Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    So much more goes into Def rating especially team play. We've dwelled enough on that but also there are other outlining things that also can help teams with def rating, like pace, offensive sets, TO's etc......

He is a good defensive player no denying it but the way some in here judge him we should easily get a lottery pick for him without hesitation.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    So much more goes into Def rating especially team play. We've dwelled enough on that but also there are other outlining things that also can help teams with def rating, like pace, offensive sets, TO's etc......

He is a good defensive player no denying it but the way some in here judge him we should easily get a lottery pick for him without hesitation.
    no defensive player is worth a lotto pick. Prime Bowen wouldn't fetch a lotto pick. But Frank helps teams win and if the offense keeps coming around he could be damn good.

Stilla wants to trade Frank so bad lol

Talking about he couldn’t net a 2nd last year now they’re reporting he could potentially help get you a lotto pick.

Personally I’m keeping Frank

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Stilla wants to trade Frank so bad lol

Talking about he couldn’t net a 2nd last year now they’re reporting he could potentially help get you a lotto pick.

Personally I’m keeping Frank
    It wasn't me, it was the reports, why you blaming me for simply posting what the rumors were? It was for a late first or early second.

And they are not reporting he can net you a lotto pick go back and read it again, it is Frank and our Clippers pick for a lotto pick?

And just for the record that is a rumor just like last years rumor, can you separate the two? rhetorical !

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    no defensive player is worth a lotto pick. Prime Bowen wouldn't fetch a lotto pick. But Frank helps teams win and if the offense keeps coming around he could be damn good.
    exactly, and every single NBA player with an if can be damn good. I did say around here lol, didn't state it as a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    It wasn't me, it was the reports, why you blaming me for simply posting what the rumors were? It was for a late first or early second.

And they are not reporting he can net you a lotto pick go back and read it again, it is Frank and our Clippers pick for a lotto pick?

And just for the record that is a rumor just like last years rumor, can you separate the two? rhetorical !
    Haha ok, I’ll pretend you weren’t saying Knicks should/would be trading Frank for a 2nd last year and he wouldn’t be on the roster this past season etc. etc.

We’re all knicks fans and part of the same fam and I got love for you all but you absolutely talk out of both sides of your mouth on Frank. You “like” Frank but at the same time always bring up trading him/dumping him. It’s fine you think he’s a wing not a PG, and also not really a keeper. Other than saying you “like” him you mostly do not seem to be a fan of his game/what he brings to the table. It’s sort of in almost every one of your posts on him so it is what it is.

I get they’re just reports. But if Frank allows you to move up 12-15 picks (which I’m not saying I outright believe to be the case), then his value around the league is higher than what you and others have perceived it to be.

Personally I’d try to keep him and if needed use a different asset to move up in the draft (if needed).

Way to soon to give up on Knox. Obviously isn’t doing well but he’s 20. Gotta give him time.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Way to soon to give up on Knox. Obviously isn’t doing well but he’s 20. Gotta give him time.
    I’m also on the keep Knox train

15 part series - Analyzing Present-Future of each Knick- Mark Hale, Marc Berman

Haha ok, I’ll pretend you weren’t saying Knicks should/would be trading Frank for a 2nd last year and he wouldn’t be on the roster this past season etc. etc.

We’re all knicks fans and part of the same fam and I got love for you all but you absolutely talk out of both sides of your mouth on Frank. You “like” Frank but at the same time always bring up trading him/dumping him. It’s fine you think he’s a wing not a PG, and also not really a keeper. Other than saying you “like” him you mostly do not seem to be a fan of his game/what he brings to the table. It’s sort of in almost every one of your posts on him so it is what it is.

I get they’re just reports. But if Frank allows you to move up 12-15 picks (which I’m not saying I outright believe to be the case), then his value around the league is higher than what you and others have perceived it to be.

Personally I’d try to keep him and if needed use a different asset to move up in the draft (if needed).
    I would trade him to move up in the draft in a heartbeat. I also doubt it will be an option. I know I have lesser opinion of him then you. I think Mo Harkless is a better forward version of him. Maybe he gets better then Mo maybe not but I don’t think he gets that’s much better. He has some value but I don’t see this rare bird some of you see.

I honestly think to have the kind of impact some fans project him having his offensive growth would have to be massive. It was very minimal over 3 years so I doubt it will be huge the next couple. All that makes me think he is very replaceable role player. If he stays he stays if he goes he goes but he is not someone I would plan around. if I have chance to get a guy that might be a player you plan around using him I definitely say good bye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 04-01-2020 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I would trade him to move up in the draft in a heartbeat. I also doubt it will be an option. I know I have lesser opinion of him then you. I think Mo Harkless is a better forward version of him. Maybe he gets better then Mo maybe not but I don’t think he gets that’s much better. He has some value but I don’t see this rare bird some of you see.

If Harkless had PG handles, a higher IQ and a jumpshot he'd be a helluva player TBH.

I mean he got a 4/44m contract without any of those things and yet some here have said Frank would have to take vet min if he wanted to come back here.

I mean he's still saying "no way" knicks pick up his 8m QO so this is his last season here coming up, as if it's a foregone conclusion, and maybe he can stick around if he takes vet min, or maybe he goes overseas?...lol. but yes, he "likes" Frank. that's what I tell stilla, appreciate the posts here we're all a family really, but own your opinions.

Not only is there a possibility that the Knicks pick up the $8m QO, I think there's a decent chance they extend him for slightly more per year.

15 part series - Analyzing Present-Future of each Knick- Mark Hale, Marc Berman

If Harkless had PG handles, a higher IQ and a jumpshot he'd be a helluva player TBH.

I mean he got a 4/44m contract without any of those things and yet some here have said Frank would have to take vet min if he wanted to come back here.
    If Frank had those things he be a hell of a player too. Imagine Mitch could shoot like KP. In reality:

Hawkless is a high IQ player. Neither guy handles like a PG though Frank can handle a little and neither is a very good shooter though Harkless a little is better. Neither is a guy you build around imo. If he stay he stays. If he goes he goes and if he could get us in the lottery I’d let him go. If someone wanted to give him the contract Mo got again I’d let him go.

Last edited by ewing; 04-01-2020 at 07:24 AM.

If Frank had those things he be a hell of a player too. Imagine Mitch could shoot like KP. In reality:

Hawkless is a high IQ player. Neither guy handles like a PG though Frank can handle a little and neither is a very good shooter though Harkless a little is better. Neither is a guy you build around imo. If he stay he stays. If he goes he goes and if he could get us in the lottery I’d let him go. If someone wanted to give him the contract Mo got again I’d let him go.

only thing missing for Frank is the jumper and it's coming around.

You're too focused on NOW and we are a rebuilding team, NOW shouldn't be the priority. and obviously Mitch hasn't shown ANY hope for a shot like KP, he's never even taken a jumper.

Moe will be 27 next month and has 8 seasons under his belt, he is what he is and i don't view him as particularly a high IQ guy, he has great physical tools but the rest of his game is lacking. but Frank has hope to take that next step. Frank has played PG for 3 years including the youngest starting PG in the FIBA tourney so I think most agree he can handle better then just a "little". His handles have improved quite a bit, he might not have the attacking/scoring mindset of a modern PG but he definitely has PG handles. Moe also can't pass like Frank.

so again you take Moe who is a decent role player, good enough to start for a contending team like POR & LAC, you take him and you give him PG handles, passing ability and a jumper and you're telling me he wouldn't be a helluva player?

And you're telling me Frank is so far away from being a good shooter?
    Last edited by nycericanguy; 04-01-2020 at 07:33 AM.

I mean he's still saying "no way" knicks pick up his 8m QO so this is his last season here coming up, as if it's a foregone conclusion, and maybe he can stick around if he takes vet min, or maybe he goes overseas?...lol. but yes, he "likes" Frank. that's what I tell stilla, appreciate the posts here we're all a family really, but own your opinions.

Not only is there a possibility that the Knicks pick up the $8m QO, I think there's a decent chance they extend him for slightly more per year.
    I think the most likely out comes for Frank is he plays well enough to earn the QO or the Knicks let him walk.

I think the most likely out comes for Frank is he plays well enough to earn the QO or the Knicks let him walk.

if he plays well to earn the QO I think he'd get extended or resigned to a long term contract, re-signing him for 1 year and then losing his rights would be kind of pointless, teams don't generally do that with young guys.
    Last edited by nycericanguy; 04-01-2020 at 07:33 AM.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast