Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    The dude is extremely smart engineering grad from Wisconsin. Has already designed some apps in his spare time. There seems to be life after football for guys that have interests outside of athletics. I bet he cant wait to drop 75 to 90 lbs either. A guy as smart as him knows that the extra weight takes years off his life. Funny how so many former lineman look like regular framed guys within a year of retiring. See Joe Thomas of the Browns

https://twitter.com/Hawk/status/1107...294159877?s=20
    Jordan Gross is also someone who you wouldn't recognize anymore.

Frederick probably only played this season just to prove that he could after losing 2018 to Guillain-Barre syndrome, so he can at least walk away on his terms, and on the heels of a Pro Bowl season.

Travis Frederick Retires

I wouldn’t be surprised if Jason kelce also soon retires, maybe not this offseason but in the next year or two. Frederick retiring is more shocking, but kelce has been flirting with the idea of retiring for years. That’s two of the best centers in the league right there

Your baby can't do this

The dude is extremely smart engineering grad from Wisconsin. Has already designed some apps in his spare time. There seems to be life after football for guys that have interests outside of athletics. I bet he cant wait to drop 75 to 90 lbs either. A guy as smart as him knows that the extra weight takes years off his life. Funny how so many former lineman look like regular framed guys within a year of retiring. See Joe Thomas of the Browns

I think that last peice is a huge part of it. For some guys, staying up in the 300 lbs range isn't too tough. But for alot of those guys, it's a battle to stay that high and they really do actively have to try to eat enough to stay that high. I think when these guys get to take some time, not have their bodies beat to hell and can lose a little bit of weight, their bodies feel a million times better. And if you have opportunities or interests off the field, its probably eye opening how much better your life seems.

I know you hear some stories, especially from some of the older time players, where guys really struggle with the transition. They struggle not having the structure of football and training for football. And I'm sure alot of them still have that. But you're also hearing more and more stories about guys who aren't struggling with the transitions, so I wonder if it snowballs a little and guys aren't as afraid to hang it up a little early, especially guys who play very physical positions or guys who have an extensive injury history.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if Jason kelce also soon retires, maybe not this offseason but in the next year or two. Frederick retiring is more shocking, but kelce has been flirting with the idea of retiring for years. That’s two of the best centers in the league right there
    Jason Peters could be out soon too for you guys. For the Cowboys I think Tyron has 1 more year left in Dallas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travis Frederick Retires

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Jason Peters could be out soon too for you guys. For the Cowboys I think Tyron has 1 more year left in Dallas.

Jason Peters is already out. He’s a free agent and it doesn’t look like he will be back unless he switches positions (unlikely) or he takes a team friendly deal (also unlikely). The eagles want to move on with Andre Dillard. Nothing at all against Peters but he’s just old, has had major injury concerns, and they have a young talented LT waiting to start

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post

It's likely Peters doesn't return. I would love to see him on a team friendly deal and moved to guard for a few seasons, but I think he's good as gone.

After we win it all again this year I imagine Kelce will retire.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    It's likely Peters doesn't return. I would love to see him on a team friendly deal and moved to guard for a few seasons, but I think he's good as gone.

After we win it all again this year I imagine Kelce will retire.
    So you expect Kelce to be playing for a while then I see.

This is the reason why "too intelligent" is a red flag for NFL talent evaluators. It's absurd but these players retire too early.

Also for a lineman to maintain his playing weight they have to eat way more than what even a food lover would consume. So retired lineman simply lose weight by not going through this ordeal anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    The last time Kelce flirted with retirement, he was going into the last year of his contract. He got an extension. I would be surprised if he retired in his prime. If he had a drop-off in performance due to circumstances out of his control like Fredrick, then it would be much less surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    This is the reason why "too intelligent" is a red flag for NFL talent evaluators. It's absurd but these players retire too early.

Also for a lineman to maintain his playing weight they have to eat way more than what even a food lover would consume. So retired lineman simply lose weight by not going through this ordeal anymore.

The last time Kelce flirted with retirement, he was going into the last year of his contract. He got an extension. I would be surprised if he retired in his prime. If he had a drop-off in performance due to circumstances out of his control like Fredrick, then it would be much less surprising.
    I get why it's determined a red flag, but it shouldn't matter all that much. Frederick was a little earlier than most but if you told someone before the draft that you were going to get gronk, Calvin Johnson ect caliber play but they were going to retire by 30, you'd take that every time. Frederick had a somewhat unique circumstance in being diagnosed with a rare disease, but even if you told someone you'll get 6 season out of this dude with 5 pro bowls and 1 all pro and he doesn't miss a game for 6 seasons, it's hard to be too disappointed. When you're drafting a guy, you shouldnt be super concerned with much beyond their rookie or 2nd contract.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I get why it's determined a red flag, but it shouldn't matter all that much. Frederick was a little earlier than most but if you told someone before the draft that you were going to get gronk, Calvin Johnson ect caliber play but they were going to retire by 30, you'd take that every time. Frederick had a somewhat unique circumstance in being diagnosed with a rare disease, but even if you told someone you'll get 6 season out of this dude with 5 pro bowls and 1 all pro and he doesn't miss a game for 6 seasons, it's hard to be too disappointed. When you're drafting a guy, you shouldnt be super concerned with much beyond their rookie or 2nd contract.
    I think if he never got that disease, he doesn’t miss the year, doesn’t start to think of life without football, sticks around longer.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I think if he never got that disease, he doesn’t miss the year, doesn’t start to think of life without football, sticks around longer.
    ...continues to be second fiddle to the real beard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12