Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Top 5 Tag Teams since 1990?

Who are your top 5 tag teams since 1990? Why 1990? Because I don’t remember wrestling before then. Being in self isolation, I’ve fallen down the YouTube rabbit hole and have been watching a ton of old wrestling.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Hard to rank but The Hardy Boyz, Edge and Christian, The Dudley Boyz, The New Day, and Harlem Heat would be my pick.
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

2018-2019 UVA Men's Basketball National Champions

Dudley Boyz
    Hardy Boyz
    Edge and Christian
    New Age Outlaws
    New Day

id personally put LOD/harlem heat/steiner brothers of new day and new age outlaws.

Brothers of Destruction
    Harlem Heat
    The Outsiders
    Edge and Christian
    Matt and Jeff Hardy

Also throw out an honorable mention for The Two Man Power Trip. H's first quad injury caused that angle to be over way too soon.

Wow some of you guys are young. I'm 34 but how do you have a list like that and not include the Legion of Doom aka the Road Warriors? Or how about the Outsiders with Nash and Hall? Those are two of the most over tag teams of all time.

Brothers of Destruction were underrated too but that's because they were bigger singles stars.

No particular order:

Hardyz
    Dudleys
    Edge and Christian
    Los Guerreros
    New Age Outlaws
    New Day
    *I know this is six but I couldn't pick who to move down to honorable mentions, so sue me.

Honorable mentions:

Usos
    APA
    (Unpopular) Revival
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

The American Wolves
    Guerrillas of Destiny
    Team Hell No
    The Uso's
    APA

Other teams that could have made the list but still are some of my favorites, include: Golden Lovers, XPac/Kane, The Steiners, Hollywood Blondes and Rated RKO.
    Screw sabermetics.

i don't think you can call them a top tag team but, one of my favorites when I was younger was the faces of fear Meng and Barbarian

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    i don't think you can call them a top tag team but, one of my favorites when I was younger was the faces of fear Meng and Barbarian
    Certainly two of the toughest guys in wrestling (shoot). Almost all wrestlers say in a legit fight they wouldn't **** with Meng.

I'm still amazed i haven't seen the Outsiders on this list. I know the NWO was a faction but who was cooler than Hall and Nash in the late 90s?

In no particular order: Steiner Brothers, Road Warriors, Hardy Boyz, New Age Outlaws, New Day.

If the list is just my personal favorites: Steiner Brothers, Nasty Boys, Fabulous Rougeaus, Demolition, British Bulldogs.
    Chicago Cubs • Chicago Blackhawks • Buffalo Bills • Southern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi Osaka • Angelique Kerber • Bianca Andreescu

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Quite possibly the most legitimately tough tag team in the history of the business.
    Chicago Cubs • Chicago Blackhawks • Buffalo Bills • Southern Illinois University Salukis

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Wow some of you guys are young. I'm 34 but how do you have a list like that and not include the Legion of Doom aka the Road Warriors? Or how about the Outsiders with Nash and Hall? Those are two of the most over tag teams of all time.

Brothers of Destruction were underrated too but that's because they were bigger singles stars.
    LOD was a bit before my time, at least the height of it. The Outsiders are on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    LOD was a bit before my time, at least the height of it. The Outsiders are on my list.
    I remember LOD from the early 90s. 92ish i would say. They were the first tag team i watched on WWF and i loved them even through their second run in WWE. 1997 or so. Demolition was just a second rate rip off imo. A good tag team but not the Road Warriors.

Hall and Nash were the coolest part of NWO. The only thing I might have liked better in WCW was the Wolfpac.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I remember LOD from the early 90s. 92ish i would say. They were the first tag team i watched on WWF and i loved them even through their second run in WWE. 1997 or so. Demolition was just a second rate rip off imo. A good tag team but not the Road Warriors.

Hall and Nash were the coolest part of NWO. The only thing I might have liked better in WCW was the Wolfpac.
    As a kid, I never made the connection between Demolition and the Road Warriors. It wasn't until I was older that I realized that Demolition was an attempt to recreate them. Because of that, I still see them as I did when I was younger and got interested in WWF as being wholly separate from the Road Warriors. Funny how our first perception of something stays with us. Similar to whoever it was here that said they prefer the American Badass Undertaker because that was the gimmick he was working when they first began watching.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast