Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    The Eagles like Maddox or Jones to win the CB2 opposite Slay. Jones can't seem to stay on the field. He is always hurt. I think the Eagles are ready to move on from both Rasul Douglas and Sidney Jones.
    Jones will probably be back in a reserve role on the outside. Douglas on the other hand will not. Douglas is not a fit in the Eagles scheme with as much Cover-3 as they like to play. Douglas entered the NFL in the wrong era because he would be a perfect corner in a Tampa-2 system.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Iím not sure Schwartz even knows what a linebacker is
    I mean he got 159 tackles, 87 solo out of a rookie Kiko Alonso.

Alonso finished with the third most tackles among all players in 2013, behind Vontaze Burfict and Paul Posluszny. Alonso was the only defensive player nominated for PFWA Rookie of the Year in 2013. On January 14, 2014, Alonso was named PFWA Defensive Rookie of the Year. Alonso was also named to the NFL's All-Under-25 Team for 2014.

Seems like he's pretty good with LBs.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    I mean he got 159 tackles, 87 solo out of a rookie Kiko Alonso.

Alonso finished with the third most tackles among all players in 2013, behind Vontaze Burfict and Paul Posluszny. Alonso was the only defensive player nominated for PFWA Rookie of the Year in 2013. On January 14, 2014, Alonso was named PFWA Defensive Rookie of the Year. Alonso was also named to the NFL's All-Under-25 Team for 2014.

Seems like he's pretty good with LBs.
    So one guy 7 years ago? Decent track record

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Eagles fans get this through your head, Maddox barring injury will be the starter opposite Slay when the Eagles take the field week 1. Schwartz loves Maddox.
    I don't disagree that he will start outside but that doesn't mean that he is better suited playing outside than in the slot.

So one guy 7 years ago? Decent track record
    Bradham was pretty good under Schwartz but not so good under other DCs. Schwartz certainly does not value LB but he also has a very particular type.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Bradham was pretty good under Schwartz but not so good under other DCs. Schwartz certainly does not value LB but he also has a very particular type.
    True that true that. I guess Jordan hicks can also be another. Those fast, smaller type linebackers that can also cover are probably his favorite type

Your baby can't do this

I guess we'll find out.

True that true that. I guess Jordan hicks can also be another. Those fast, smaller type linebackers that can also cover are probably his favorite type
    Hicks was great at first but even his play seemed to fall off then rebound a bit last year in Arizona. I'm convinced that Jim Schwartz's scheme is not conducive to making LBs or CBs look good. At least to an extent. Would not surprise me to see half the guys that suck with the Eagles go on to be decent with other teams.

Good signing by the Eagles. This helps them focus on best player available in the draft instead of having to teach on a player because he fills a need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Good signing by the Eagles. This helps them focus on best player available in the draft instead of having to teach on a player because he fills a need.

More like best WR available.

More like best WR available.
    Donít be shocked if they donít take a WR first. This class is deep and a quality WR can be had in the 2nd and 3 rounds. If a stud defensive player slides I could see the Eagles picking that player over a WR.

Donít be shocked if they donít take a WR first. This class is deep and a quality WR can be had in the 2nd and 3 rounds. If a stud defensive player slides I could see the Eagles picking that player over a WR.

I'd be surprised if they don't do something big for a WR in the first. They need to go get Cason HIS guy to grow with over the next 8-10 years.

A few Broncos fans have said the same thing to me and I tell them what I'm about to tell you.

Just because the class is deep at the wide receiver position doesn't mean that you should wait until the second round. The Broncos pick 46 in the second round and the Eagles pick 53. You can't guarantee that there isn't a run on wide receivers at the end of the first round or early in the second round. So if there's a receiver on the board in the first round that you like, take him. Because there's a good chance that the position group is thinned out by the time you pick again... Especially because the second round is where teams traditionally start focusing more at bpa rather than a position of need.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    A few Broncos fans have said the same thing to me and I tell them what I'm about to tell you.

Just because the class is deep at the wide receiver position doesn't mean that you should wait until the second round. The Broncos pick 46 in the second round and the Eagles pick 53. You can't guarantee that there isn't a run on wide receivers at the end of the first round or early in the second round. So if there's a receiver on the board in the first round that you like, take him. Because there's a good chance that the position group is thinned out by the time you pick again... Especially because the second round is where teams traditionally start focusing more at bpa rather than a position of need.
    Thatís what I think too, because itís a ďgreat draftĒ for WRs Iíd assume that thereís gonna be a big run on WRs at some point early in the draft. Hell, some mock drafts have 6+ WRs taken in the first round, Iím not sure Broncos or eagles wanna wait 15-20 picks after the 1st round when 6 or 7 are taken in the first round.

Your baby can't do this

Thatís what I think too, because itís a ďgreat draftĒ for WRs Iíd assume that thereís gonna be a big run on WRs at some point early in the draft. Hell, some mock drafts have 6+ WRs taken in the first round, Iím not sure Broncos or eagles wanna wait 15-20 picks after the 1st round when 6 or 7 are taken in the first round.
    Yeah people assume that because the class is deep, that means good players will fall... But that rarely happens. When a position is deep, it just means more teams draft at that position.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast