Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Remember Dotson is a Phil Jackson guy. Bullock is a Scott Perry guy. Not sure if Dotson is looking for more money but I find it kind of strange...with the season the cusp of being canceled, why doesn't Rose 86 Perry before he does more damage. There's absolutely no reason why Bullock is re-signed. Knicks have seen enough of this guy to know, he's sucking valuable playing time that could go to the younger guys. We ALL have seen Bullock play, this is his ceiling before he hits 30. Knox and Dotson barely get consistent minutes. Both are likely to go elsewhere. Sadly.

you have to chuckle, there are times I read post save cap for what? Now we are saying save cap and let Bullock go with his 4.2m on the cap? That's actually dumb, why?

Who has more value to contending teams come the trade deadline, Dotson at 2m or Bullock at 4.2m?

Three teams interested in Dotson, this really needs to not be taken as a Postive all the time, just like when teams were interested in Frank yet he remained a Knicks, and some posters took that as see Knicks like and want to keep him?
    How about the value teams fill he's worth is garbage? So three teams interested in Dotson, you think this is a bidding war?

Knicks can match any offer any team gives Dotson, if it's a ridiculous offer you say good luck and thank you, the QO is for 2.03m, does anyone think any team offers him more the bi annual?

Teams need to fill out rosters and unlike the KNicks don't have cap to do it so they become interested in end of the bench players like Dotson, makes sense, they aren't interested in him because he's a huge game changer.

Knicks have been dumb, but losing a player that will have a full season after the injury under his belt and still was being touted as one of our best defenders will have value to contending teams, so yes for a whopping 4.2m minus the ghost he takes up roughly 3.4m of cap, big deal, save the asset.

Lastly if teams are truly interested in Dotson we could also try a sign and trade, then see how interested they really are.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    you have to chuckle, there are times I read post save cap for what? Now we are saying save cap and let Bullock go with his 4.2m on the cap? That's actually dumb, why?

Who has more value to contending teams come the trade deadline, Dotson at 2m or Bullock at 4.2m?

Three teams interested in Dotson, this really needs to not be taken as a Postive all the time, just like when teams were interested in Frank yet he remained a Knicks, and some posters took that as see Knicks like and want to keep him?
    How about the value teams fill he's worth is garbage? So three teams interested in Dotson, you think this is a bidding war?

Knicks can match any offer any team gives Dotson, if it's a ridiculous offer you say good luck and thank you, the QO is for 2.03m, does anyone think any team offers him more the bi annual?

Teams need to fill out rosters and unlike the KNicks don't have cap to do it so they become interested in end of the bench players like Dotson, makes sense, they aren't interested in him because he's a huge game changer.

Knicks have been dumb, but losing a player that will have a full season after the injury under his belt and still was being touted as one of our best defenders will have value to contending teams, so yes for a whopping 4.2m minus the ghost he takes up roughly 3.4m of cap, big deal, save the asset.

Lastly if teams are truly interested in Dotson we could also try a sign and trade, then see how interested they really are.
    I'm not sure why we're dumping on Dotson to justify keeping Bullock?

The only reason to keep Bullock is to trade him at some point next season or if you see him as a sort of mentor to our young players, since realistically we're not going anywhere next season. And those are fine reasons to keep him around, especially at $4.2M.

But Dotson does have value. Teams have been interested in prying him from the Knicks for two seasons and running now. It's not surprising to learn that decent organizations see an opportunity to steal a guy from us who is likely being underutilized. Hopefully we keep him and actually give him consistent minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post

It's not a big deal either way with Bullock.

I think most people would just rather see the minutes go to Dotson, Iggy and the 3 rookies we draft. And while Bullock could easily be a 10th or 11th man, we have a history of going for 25 wins above anything so it's not hard to imagine Bullock playing over our youth next year.

I liked the Reggie signing but he didn't look the same and he'll be 30 next year, rather play the youngins and as a bonus get extra cap that we may need with the cap likely going down.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    Dotson is better the bullock tho
    That’s very debatable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    I'm not sure why we're dumping on Dotson to justify keeping Bullock?

The only reason to keep Bullock is to trade him at some point next season or if you see him as a sort of mentor to our young players, since realistically we're not going anywhere next season. And those are fine reasons to keep him around, especially at $4.2M.

But Dotson does have value. Teams have been interested in prying him from the Knicks for two seasons and running now. It's not surprising to learn that decent organizations see an opportunity to steal a guy from us who is likely being underutilized. Hopefully we keep him and actually give him consistent minutes.
    Are they really looking “pry” him from us or is he a guy that wouldn’t mind having?

both should be back, because they play defense and can shoot the 3. If dotson gets paid elsewhere, its another f up of perry and mills to not trade him for something worth anything.
    `

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Are they really looking “pry” him from us or is he a guy that wouldn’t mind having?

Those things are not mutually exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Those things are not mutually exclusive.
    they mean different things. I don’t think anyone is looking pry Dotson from the Knicks. If he is available I think some teams would have him on the radar. if they don’t land him they will move on to someone else and not give it a second thought

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    Dotson is better the bullock tho
    Agreed. And younger.

I guess the Knicks are trying to continue the trend of not signing their own draft picks to a 2nd contract.

That’s very debatable

Oh god

they mean different things. I don’t think anyone is looking pry Dotson from the Knicks. If he is available I think some teams would have him on the radar. if they don’t land him they will move on to someone else and not give it a second thought

I mean I don't necessarily disagree, but this can be applied to any player who isn't a star or a good starter. Yes, if they can't trade for that particular player then they will just move on to someone else.

But Dotson has had teams interested in him since his rookie season. This isn't a fluke:

https://hoopshype.com/storyline/damyean-dotson-trade/

Bullock has nothing to do with Dotson, if Knicks truly feel Dot is part of the future don't you think they will match a offer that is around his Qo of even up to 3m? maybe more because they can move him to these same very three teams at the trade deadline, make sense?

Yes getting rid of an asset like Bullock is dumb, what if he comes back pre injury and now he may even net a late first, how do you know how he will return, he's had plenty of time now and even if season is continued I highly doubt Knicks will play the balance of games left.

So you keep both, that is the wise thing, I was previously posting about how Bullock hurts Dot, that is total BS...let Dot beat him out or at the trade deadline you move him. And I like Dot, but he also has to earn it.

If Bullock is healthy we'd be so dumb to let him walk for 4.2m, this is not even a question.

Damyean Dotson Part 4:

Part 4 of a series analyzing the New York Knicks:

When Dennis Smith Jr. got booed off the court at the Garden in late October, the lone player to go over to him on the bench was Knicks shooting guard Damyean Dotson.

Those are the type of quiet leadership gestures Dotson does that go unnoticed by a Knicks front office now two administrations removed from drafting him. That makes the 25-year-old’s future highly uncertain as he enters free agency.

Dotson did not play in eight of the last nine games, including the double-overtime potential season finale March 11 in Atlanta.

“That seemed the writing on the wall,’’ one NBA scout said of the demotion. “You’d think they’d be still trying to develop him.’’

According to NBA sources, three prominent organizations — the Jazz, Bucks and Warriors — are expected to show some interest in Dotson, who made $1.6 million this season as a “3-and-D’’ prototype.

“He’s got a great work ethic, leadership qualities and toughness,’’ former Knicks coach David Fizdale told The Post this week. “He’s extremely coachable and dedicated teammate. Totally committed to the culture with a consistently good attitude regardless of his minutes.’’

Former team president Phil Jackson picked Dotson in the second round (44th) in 2017 and was fired days later. GM Scott Perry didn’t draft Dotson nor did new president Leon Rose, the former agent who has barely seen him play since taking command March 2.

Dotson’s offseason shoulder surgery prevented him from working on his already decent 3-point shot. It was still reliable at 36.3 percent this season.

That made it all the more perplexing when he got dumped from the rotation so interim coach Mike Miller could play veterans Wayne Ellington and Reggie Bullock.

Dotson and Frank Ntilikina, the longest-tenured Knicks, achieved the best plus-minus pairing on the squad but never started a game together. When rookie RJ Barrett went down for nine games, Dotson’s minutes rose dramatically and the club went 4-5.
    Fizdale, now an ESPN analyst, said Dotson should have a nice future. Dotson’s weakness coming out of the University of Houston has been ballhandling.

“He’s a game shooter and improved his handle and as a finisher,’’ Fizdale said. “He’s a good rebounding guard, but he still has to improve defensive awareness on the weak side. Overall he’s a solid NBA player.’’

The 6-foot-6 Dotson, who’s built like a linebacker and played Texas high school football, is holed up in Houston, his hometown, amid the season’s suspension. He’s an Astros fan and wore their cap proudly in the Knicks locker room during the ALCS versus the Yankees.

“He plays with a high motor,’’ another NBA talent evaluator said. “He lacks athleticism but he’s improved as a 3-point shooter since his rookie year. He probably has more shot-creating ability than he’s shown.’’

Wayne Ellington Part 5 of a series analyzing the New York Knicks:

When the Knicks season was suspended on March 11 after their game in Atlanta, team brass had to pick one player to talk to the media in a press-conference setting because locker rooms were closed.

Shooting guard Wayne Ellington became the chosen one — viewed by the organization as the consummate pro and a gifted communicator.

It is why the Knicks decided to hold onto Ellington at the Feb. 6 trade deadline despite multiple suitors.

After the deadline, there was at least one interested team in each conference if the Knicks decided to buy out Ellington’s contract. Indeed, 3-point shooting — and high character — are a premium in the NBA.

Knicks GM Scott Perry and Ellington’s agent, Mark Bartelstein, conducted several conversations about a buyout, according to a source. At the time, Ellington said he “had a decision to make.’’

The mutual decision was to stay. Perry wanted Ellington around the young players because he was having a positive influence on them. And Ellington, who is back at his Miami-area home, was happy to be wanted.

“I’m a guy who likes to finish what he starts,’’ Ellington told The Post earlier this month. “We faced a lot of adversity and we’re still building as a team. I saw an opportunity to grow with these young guys. There’s a lot of things that went into it but I’m happy to be here to finish out the year.’’

While Ellington’s 3-point shot didn’t fall as much as everyone hoped, he added value. However, the money will make it difficult for the 32-year-old to return next season. The journeyman may be onto his 10th team in 2020-21.

With the Knicks swimming in cap space after striking out with the big free agents in July, Ellington signed a two-year, $16 million pact with the second year a team option. Only $1 million is guaranteed for 2020-21.

The Knicks will have to waive Ellington, then try to re-sign him if they want him back. It’s a possibility with all the roster openings expected, but only if the price is modest.

In and out of the rotation, Ellington shot 35 percent from 3-point range and closed strongly. He played in 36 of 66 games. The minutes he got in February and March rankled some Knicks fans wanting to see more young blood, but Ellington’s big 17-point night in Detroit on Feb. 8 keyed a fourth straight victory.

“He might be back to a minimum-salary player next season,’’ one NBA personnel man told The Post. “I think maybe he’s a lost a step and he was never too athletic to begin with. He’ll hang around a couple more years because of his shooting profile.’’

Knicks interim coach Mike Miller turned into a big fan before the season was suspended.

“He’s the first one in the gym, the last one getting extra shots,’’ Miller said late in the season. “He’s staying ready [when not playing]. He does extra conditioning. He’s the ultimate pro. He’s talking to the young guys. He’s done everything you can ask a guy to do.”

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast