Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Well hopefully we won’t see any more moves by him after this season ends
    In the last calendar year, he has...

Traded Gustafsson at the wrong time.
    Traded Jokiharju in a move that hasn't worked out.
    Passed on drafting Byram.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    In the last calendar year, he has...

Traded Gustafsson at the wrong time.
    Traded Jokiharju in a move that hasn't worked out.
    Passed on drafting Byram.
    It’s funny because they could’ve just traded Gus in the offseason and had Boqvist out of the gate since they do a lot of the same things. Get a good pick for him. Instead he just gives away Jokiharju for basically nothing and Gus gets a pretty useless asset. Just a colossal failure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    It’s funny because they could’ve just traded Gus in the offseason and had Boqvist out of the gate since they do a lot of the same things. Get a good pick for him. Instead he just gives away Jokiharju for basically nothing and Gus gets a pretty useless asset. Just a colossal failure.

These are the kind of things that set a franchise back. And that's critical at this stage with the Hawks considering that Keith is nearing the end of his career and Toews and Kane are both at the end of their prime years.

Now that Lehner is gone, Crawford is the undisputed number one again. I don't see Subban challenging for that spot at all. Not this year or at any point in the near future. I also don't see a scenario in which Crawford isn't brought back. He'll be 36 in December.

I think a 3-year, team friendly deal in the neighborhood of $3.5 million per season would be a good deal for both sides. I think we still get two really good years out of Crawford. By year three, we've hopefully transitioned to a young netminder who can become the number one and Crawford's $3.5 million cap hit is still manageable and also in it's final year.

That's kind of where I'm at with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Now that Lehner is gone, Crawford is the undisputed number one again. I don't see Subban challenging for that spot at all. Not this year or at any point in the near future. I also don't see a scenario in which Crawford isn't brought back. He'll be 36 in December.

I think a 3-year, team friendly deal in the neighborhood of $3.5 million per season would be a good deal for both sides. I think we still get two really good years out of Crawford. By year three, we've hopefully transitioned to a young netminder who can become the number one and Crawford's $3.5 million cap hit is still manageable and also in it's final year.

That's kind of where I'm at with this.
    Not sure why you think crow can have really good years anymore.

I just don't see the durability needed to do so.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Not sure why you think crow can have really good years anymore.

I just don't see the durability needed to do so.

Crawford is still really solid. I love the guy, probably the most underappreciated player on the roster and one of the most in the league. I would have total faith in him as a playoff goalie this year or next, but the replacement plan needs to be in order this offseason. Players of his age can fall off fast. Luckily he's a goalie, so he probably has a few extra years than a Seabrook would.

Blams, why don't you think he can have good years anymore? The Hawks since Colliton took over have been giving up an insane amount of shots and high quality shots and he's been good. If we didn't have Craw of Lehner in net, we would have been awful.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    Crawford is still really solid. I love the guy, probably the most underappreciated player on the roster and one of the most in the league. I would have total faith in him as a playoff goalie this year or next, but the replacement plan needs to be in order this offseason. Players of his age can fall off fast. Luckily he's a goalie, so he probably has a few extra years than a Seabrook would.

Blams, why don't you think he can have good years anymore? The Hawks since Colliton took over have been giving up an insane amount of shots and high quality shots and he's been good. If we didn't have Craw of Lehner in net, we would have been awful.
    We had Crawford’s replacement, but Stan just traded him away.

I love him. I just don't trust he can stay healthy. According to some pretty close personal sources , he's had some drug issues (I know it isn't an inside scoop, a lot of people have speculated this) and obviously we all know he has concussion issues.

I wa surprised to here drug because I thought it was alcohol.

I always root for people to recover, but can he at this age?

Last edited by blams; 03-06-2020 at 09:18 AM.

Click here to register!

Hawks on another 4 game winning streak, now 4 pts behind last WC spot.

Still even remotely have a chance, or too little too late?

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Only the Blackhawks can go on to win 4 games in a row, and then proceed to lose to the 15-48-5 Red Wings.

Only the Blackhawks can go on to win 4 games in a row, and then proceed to lose to the 15-48-5 Red Wings.

It sucks. Haven't we lost to them twice? Worst team in the league guna keep us from getting near the wildcard.

It sucks. Haven't we lost to them twice? Worst team in the league guna keep us from getting near the wildcard.
    We split the season series 1-1. We beat them 4-2 at home on 1/5.

Either way, we can’t lose valuable points to a **** team like Detroit. That probably hurts our chances even more

The chances are very, very low. 3.4 percent last I checked.

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    The chances are very, very low. 3.4 percent last I checked.

After the 4 game winning streak it was up to 12%. Clearly losing to a horrible team like Detroit made them drop even more now.

Either way I know they’re not making the playoffs. Just frustrating to see them go on a little win streak only to slip back by losing to crap teams

After the 4 game winning streak it was up to 12%. Clearly losing to a horrible team like Detroit made them drop even more now.

Either way I know they’re not making the playoffs. Just frustrating to see them go on a little win streak only to slip back by losing to crap teams
    Oh wow! Surprised that one loss did that.

Click here to register!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast