Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    https://twitter.com/kevinoconnornba/...455746048?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    If Donovan Mitchel became available...... would you trade zach lavine for him.......Maybe More????

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    If Donovan Mitchel became available...... would you trade zach lavine for him.......Maybe More????
    I donít love Mitchell. Iíd want more for Lavine

No hell no

Mitchell and Lavine are virtually the same type of player.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    Mitchell and Lavine are virtually the same type of player.
    i tend to agree...... however also figured it was a question worth asking. Cant deny we need tallent on this roster.. ... and Mitchell is a good player....

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Covid 19 Season is Suspended Bulls Discussion Thread

i tend to agree...... however also figured it was a question worth asking. Cant deny we need tallent on this roster.. ... and Mitchell is a good player....
    Mitchell barely does anything substantially better than Lavine tho and only separated a year apart .
    Not really a question worth asking lol

Iím all for a rebuild but the haul for LaVine has to be crazy. Heís young, improving, and already really good. Not to mention, his contract is a steal in todayís market. I would ask for the world for LaVine right now and ideally would like to keep him. Lauri and Wendell are the guys I would be shopping right now.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Iím all for a rebuild but the haul for LaVine has to be crazy. Heís young, improving, and already really good. Not to mention, his contract is a steal in todayís market. I would ask for the world for LaVine right now and ideally would like to keep him. Lauri and Wendell are the guys I would be shopping right now.
    I agree. The contract in itself is worth a Kingís ransom. Lauri and Wendy are easily replaceable. Not that I wouldnít trade Lavine. Iíd prolly do it for the Warriors 1st, Wiggins and try to sneak in another asset.

Of course you want the return to be great for LaVine. My concern with keeping him is that we're likely facing another rebuild and he can walk in 2 years, where he's probably going to get a max deal. If you can get multiple 1st's for him, then you have to strongly consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Of course you want the return to be great for LaVine. My concern with keeping him is that we're likely facing another rebuild and he can walk in 2 years, where he's probably going to get a max deal. If you can get multiple 1st's for him, then you have to strongly consider it.
    I donít disagree. But multiple 1sts is a haul, especially if one of those 1sts is in the top 10. Even if he wants a max deal in 2 years, the bulls donít have any big money deals or bloated contracts. Cap wise theyíre in great shape going forward. LaVine has not reached his peak and it will be interesting to see him develop with a real coach. No one is untouchable, but I wouldnít rush out to try to unload him either. Heís one of the few things Garpax got right.

We could always offer the warriors Lavine and one of Lauri/Wendy for Wiggins/Pascal/2020 1st/future 1st. They are still in win now mode. I think adding a young SG and Young PF/C would be worth losing young assets. And also saving money by switching Lavine for Wiggins contract. Weíd get a nice piece in Pascal, have 2 top 10 picks in our new GMs first draft, and still have a quality young core. Also adding Wiggins would give us a SF that we desperately lack.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    We could always offer the warriors Lavine and one of Lauri/Wendy for Wiggins/Pascal/2020 1st/future 1st. They are still in win now mode. I think adding a young SG and Young PF/C would be worth losing young assets. And also saving money by switching Lavine for Wiggins contract. Weíd get a nice piece in Pascal, have 2 top 10 picks in our new GMs first draft, and still have a quality young core. Also adding Wiggins would give us a SF that we desperately lack.
    I donít hate it but Iím not that high on it either. Isnít wig making more money than LaVine too? I like getting another top 10 pick, although I donít know much about this class. I hear it lacks star power. Not sure how deep it is. Odds are the bulls donít draft someone better than LaVine and I still think LaVine has another level he could still reach.

I guess my point is, Iím open to anything. I think keeping LaVine makes a lot of sense. If the right deal comes along though, trading him could be an avenue as well. Iíd like to see LaVine with an actual coach and supporting cast. Being coached by Boylen and the second best player being....Coby white? As a rookie.....not ideal. Iíd get assets for Lauri and/or Wendell and go from there

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    I donít hate it but Iím not that high on it either. Isnít wig making more money than LaVine too? I like getting another top 10 pick, although I donít know much about this class. I hear it lacks star power. Not sure how deep it is. Odds are the bulls donít draft someone better than LaVine and I still think LaVine has another level he could still reach.

I guess my point is, Iím open to anything. I think keeping LaVine makes a lot of sense. If the right deal comes along though, trading him could be an avenue as well. Iíd like to see LaVine with an actual coach and supporting cast. Being coached by Boylen and the second best player being....Coby white? As a rookie.....not ideal. Iíd get assets for Lauri and/or Wendell and go from there
    Yeah thatís the negative but thatís what gives the Warriors incentive to give us A lot. They save money, get the best player, and an upside big on a rookie deal. We get a high lottery pick, a young versatile role player, an athletic 3, and future picks.

The thing that wonít be so bad about Wiggins contract is, we will have mostly all young rookie contracts for the duration of it. We can easily trade away Porter, Thad and/or Sato, and I doubt we plan on bringing Dunn or Valentine back. We will have 1 big bad contract in Wiggins, a bunch of high upside young rookie contracts, and we will still have room to add FAs at pretty much any tier of the coming classes.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Yeah thatís the negative but thatís what gives the Warriors incentive to give us A lot. They save money, get the best player, and an upside big on a rookie deal. We get a high lottery pick, a young versatile role player, an athletic 3, and future picks.

The thing that wonít be so bad about Wiggins contract is, we will have mostly all young rookie contracts for the duration of it. We can easily trade away Porter, Thad and/or Sato, and I doubt we plan on bringing Dunn or Valentine back. We will have 1 big bad contract in Wiggins, a bunch of high upside young rookie contracts, and we will still have room to add FAs at pretty much any tier of the coming classes.
    Would absolutely have to hit on both those 1st rounders and one of them would have to be on LaVines level or better for it to really be worth it. If you draft two guys who arenít as good as LaVine - or much worse, the deal looks like ****.

Itíd be similar to when the bulls traded butler. Could you imagine if they only got draft picks and didnít get LaVine back? If the deal was Butler for Lauri and another top 10 pick that was also Lauri-esque. That deal would have been ****.

Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast