Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Chinese-Americans Fear for Their Safety

Spit On, Yelled At, Attacked: Chinese-Americans Fear for Their Safety

As bigots blame them for the coronavirus and President Trump labels it the “Chinese virus,” many Chinese-Americans say they are terrified of what could come next.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/23/u...s-attacks.html

After the treatment that Muslim Americans got after 9/11 is anybody surprise this happen? Or Trump would make this virus about ethnicity.

I haven't seen any violence, but when I've had to ride the metro train in DC you can see how people look at Asian Americans (not just Chinese Americans). They will move away from them on the train and even a couple get onto a whole different train.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

I read a couple of stories of some of them being attacked. Their is a video of some dude spraying an Asian man with fabreze saying he don’t want him near him.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post

As bigots blame them for the coronavirus and President Trump labels it the “Chinese virus,” many Chinese-Americans say they are terrified of what could come next.

I can't stand Trump but he didn't "label it Chinese Virus". That's just a BS talking point picked up and pushed to divide and move blame. There are very real issues with Trump, we don't need to manufacture false ones.

How stupid.

Its funny after 911 I think most muslims just accepted racism or bigotry. We're like ****, there guys blew up the tower so now we accept we will be profiled

But looking from the outside in, it just seems so stupid. Why in the hell would anyone attack a random asian for this? the **** literally makes no sense to me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I can't stand Trump but he didn't "label it Chinese Virus". That's just a BS talking point picked up and pushed to divide and move blame. There are very real issues with Trump, we don't need to manufacture false ones.
    He has continued to call it that and even used a sharpie to cross of Corona virus and put Chinese virus on top of it to keep calling it that.

No I don't think he was the first person to do so. But he is absolutely the person with the largest microphone labeling it that. He knows that in a crisis, people are going to blame someone for the failures of our government and he's been very clear that he won't accept any blame (like a real leader). So he's going to scapegoat. And he's chosen the Chinese. And unfortunately he has a large following that has chosen to follow his example and scapegoat the Chinese. And of course, that would be bad enough if they actually knew the difference between a Chinese person and a Korean person or a Laotion person. But they can't tell the difference, which means that they are going to target Asian people. So this means that his supporters are going to be targeting a group that makes up over 20,000,000 people in this country.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    He has continued to call it that and even used a sharpie to cross of Corona virus and put Chinese virus on top of it to keep calling it that.
    So what? He's a troll. But he wasn't first to do it and it was only other people making it a thing. There are literally hundreds of clips of CNN and MSNBC calling it that before someone decided it was an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    How stupid.

Its funny after 911 I think most muslims just accepted racism or bigotry. We're like ****, there guys blew up the tower so now we accept we will be profiled

But looking from the outside in, it just seems so stupid. Why in the hell would anyone attack a random asian for this? the **** literally makes no sense to me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I think both issues were way overblown from reality, then the fear in each individual makes it seem more real. Like white people get told constantly that brown people are out to get them, even though it's not that big a problem enough fear makes it feel real, and then people react like it's real. It also causes more bad stuff to happen when crazies are looking for an outlet for their crazy.

Maybe we need to muzzle the media and the politicians and we can get better?

So what? He's a troll. But he wasn't first to do it and it was only other people making it a thing. There are literally hundreds of clips of CNN and MSNBC calling it that before someone decided it was an issue.
    Who gives a **** who was first? He’s the president of a country during a pandemic where Chinese Americans live and even after being asked about the fallout continues to call it that so 40% of people will keep doing it because they’ll back him on anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who gives a **** who was first? He’s the president of a country during a pandemic where Chinese Americans live and even after being asked about the fallout continues to call it that so 40% of people will keep doing it because they’ll back him on anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What? Why should he be held to a higher standard? He's only the president of the United States. It's not like he's someone in a position of power with a bully pulpit or anything.
    _____

welcome to how Trump supporters have felt throughout Trump's presidency and run for President.

there should be nothing controversial in identifying a virus that literally came from China, and that they covered up.

this is yet another political agenda to attack Trump.

if any people are using this to attack Chinese Americans, then that is the fault of these people.

I also see this tweet..

don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

I don't think the President, no matter how much an ***, should be held accountable for the actions of idiots who don't answer to him.

On the world charging China criminally for unleashing the virus and seeking reparations. (I have absolutely no idea on the source of this video, but it's not presented unreasonably, and I have yet to research the source)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7dT...ature=youtu.be

This idea that China has nothing to do with it is absurd. I don't think asian people should be blamed for it, only idiots will do so, but having society bend over for the least of us is just the wrong direction to me.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast