Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    They have a very talented roster. Even with your Broncos bias you shouldn't deny that.
    I wouldn't look at the Chargers in the last 5 or so years and conclude that they're competent. But yes they do have some talent. That defense should be pretty damn good this year.

With the ultimatum from the Fords of win now or you're gone, they are not going to trade Stafford.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    With the ultimatum from the Fords of win now or you're gone, they are not going to trade Stafford.
    Stafford may as well leave because the Lions are not winning a damn thing anytime soon...when is the last time they even made the playoffs or had a winning record

Lions last won a playoff game in 1991
    Lions last had a winning record in 2017

Stafford isn't going to leave Detroit, at least while he is still under contract that pays him a loooot of money. He's also not the type of player to ruffle feathers and request a trade. You honestly don't hear a blip out of this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Question is what would NE have to trade to get him?
    A 1st at a minimum. Probably additional compensation whether that be a 2nd or a couple later picks.

If that’s the case no thanks just too much for a guy that may or may not be worth the risk.
    He's well worth the price if you're a QB away from a title contender.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    Lions last won a playoff game in 1991
    Lions last had a winning record in 2017

Stafford isn't going to leave Detroit, at least while he is still under contract that pays him a loooot of money. He's also not the type of player to ruffle feathers and request a trade. You honestly don't hear a blip out of this guy.
    Exactly. Furthermore, he loves the city based on everything he and his wife said about it, especially how they supported her during her surgery. No way he leaves unless the Fords force him out.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    A 1st at a minimum. Probably additional compensation whether that be a 2nd or a couple later picks.
    He's well worth the price if you're a QB away from a title contender.
    1st round pick for him no thanks would rather go through the draft.

Coming soon to a WWE Ring near you!

1st round pick for him no thanks would rather go through the draft.
    Good luck with that mentality. No QB, no chance. Stafford isn't moving anyway, so that is a moot point.

Quote Originally Posted by Five Angels View Post
    Cap hit for trading Stafford’s brutal this year, he’s not going anywhere. That said, after our “rocket scientist” front office ***** the bed again this season and new management’s in town next year, you know they’ll be looking to move on from Stafford and install their own guy at QB. No one’s trying to right the ship in 2021 Detroit anymore with an aging QB with a bad back and questionable leadership skills.
    I've always liked Stafford. What makes you say he has questionable leadership? I sincerely have never heard that accusation on him.

Good luck with that mentality. No QB, no chance. Stafford isn't moving anyway, so that is a moot point.
    Well Brady was taking in the 6th round at 199 so I can at least believe it could happen again.
    Last edited by BSF101; 03-22-2020 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    I've always liked Stafford. What makes you say he has questionable leadership? I sincerely have never heard that accusation on him.
    He’s absolutely a good QB, without a doubt, his teammates seem to like him, and he’s got the physical skills to be great, but he’s always been a company man on a generally average team with a mediocre (at best) front office. I can’t think of a single time in his career has he ever taken the lead in changing the culture in Detroit or demanded better from the team as a whole on an organizational level. As I said earlier, he shows for work, does his job and shovels whatever garbage the front office is pedaling. Mind you, this is a man, because of the year he was drafted, who’s probably the highest paid player in the history of the NFL all time. You wouldn’t see the greats like Marino or Brady keeping quiet while playing for a team like the Lions, but Staff does. He takes his paycheck like a good little boy and you never get a peep out of him. That’s why I question his leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by Five Angels View Post
    He’s absolutely a good QB, without a doubt, his teammates seem to like him, and he’s got the physical skills to be great, but he’s always been a company man on a generally average team with a mediocre (at best) front office. I can’t think of a single time in his career has he ever taken the lead in changing the culture in Detroit or demanded better from the team as a whole on an organizational level. As I said earlier, he shows for work, does his job and shovels whatever garbage the front office is pedaling. Mind you, this is a man, because of the year he was drafted, who’s probably the highest paid player in the history of the NFL all time. You wouldn’t see the greats like Marino or Brady keeping quiet while playing for a team like the Lions, but Staff does. He takes his paycheck like a good little boy and you never get a peep out of him. That’s why I question his leadership.
    I mean what do you want him to do? Be toxic and put the players and organization on blast? With the exception of maybe Big Ben you don't really see any franchise QB's stepping out of line because they would absolutely be blasted for it. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. I'm sure he's frustrated with all the losing even if he isn't very vocal about it.

Well Brady was taking in the 6th round at 199 so I can at least believe it could happen again.
    So you are hoping for a once in a lifetime situation to happen again? I wish i could live in that fairy tale land.

So you are hoping for a once in a lifetime situation to happen again? I wish i could live in that fairy tale land.
    Why not? As long as the team picks the right guy to lead the team it’s not far fetched.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast