Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2767757677
Results 1,141 to 1,144 of 1144
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Well, consistently above average. They gave up 16.5 points per game in those easy 6 games and in those 10 less easy games against teams 6-10 or above they gave up 21.6. So thatís like a 5 point swing which isnít terrible and like I said, that 21.6 points per game is still above average and should definitely be enough to keep a high powered offense in games.

However, like I said the offense put up 19.5 points per game in those same 10 games which would be amongst the worst 1/4 in the league. The point per game average they put up in those other six games was 36.0 points per game. Thatís a huge difference. Nearly a 17 point difference for the offense and a 5 point difference for the defense.
    So to recap this for anyone that doesnít like reading paragraphs

*Dallas scoring offense in 6 games against 5-11 or worse teams: 36.0 points per game

*Dallas scoring offense against 6-10 or better teams: 19.5 points per game

That is a 16.5 point per game difference

*Dallas defense in 6 games against 5-11 or worse teams: 16.5 points per game

*Dallas defense in 10 games against 6-10 or better teams: 21.6 points per game

That is a 5.1 point per game difference

Your baby can't do this

NFCE 2020 Season Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Iíll tell you who needs sports back .. sports radio . Lol .. my god do they need it back . I listened to Anthony Gaurdano rank NFL teams since 2000 . Right away he put the Eagles at #2 . Iím in my car so Iím just listening but Iím thinking that seems high . Big Red was the beast of the East and they do have a ring to add now but Iím like .. I donít know . So his people start reading winning seasons , playoff births , SB appearances and rings .. and Gaurgano just kept saying OMG .. OMG .. OMG ... when I got out of the car they slipped to 7th [emoji23][emoji23]
    Where did the cowboys rank? Imma guess bottom 1/3 of the league?

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    So they were still very average on defense and they finished 8-8. If their defense had played up to the hype and finished in the top 10 like their offense did itís conceivable that they would have won 2 more games which would have won them the NFC East.
    I don't know how you can look at those numbers and claim that Dak did enough to win but the defense is the reason they lost.

I mean, sure, if the defense shut out every opponent the Cowboys would have gone 16-0.

The defense certainly did a good job in the losses against the Eagles, Patriots, and Saints, holding those teams to 17, 13, and 12 points respectively. Dak in those three games threw 0 TDs, 2 Ints for a passer rating of around 70.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I don't know how you can look at those numbers and claim that Dak did enough to win but the defense is the reason they lost.

I mean, sure, if the defense shut out every opponent the Cowboys would have gone 16-0.

The defense certainly did a good job in the losses against the Eagles, Patriots, and Saints, holding those teams to 17, 13, and 12 points respectively. Dak in those three games threw 0 TDs, 2 Ints for a passer rating of around 70.
    It just seems like dak and the offense gets little to no blame at all whereas the defense gets a good majority of blame and I donít think either are justified.

Your baby can't do this

Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2767757677