Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ortforshort View Post
    No question Jameis is extremely talented.
    With Ben being old and coming off a bad injury, signing Jameis would automatically create a battle for starting QB no matter what Mike Tomlin would say. Therefore, to sign Jameis would be tantamount to starting an immediate quarterback controversy. I'm going to guess that Tomlin probably feels that he doesn't need that. The Steelers have had enough drama with Ben. LeVeon and Antonio Brown recently. I guess what I'm saying is that Jameis is too good to be signed on as a backup. Same for Cam. You bring either one in to any franchise right now and you're creating a QB controvery. With most franchises already having their number 1 set and the others poised to go with a first rounder in this year's drafft, Cam and Jameis will have to wait until an opening arises.
    0% chance of a QB battle in Pittsburgh even if Jameis were signed.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I'd agree, but it likely depends on how Ben's elbow looks once the season starts. If he comes out looking like 2009 Jake Delhomme and they have a startable backup, I don't think Tomlin will risk his job on the elbow magically getting better.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Cam > Tyrod
    Eagles Facebook - Foles > Cam

Itís absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Eagles Facebook - Foles > Cam

Itís absurd.
    Any facebook: Any QB who doesn't wear funny clothes and have an afro > Cam.

If you're looking for the worst takes in football, Facebook fans will surely have you covered.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I'd agree....with a caveat.....0% chance unless it appears that surgically repaired elbow is a problem and/or he starts showing his age more and the team appears to be held back by his play.

I do find it interesting that some of you think Crab Legs' presence would cause controversy yet there's no mention that Mariota's will.........tho a Derek Carr to New England trade so the Raiders can draft someone to eventually replace Mariota is something that could easily happen
    Last edited by SiteWolf; 03-29-2020 at 07:53 AM.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Totally Different Situations

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I'd agree....with a caveat.....0% chance unless it appears that surgically repaired elbow is a problem and/or he starts showing his age more and the team appears to be held back by his play.

I do find it interesting that some of you think Crab Legs' presence would cause controversy yet there's no mention that Mariota's will.........tho a Derek Carr to New England trade so the Raiders can draft someone to eventually replace Mariota is something that could easily happen
    Jameis to Pittsburgh is totally opposite to Mariota to Las Vegas.

It's hard to think that Winston, given his lack of maturity, is going to go somewhere to be a backup particularly when his whole game is about feeding his ego by showing off his arm - regardless of where the ball ends up. If he ever grows up, he would be scary-good. You can't see Pittsburgh wanting to take on this headache as long as Roethlisberger is the number one.

Mariota is exactly the opposite, quiet. No one expects him to make waves. Which is funny because you get the feeling that Gruden would love for him to challenge Carr. Really the opposite situation.

Odd, but Mariota would have been a better fit in Pittsburgh as a backup and Winston would have been a better fit in Las Vegas taking on Carr.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post

Carr cap hit: $21,500,000
    Patriots cap space: $893,436

They'd have to move Gilmore+ to make space.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

2020:
    Dak: 266 @ 64.1%, 6.8 oer att, 1 TD, 0 INT, 92.5 Rate
    Wentz: 270 @ 57.1%, 6.4 per att, 2 TD, 2 INT, 72.5 Rate

I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by ortforshort View Post
    Jameis to Pittsburgh is totally opposite to Mariota to Las Vegas.

It's hard to think that Winston, given his lack of maturity, is going to go somewhere to be a backup particularly when his whole game is about feeding his ego by showing off his arm - regardless of where the ball ends up. If he ever grows up, he would be scary-good. You can't see Pittsburgh wanting to take on this headache as long as Roethlisberger is the number one.

Mariota is exactly the opposite, quiet. No one expects him to make waves. Which is funny because you get the feeling that Gruden would love for him to challenge Carr. Really the opposite situation.

Odd, but Mariota would have been a better fit in Pittsburgh as a backup and Winston would have been a better fit in Las Vegas taking on Carr.
    Pitt needs a new starter next year without being able to draft one. Mariota isn't their guy.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

2020:
    Dak: 266 @ 64.1%, 6.8 oer att, 1 TD, 0 INT, 92.5 Rate
    Wentz: 270 @ 57.1%, 6.4 per att, 2 TD, 2 INT, 72.5 Rate

I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12