Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    But we have learned that Democrats were completely hypocritical in their response to Kavanaugh allegations compared to Biden ones.
    certainly the lessons we were supposed to learn from that didn't live that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    certainly the lessons we were supposed to learn from that didn't live that long.
    What are you talking about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    What are you talking about?
    When Kav was accused the lessons were to support the accuser, not to tear them down or attack them, and to to allow the investigation to run it's course. It was horrible that Blasey-Ford got death threats for saying she was assaulted.

We didn't learn that lesson since it's now happening again to Reade.

Joe Biden accused of sexual assault

When Kav was accused the lessons were to support the accuser, not to tear them down or attack them, and to to allow the investigation to run it's course. It was horrible that Blasey-Ford got death threats for saying she was assaulted.

We didn't learn that lesson since it's now happening again to Reade.
    I really donít follow this story but I havenít seen attacks on Reade. Is she getting called a **** or something in the media?

Also what do you mean by support? Iím neutral on this bc I donít know if it happened. I think everyone should be until they feel they have good reason to believe or doubt.

Last edited by ewing; 05-16-2020 at 09:32 AM.

It's easy to get people to not believe women when the shared goal is to believe the men. We have made no progress.
    So should we blindly believe women when they accuse men of sexual assault? Or harassment? Or any crime? I absolutely think they should be given the benefit of the doubt but that doesnít mean believing them unquestioning in the face of available evidence.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

-JFK

I really donít follow this story but I havenít seen attacks on Reade. Is she getting called a **** or something in the media?

Also what do you mean by support? Iím neutral on this bc I donít know if it happened. I think everyone should be until they feel they have good reason to believe or doubt.
    I agree. I think such accusations should be kept private until they have fully played out. I also think it's disingenous that the media that was critical of people attacking Blasey-Ford's story credibility are now attacking Reade's. I'd much rather they just shut up about both stories until an investigation ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    So should we blindly believe women when they accuse men of sexual assault? Or harassment? Or any crime? I absolutely think they should be given the benefit of the doubt but that doesnít mean believing them unquestioning in the face of available evidence.
    We should let the investigation run it's course and not choose sides and tear people down in the media in the meantime.

I'm sure the Twitter crazies are attacking her.

You are right, we really have no idea what happened

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    They ought to be heard rather than believed, they just chose a poor slogan the first time around.

Joe Biden accused of sexual assault

I agree. I think such accusations should be kept private until they have fully played out. I also think it's disingenous that the media that was critical of people attacking Blasey-Ford's story credibility are now attacking Reade's. I'd much rather they just shut up about both stories until an investigation ended.
    You are passing judgement on reporters here not reporting. That is different and pointless in my opinion. If you are going pass judgement on how the story is reported you should based on the contrast between how you think it should be reported and how it is being reported. Not base on a comparison bt how this story is being reported and how an earlier story was reported.

I agree both stories should have been kept private until deemed credible. Thatís hasnít happened.

Assuming THIS story canít be kept private how should it be reported and how is the media running afoul of how you think it should be reported?

Last edited by ewing; 05-16-2020 at 11:55 AM.

Here PBSí most recent report. I wonder how people feel about itís appropriateness

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/wh...s-in-the-1990s

You are passing judgement on reporters here not reporting. That is different and pointless in my opinion. If you are going pass judgement on how the story is reported you should based on the contrast between how you think it should be reported and how it is being reported. Not base on a comparison bt how this story is being reported and how an earlier story was reported.

I agree both stories should have been kept private until deemed credible. Thatís hasnít happened.

Assuming THIS story canít be kept private how should it be reported and how is the media running afoul of how you think it should be reported?
    Once it's no longer private because we don't have an ironclad means to keep them private and assure 100% of claims are investigated ... I think the fact of it should be reported. I don't think opinions should be. And I don't think the media should "investigate" the claims.

Once it's no longer private because we don't have an ironclad means to keep them private and assure 100% of claims are investigated ... I think the fact of it should be reported. I don't think opinions should be. And I don't think the media should "investigate" the claims.
    Which is great in a world where everyone does the right thing, we dont live there. The flip side of that is that claims get squashed by anyone with any power or influence.

how is what has been out about Biden not been credible? how many people does it take that Tara Reade told at the time before it's credible?

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    how is what has been out about Biden not been credible? how many people does it take that Tara Reade told at the time before it's credible?
    I told 5 people last night that I was sexually harassed. In ten years, I'm going to accuse you of sexually assaulting me. Why did you sexually assault me?