Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
    So many talented players in the NBA today but none of them feel like they have this sort of competitive edge to them.

In this generation of players, maybe a young Wade, Butler and Westbrook.

Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    Holy **** I had no clue Pip got screwed so badly with his contract. He was making less than $3m/yr during his prime?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To be fair, Reinsdorf told Pip not to sign that long deal. Pippen didnít bet on himself and lost. I donít blame the Reinsdorf approach of not renegotiating deals. In the GM game, the whole idea is to get a player locked in at a discount rate so you could build depth. Pippen shoulda been smarter but he wanted security.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    To be fair, Reinsdorf told Pip not to sign that long deal. Pippen didnít bet on himself and lost. I donít blame the Reinsdorf approach of not renegotiating deals. In the GM game, the whole idea is to get a player locked in at a discount rate so you could build depth. Pippen shoulda been smarter but he wanted security.
    I don't disagree with you. But at the same time, Pippen got ****ed big time. Not only did he help the Bulls get 5 titles to that point, but Krause was trying to trade him? I mean they did him wrong big time and I don't blame Pippen for asking for more money to do nothing as an ambassador when he got fired last year. He deserves to get paid from the Bulls. And you're right JR shouldn't negotiate but I mean this isn't like the NFL where 1 player is playing well and wants to renegotiate a contract, he's one of the main cogs of winning championships after championships. Didn't realize how bad Pip had it here.

After watching the first 2 episodes, you see a ton of similarities with Pax and Krause. Tons of parallels too. **** em both.

Pip made $22mil in his 11 seasons with the Bulls..lol that is just astounding. He made $77mil with the Rockets and Blazers in the 5 years following.

Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    I don't disagree with you. But at the same time, Pippen got ****ed big time. Not only did he help the Bulls get 5 titles to that point, but Krause was trying to trade him? I mean they did him wrong big time and I don't blame Pippen for asking for more money to do nothing as an ambassador when he got fired last year. He deserves to get paid from the Bulls. And you're right JR shouldn't negotiate but I mean this isn't like the NFL where 1 player is playing well and wants to renegotiate a contract, he's one of the main cogs of winning championships after championships. Didn't realize how bad Pip had it here.

After watching the first 2 episodes, you see a ton of similarities with Pax and Krause. Tons of parallels too. **** em both.
    Yep. All the way down to moving on from a good (not legendary, like Phil) coach for a guy from Iowa State, lol. Paxson had to have seen some of the dysfunction while he played here, yet he was a part of the ****** culture here, micromanaging coaches, mistreatment of players, etc. And of course, Jerry's been at the head of all of it. Hopefully his son is different.

https://twitter.com/nbcsbulls/status...411039746?s=21 ex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bernstein put out a great article speculating that while Krause may have been the villain and deservedly so- there's a good chance he was right that the Bulls dynasty was over.

https://670thescore.radio.com/bernst...michael-jordan

Good read.

I also have the opinion that the bulls would not have won more than 6 had Jordan not retired. It just wouldn't have happened.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Bernstein put out a great article speculating that while Krause may have been the villain and deservedly so- there's a good chance he was right that the Bulls dynasty was over.

https://670thescore.radio.com/bernst...michael-jordan

Good read.

I also have the opinion that the bulls would not have won more than 6 had Jordan not retired. It just wouldn't have happened.
    You could see the regression that final year. Escaping the Pacers in 7 games in the ECF, and then the Jazz in the Finals, in which they had momentum going back to Salt Lake for games 6 and 7. Looked like they were gonna force game 7 if not for MJís heroics.

It was a fitting end and Iím glad they all went their separate ways. Sucks weíve been stuck in mediocrity ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by dyst View Post
    So many talented players in the NBA today but none of them feel like they have this sort of competitive edge to them.

In this generation of players, maybe a young Wade, Butler and Westbrook.
    I think they all have that edge once they hit the court. Bron, Kobe certainly had it, Kawhi has it imo, I think to be great you need it.

Would you guys have traded Scottie for Tmac in 97? I absolutely would have.
    Probably would!
    You could see the regression that final year. Escaping the Pacers in 7 games in the ECF, and then the Jazz in the Finals, in which they had momentum going back to Salt Lake for games 6 and 7. Looked like they were gonna force game 7 if not for MJís heroics.

It was a fitting end and Iím glad they all went their separate ways. Sucks weíve been stuck in mediocrity ever since.

It was a great ending to a great dynasty. It's hard to tear it apart though, but seeing Rodman after that year, Pippen, etc. That was it.

I'm sure Jordan would have taken another step back in 99 as well.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

This is why I miss Thibs so much. You see the fire and intensity that Jordan had during practice, I believe there is a quote out there that because Jordan practiced so hard that it made playing games so much easier. Thibs did the same thing. Now everyone wants rest days and **** and their in game suffers.

This is why I miss Thibs so much. You see the fire and intensity that Jordan had during practice, I believe there is a quote out there that because Jordan practiced so hard that it made playing games so much easier. Thibs did the same thing. Now everyone wants rest days and **** and their in game suffers.
    Yup. Guys like Zach may actually have athleticism and skill on par with MJ/Kobe, but what sets the legends apart is the relentless work ethic away from the cameras and bright lights on game night. Itís just something you either have in you or donít. Zach can be so great if he puts that kind of effort in, instead of just relying on his natural abilities.

Zach has a hard work ethic that was never a flaw of his. He takes criticism well and wants to be better

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Zach has a hard work ethic that was never a flaw of his. He takes criticism well and wants to be better

Yep. What separates LaVine from an MJ/Kobe is the cerebral/IQ/feel for the game. MJ and Kobe has their doctorate in basketball and could have taught at basketball university if there were such a thing. LaVine at this point, may have just received his bachelors.

I agree with this 100%. Zach has a reputation as a hard worker. I donít think thatís ever been an issue for him. However his IQ shows up every game. Especially in tight moments where the D makes adjustments against him. This is why he has so many turnovers late in games.

Watching the last dance documentary I remember thatís what magic admired so much about MJ. Was his knowledge of the game. He marveled at his footwork and skill set. So you combine that talent, knowledge of the game and that competitive drive it equals to the [emoji238]

Yup. Guys like Zach may actually have athleticism and skill on par with MJ/Kobe, but what sets the legends apart is the relentless work ethic away from the cameras and bright lights on game night. Itís just something you either have in you or donít. Zach can be so great if he puts that kind of effort in, instead of just relying on his natural abilities.

Zach is a physical child compared to those 2. He's a highly athletic finesse player. They were DAWGS! Kawhi is a DAWG. Lebron is a DAWG. There are a few DAWGS in the league. Not many though.

Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast