Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 41
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    The Eagles like Maddox or Jones to win the CB2 opposite Slay. Jones can't seem to stay on the field. He is always hurt. I think the Eagles are ready to move on from both Rasul Douglas and Sidney Jones.
    Jones will probably be back in a reserve role on the outside. Douglas on the other hand will not. Douglas is not a fit in the Eagles scheme with as much Cover-3 as they like to play. Douglas entered the NFL in the wrong era because he would be a perfect corner in a Tampa-2 system.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,301
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Iím not sure Schwartz even knows what a linebacker is
    I mean he got 159 tackles, 87 solo out of a rookie Kiko Alonso.

    Alonso finished with the third most tackles among all players in 2013, behind Vontaze Burfict and Paul Posluszny. Alonso was the only defensive player nominated for PFWA Rookie of the Year in 2013. On January 14, 2014, Alonso was named PFWA Defensive Rookie of the Year. Alonso was also named to the NFL's All-Under-25 Team for 2014.


    Seems like he's pretty good with LBs.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate



    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    I mean he got 159 tackles, 87 solo out of a rookie Kiko Alonso.

    Alonso finished with the third most tackles among all players in 2013, behind Vontaze Burfict and Paul Posluszny. Alonso was the only defensive player nominated for PFWA Rookie of the Year in 2013. On January 14, 2014, Alonso was named PFWA Defensive Rookie of the Year. Alonso was also named to the NFL's All-Under-25 Team for 2014.


    Seems like he's pretty good with LBs.
    So one guy 7 years ago? Decent track record

    Your baby can't do this

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    23,533
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Eagles fans get this through your head, Maddox barring injury will be the starter opposite Slay when the Eagles take the field week 1. Schwartz loves Maddox.
    I don't disagree that he will start outside but that doesn't mean that he is better suited playing outside than in the slot.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    23,533
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    So one guy 7 years ago? Decent track record
    Bradham was pretty good under Schwartz but not so good under other DCs. Schwartz certainly does not value LB but he also has a very particular type.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,281
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Bradham was pretty good under Schwartz but not so good under other DCs. Schwartz certainly does not value LB but he also has a very particular type.
    True that true that. I guess Jordan hicks can also be another. Those fast, smaller type linebackers that can also cover are probably his favorite type

    Your baby can't do this

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,966
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Bradham was pretty good under Schwartz but not so good under other DCs. Schwartz certainly does not value LB but he also has a very particular type.
    I guess we'll find out.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    23,533
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    True that true that. I guess Jordan hicks can also be another. Those fast, smaller type linebackers that can also cover are probably his favorite type
    Hicks was great at first but even his play seemed to fall off then rebound a bit last year in Arizona. I'm convinced that Jim Schwartz's scheme is not conducive to making LBs or CBs look good. At least to an extent. Would not surprise me to see half the guys that suck with the Eagles go on to be decent with other teams.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,751
    Good signing by the Eagles. This helps them focus on best player available in the draft instead of having to teach on a player because he fills a need.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    23,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Good signing by the Eagles. This helps them focus on best player available in the draft instead of having to teach on a player because he fills a need.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    More like best WR available.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,751
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    More like best WR available.
    Donít be shocked if they donít take a WR first. This class is deep and a quality WR can be had in the 2nd and 3 rounds. If a stud defensive player slides I could see the Eagles picking that player over a WR.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    86,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Donít be shocked if they donít take a WR first. This class is deep and a quality WR can be had in the 2nd and 3 rounds. If a stud defensive player slides I could see the Eagles picking that player over a WR.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'd be surprised if they don't do something big for a WR in the first. They need to go get Cason HIS guy to grow with over the next 8-10 years.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    20,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Donít be shocked if they donít take a WR first. This class is deep and a quality WR can be had in the 2nd and 3 rounds. If a stud defensive player slides I could see the Eagles picking that player over a WR.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A few Broncos fans have said the same thing to me and I tell them what I'm about to tell you.

    Just because the class is deep at the wide receiver position doesn't mean that you should wait until the second round. The Broncos pick 46 in the second round and the Eagles pick 53. You can't guarantee that there isn't a run on wide receivers at the end of the first round or early in the second round. So if there's a receiver on the board in the first round that you like, take him. Because there's a good chance that the position group is thinned out by the time you pick again... Especially because the second round is where teams traditionally start focusing more at bpa rather than a position of need.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,281
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    A few Broncos fans have said the same thing to me and I tell them what I'm about to tell you.

    Just because the class is deep at the wide receiver position doesn't mean that you should wait until the second round. The Broncos pick 46 in the second round and the Eagles pick 53. You can't guarantee that there isn't a run on wide receivers at the end of the first round or early in the second round. So if there's a receiver on the board in the first round that you like, take him. Because there's a good chance that the position group is thinned out by the time you pick again... Especially because the second round is where teams traditionally start focusing more at bpa rather than a position of need.
    Thatís what I think too, because itís a ďgreat draftĒ for WRs Iíd assume that thereís gonna be a big run on WRs at some point early in the draft. Hell, some mock drafts have 6+ WRs taken in the first round, Iím not sure Broncos or eagles wanna wait 15-20 picks after the 1st round when 6 or 7 are taken in the first round.

    Your baby can't do this

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    20,196
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Thatís what I think too, because itís a ďgreat draftĒ for WRs Iíd assume that thereís gonna be a big run on WRs at some point early in the draft. Hell, some mock drafts have 6+ WRs taken in the first round, Iím not sure Broncos or eagles wanna wait 15-20 picks after the 1st round when 6 or 7 are taken in the first round.
    Yeah people assume that because the class is deep, that means good players will fall... But that rarely happens. When a position is deep, it just means more teams draft at that position.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •