Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

NFL Players opting out of season

Running list by team:

Patriots: Marcus Cannon OT, Danny Vitale FB, Najee Toran C/G, Dont'a Hightower LB, Brandon Bolden RB, Patrick Chung S
    Cowboys: Maurice Canady CB
    WFT: Caleb Brantley DL
    Seahawks: Chance Warmack G
    Ravens: De'Anthony Thomas WR, Andre Smith OT
    Chiefs: Laurent Duvernay-Tardif G, Damien Williams RB
    Broncos: Kyle Peko DT
    Texans: Eddie Vanderdoes DT
    Bears: Eddie Goldman DT
    Bills: Star Lotulelei DT
    Eagles: Marquise Goodwin WR
    Vikings: Michael Pierce DT
    Packers: Devin Funchess WR
    Giants: Nate Solder OT
    Jets: CJ Mosley LB

If you see any throughout the day feel free to post and Iíll update this main index when I have time.
    Last edited by warfelg; 08-01-2020 at 04:46 PM.

LOL. Pats players see a sinking ship without Brady. That makes their decision easier.

Are all of these players going the similar route of Duvernay-Tardif? Where they will receive a stipend and not their entire salary? Or, are they just opting not to play? Not exactly sure what the rights of the players are in this situation. Do they collect all of it?

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    Are all of these players going the similar route of Duvernay-Tardif? Where they will receive a stipend and not their entire salary? Or, are they just opting not to play? Not exactly sure what the rights of the players are in this situation. Do they collect all of it?
    If they have a medical condition they get $350,000 and an accrued year.

If they donít they get $150,000 advance off next years salary and their contract is pushed back a year.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    If they have a medical condition they get $350,000 and an accrued year.

If they donít they get $150,000 advance off next years salary and their contract is pushed back a year.
    Are those figures the same for every player? I'd assume vets would receive x amount and individuals say on their first or second contract would receive a different amount?

Eddie Goldman opted out, Bears DT

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by slats7 View Post
    LOL. Pats players see a sinking ship without Brady. That makes their decision easier.
    With Cannon opting out, Cam has to be regretting his decision to go to the Pats. This might be one of his worst OLs yet.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    Are those figures the same for every player? I'd assume vets would receive x amount and individuals say on their first or second contract would receive a different amount?
    I believe itís the same.

With what is going on with the Marlins, and the MLB, I believe you are going to see more and more players opt out. Nobody on the Lions has done so yet but I feel it's only a matter of time.

The media is going to be focusing on professional sports more than ever so the more positive cases that pop up, the more they are going to cover it. Then, you will have players (David Price) post online about how the MLB doesn't care about player safety. Controlling the media's and player's narrative is going to be extremely difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    With Cannon opting out, Cam has to be regretting his decision to go to the Pats. This might be one of his worst OLs yet.
    You act like he had any other choices lol

Marquise Goodwin, opts out for Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I donít see that at all. Thuney is one of the better left guards. Shaq Mason is a top 10 RG. David Andrews is a very good center and returning from injury. Isaiah Wynn was a good left tackle last year, though he only played half the year. Cannon was ok at RT so itís a loss but itís hardly a trash OL.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Was thinking the same thing. Lol
    The phone finally rang and he was happy to answer it.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    He could've waited out an injury. Or at the rate things are going, he could have waited for a QB to sit out.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I donít see that at all. Thuney is one of the better left guards. Shaq Mason is a top 10 RG. David Andrews is a very good center and returning from injury. Isaiah Wynn was a good left tackle last year, though he only played half the year. Cannon was ok at RT so itís a loss but itís hardly a trash OL.
    I wasn't too impressed with the OL last year. And given the Pats have had so much success it looks like a lot of their players aren't going to care if they sit out. Mayo is older and injury prone, but that's a big loss for the defense already given the loss of LBs this off-season. I expect LG and RG to be solid, but I think the Pats do a good job of helping out their OTs.

Don't forget that their line coach retired again too

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast