Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Colts to release Brian Hoyer.

Just gonna take a wild guess here but I smell a Patriots reunion coming. For any Patriots fans if he does comeback how would you feel? Would he be the started or backup to Stidham?

Coming soon to a WWE Ring near you!

I wouldnít be shocked if he headed back there but there are much more talented QBs available to the Pats via FA.

another QB on the market boys... gonna be tough to choose between him and cam

Patriots signed QB Brian Hoyer to a one-year contract.
    Hoyer spent 2019 in Indianapolis, backing up Jacoby Brissett. He started one game for the Colts and completed 35-of-65 passes on the season. Hoyer threw four touchdowns and four interceptions. This signing marks his third stint with the Patriots. Hoyer knows the system in New England and provides some baseline stability at quarterback as they search for Tom Brady's replacement. Hoyer will be 35 years old in the fall.
    via rotoworld

Makes ton of sense. Wonít prohibit them from adding another QB in the draft or FA. He knows the system which is huge with most likely limited offseason practices. And from his perspective NE has the weakest QB situation in the league on paper so he gets a shot to compete.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Makes ton of sense. Wonít prohibit them from adding another QB in the draft or FA. He knows the system which is huge with most likely limited offseason practices. And from his perspective NE has the weakest QB situation in the league on paper so he gets a shot to compete.
    I could still see them drafting a QB rather thatís this yr at 23 or later or even next yr. We have to remember the deal is only for 1 yr at $1m so thereís that chance he may be released next season.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post

I could still see them drafting a QB rather thatís this yr at 23 or later or even next yr. We have to remember the deal is only for 1 yr at $1m so thereís that chance he may be released next season.
    If they even think Hoyer can beat out Stidham to be the starter, they're not set at QB and could not only draft one, but move UP in the 1st to get the one they want.........that is, unless you think they'd Tank for Trevor
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    If they even think Hoyer can beat out Stidham to be the starter, they're not set at QB and could not only draft one, but move UP in the 1st to get the one they want.........that is, unless you think they'd Tank for Trevor
    I agree but what Iíve heard was Bill told Hoyer he would have a opportunity to play for the starting job hence why he agreed to the $1m deal. Hoyer is more experience and knows the Patriots system pretty well. I personally have nothing against the guy but I donít think heís the guy I believe can lead the team. As far as tanking I can see it but I also canít on one hand we still have Belichick but on the other Bradyís gone and we still have no idea rather or not Stidham can play or if Hoyer can be that franchise QB.