Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 41 of 41
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,966
    I'd be pretty surprised if the Eagles pick anything aside from a WR in the 1st round. And if they don't, it's likely because there was a huge WR run before they were on the clock and they look to trade back or take a DE.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,280
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    I'd be pretty surprised if the Eagles pick anything aside from a WR in the 1st round. And if they don't, it's likely because there was a huge WR run before they were on the clock and they look to trade back or take a DE.
    Agreed. I think eagles might actually trade up a little to grab one of those top 3 guys (depending on how far they fall)

    Your baby can't do this

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    58,629
    Strange guy feeling, can’t explain it, but I think they are going to stay put and get Jeudy.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    86,816
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Strange guy feeling, can’t explain it, but I think they are going to stay put and get Jeudy.
    You’re such a strange guy.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    58,629
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    You’re such a strange guy.
    ****ing fat fingers. Too much typing working from home.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,751
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    A few Broncos fans have said the same thing to me and I tell them what I'm about to tell you.

    Just because the class is deep at the wide receiver position doesn't mean that you should wait until the second round. The Broncos pick 46 in the second round and the Eagles pick 53. You can't guarantee that there isn't a run on wide receivers at the end of the first round or early in the second round. So if there's a receiver on the board in the first round that you like, take him. Because there's a good chance that the position group is thinned out by the time you pick again... Especially because the second round is where teams traditionally start focusing more at bpa rather than a position of need.
    You are right that just because the class is deep doesn’t mean you should wait. However because it is deep also means that you shouldn’t reach for a WR in the 1st. You shouldn’t take a WR if there are better players still on the board that can also help your team.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    23,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    You are right that just because the class is deep doesn’t mean you should wait. However because it is deep also means that you shouldn’t reach for a WR in the 1st. You shouldn’t take a WR if there are better players still on the board that can also help your team.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Chances are one of the WRs that are there at 21 are close to BPA if not the BPA. One of Juedy, Lamb, Ruggs, Mims, or Jefferson should be there. I think all are worthy of that pick. I'm not sure what other guys the Eagles would have interest in there other than Henderson/Fulton.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,751
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Chances are one of the WRs that are there at 21 are close to BPA if not the BPA. One of Juedy, Lamb, Ruggs, Mims, or Jefferson should be there. I think all are worthy of that pick. I'm not sure what other guys the Eagles would have interest in there other than Henderson/Fulton.
    If Henderson is there at 21 you might have to take him. He will likely be gone by 21 though, hell he might be taken by the Cowboys at 17. You’re right though anyone of those WR would be worthy of 21.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    23,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    If Henderson is there at 21 you might have to take him. He will likely be gone by 21 though, hell he might be taken by the Cowboys at 17. You’re right though anyone of those WR would be worthy of 21.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Generally, it should be BPA all the way. This year it is different for the Eagles though. They have such a glaring hole at WR that they basically have to take WR early. I think they didn't address WR at all in FA because they know there will be a guy they like at 21. Not exactly the best strategy but it is better than last year.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,800
    The Eagles IMO should trade for a young receiver AND draft one at 21. Its difficult to expect two rookie receivers to have an impact even with this deep class.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    16,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    I mean he got 159 tackles, 87 solo out of a rookie Kiko Alonso.

    Alonso finished with the third most tackles among all players in 2013, behind Vontaze Burfict and Paul Posluszny. Alonso was the only defensive player nominated for PFWA Rookie of the Year in 2013. On January 14, 2014, Alonso was named PFWA Defensive Rookie of the Year. Alonso was also named to the NFL's All-Under-25 Team for 2014.


    Seems like he's pretty good with LBs.
    I remember rumors that Schwartz considered Alonso dumb as a brick. He couldn't get rid of him fast enough when he became Eagles DC in 2016.

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Hicks was great at first but even his play seemed to fall off then rebound a bit last year in Arizona. I'm convinced that Jim Schwartz's scheme is not conducive to making LBs or CBs look good. At least to an extent. Would not surprise me to see half the guys that suck with the Eagles go on to be decent with other teams.
    CBs, no. LBs and S, yes. They have to clean up whatever gaps are left behind by the DL. But the coverages he runs are pretty simple.

    Schwartz has always prioritized the DL, so if there's the impression that CBs can't succeed in his system, it's more because the CBs usually aren't that good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    The Eagles IMO should trade for a young receiver AND draft one at 21. Its difficult to expect two rookie receivers to have an impact even with this deep class.
    I'd be fine with just one rookie receiver. There are still Ertz and Goedert. Wentz is supposed to be a franchise QB, so he's not supposed to require a loaded WR corps.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •