' sake) Mills can take another step forward this year as a full-time safety but McLeod seems pretty ordinary too. I still can't get over them moving on from Jenkins, I really liked him even as a Cowboys fan.
    Thatís one thing Jenkins did a lot, he played as a hybrid linebacker on passing downs as well as a slot cornerback at times too. The slot cornerback is better this year in my opinion (robey-Coleman has been very effective there) but I think they could struggle missing Jenkins physicality in the passing game as a hybrid linebacker. Rasul might be able to fill that role but I havenít heard that they are even looking into that option (just a personal thought of mine that it might work). Personally, I always kinda thought rasul Douglas (and Jalen Mills) would be better as a box safety than as outside cornerbacks. We will see with Jalen though

Thatís one thing Jenkins did a lot, he played as a hybrid linebacker on passing downs as well as a slot cornerback at times too. The slot cornerback is better this year in my opinion (robey-Coleman has been very effective there) but I think they could struggle missing Jenkins physicality in the passing game as a hybrid linebacker. Rasul might be able to fill that role but I havenít heard that they are even looking into that option (just a personal thought of mine that it might work). Personally, I always kinda thought rasul Douglas (and Jalen Mills) would be better as a box safety than as outside cornerbacks. We will see with Jalen though
    I couldn't be any more excited that to see what Mils will do at Safety.

He's already established a leadership role according to the coaches as he has asked to address the team on different occassions. He's showing a veteran presence. He's got that swag. I see big things for him.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I couldn't be any more excited that to see what Mils will do at Safety.

He's already established a leadership role according to the coaches as he has asked to address the team on different occassions. He's showing a veteran presence. He's got that swag. I see big things for him.
    Agreed. I think heís in a more natural role now. His best years in college were arguably at safety, but cornerbacks get paid more which is why I think he wanted the move to cornerback.

Hot take JJAW has the best (and itís a good one) season for a WR on the Eagles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post

Desean has been unguardable during 1 v 1's according to most beat writers at camp.

IF, and that's a big IF, he stays healthy, he will have his best year as a pro.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Desean has been unguardable during 1 v 1's according to most beat writers at camp.

IF, and that's a big IF, he stays healthy, he will have his best year as a pro.
    Because the injury issue is such a big IF for him, it's going to be nearly impossible to test that. Regardless, I don't see him doing better than 2013's 82-1332-9 TDs. That'd be really tough at 33 coming off of injuries.

Because the injury issue is such a big IF for him, it's going to be nearly impossible to test that. Regardless, I don't see him doing better than 2013's 82-1332-9 TDs. That'd be really tough at 33 coming off of injuries.
    Yeah, you are right, I didn't;t even look up his best line.

More to the point, he should have a big year IF he can stay healthy.

Yes assuming Wentz finishes the season. Same as any other QB, hopefully nobody else gets a direct helmet to helmet hit to the back of the head either because thatíd be a likely concussion and ďnot finishing the seasonĒ
    Yea but how many other team leader QB's are going to run to the medical staff and say I got hit really hard can you check me for a concussion

Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    Yea but how many other team leader QB's are going to run to the medical staff and say I got hit really hard can you check me for a concussion
    Hopefully every single QB if they are smart. Can you imagine staying in a game with a concussion, getting hit the same way again, and then being a vegetable for the rest of your life just because you were too prideful to have the medical staff look you over?

That guys family would probably be able to sue the team/NFL but what good is that? The guy could be a vegetable the rest of his life. Maybe he can afford a golden catheter or something, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post

Thatís a fiery hot take. I think JJAW will be much better this year (couldnít do much worse) but I donít think he will be the best eagles receiver. Heís had a good camp this year but he also had a good training camp last year. Getting into better shape and putting extra work in the playbook should help him though.

In order of who I think is most likely to lead the eagles WRs in receiving Iíd say:

*Djack (because I think heís the best WR on the roster, injuries will ultimately determine how good he is though)

*Reagor (I think he will actually get the most reps at WR this year unless Djack stays completely healthy, I think AJ will start the season on the PUP and I think reagor is just better than JJAW).

*JJAW (him knowing the playbook better should give him more reps alone, getting in better shape should help him perform on the field. Iíd say quadrupling his stats from last year isnít unreasonable).

*Alshon (Iíd put him ahead of JJAW if I didnít think heíd start the season on the PUP list. Heís essentially JJAW but just better, and very motivated this season apparently).

*Greg ward (ideal slot for the eagles but I donít think he will succeed as much on the outside and eagles love using their TEs in the slot so you have to wonder how much he will actually give)

*Then thereís Quez Watkins and John hightower. Both are wild cards. Both have had great training camps but the real question is how well they will pick up the playbook. Like I said earlier, JJAW had a really good training camp last year too but couldnít pick up the playbook for ****.

Yes assuming Wentz finishes the season. Same as any other QB, hopefully nobody else gets a direct helmet to helmet hit to the back of the head either because thatíd be a likely concussion and ďnot finishing the seasonĒ
    Do you think Tom Brady would of had a concussion on that play?
    No way. Cause there would of been no contact at all. The ball would of been thrown away.
    Wentz should model his style after the stationary immobile QBs. I understand that he is more athletic then Brady, Manning, Flacco etc... but he has to resist that urge to do more.

I honestly think he can get close to that if he stays healthy. I donít think he will stay healthy all year though.

NFCE 2020 Season Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Do you think Tom Brady would of had a concussion on that play?
    No way. Cause there would of been no contact at all. The ball would of been thrown away.
    Wentz should model his style after the stationary immobile QBs. I understand that he is more athletic then Brady, Manning, Flacco etc... but he has to resist that urge to do more.
    Wentz is easily one of the best QBs in the league when leaving the pocket. If it ainít broke, donít fix it.