Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Senators sell off stock after receiving briefings on Coronavirus

Two Senators apparently sold off stock after receiving briefings concerning the seriousness of Coronavirus:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp

Seems like a big deal and disgusting if true.

I don't follow stocks at all and don't know when is or isn't a good time to sell or buy. if one felt this was going to cause them to lose money, why would they not sell?

fill me in with some information.

don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I don't follow stocks at all and don't know when is or isn't a good time to sell or buy. if one felt this was going to cause them to lose money, why would they not sell?

fill me in with some information.
    Google “insider trading”. Too long to explain or post here. It’s illegal.

This one is somehow going to become partisan but it’s a pretty back and white case.

Not sure what the partisan defense will be....I’m guessing lots of “but what about...” but it’ll happen.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Two Senators apparently sold off stock after receiving briefings concerning the seriousness of Coronavirus:

This is exactly why if I were in Congress, I would be pushing to make it mandatory that upon winning and election and swearing in to be a senator/congressman, that every single person would have to have sold their stock. No exceptions. You can rebuy treasuries or just keep it in cash or cash equivalents (CDs, etc.). Additionally, if I were a senator, I would vote against any nominee who refused to do the same.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post

This one is somehow going to become partisan but it’s a pretty back and white case.

Not sure what the partisan defense will be....I’m guessing lots of “but what about...” but it’ll happen.
    No. It already is partisan since Dianne Feinstein did the same thing and it is not really being reported to the same degree as the others.

But Feinstein was prepared with her excuse…it wasn't her, it was automatic trading. It wasn't her, it was her husband. Blah. Blah. Blah

This is one of those situations where the senators in question are doing the wrong thing but they are doing what pretty much everyone else would do.

Is what they did wrong???? Sure

Would you have done the same thing??? Probably.

And before you say I'm wrong…that means you would be prepared to have your family lose hundreds of thousands of dollars by not selling a stock you know will go down. If you are going to say that, it would have to be proven to me to believe it.

It's human nature.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    This is exactly why if I were in Congress, I would be pushing to make it mandatory that upon winning and election and swearing in to be a senator/congressman, that every single person would have to have sold their stock. No exceptions. You can rebuy treasuries or just keep it in cash or cash equivalents (CDs, etc.). Additionally, if I were a senator, I would vote against any nominee who refused to do the same.

A number of congress members are guilty of this so nothing will be done about it.

I am not going to buy into the idea that this human nature if that was the case, why have laws against drug use, prostitution, or street brawls. It is corruption pure and simple. It is one of those things that is allowed because of the people involve have power.
    Last edited by WES445; 03-20-2020 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Oh sure.

I'll sell all my stock to…my son or daughter, my cousin, my honey, an off shore bank.

I've said this before…you cannot stop money. Money will always find a way to move profitably.

And the people (like you) that have all the solutions, usually are people that don't really have any money.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    A number of congress members are guilty of this so nothing will be done about it.
    Ba do boom, ba da bing!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    No. It already is partisan since Dianne Feinstein did the same thing and it is not really being reported to the same degree as the others.

But Feinstein was prepared with her excuse…it wasn't her, it was automatic trading. It wasn't her, it was her husband. Blah. Blah. Blah

This is one of those situations where the senators in question are doing the wrong thing but they are doing what pretty much everyone else would do.

And before you say I'm wrong…that means you would be prepared to have your family lose hundreds of thousands of dollars by not selling a stock you know will go down. If you are going to say that, it would have to be proven to me to believe it.

It's human nature.
    Bottom line: it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Bottom line: it sucks.
    Very admirable.

I can't prove you wrong.

Of course, you can't prove you are right.

Very admirable.

I can't prove you wrong.

Of course, you can't prove you are right.
    If it is human nature then why have laws against drug used, prostitution or street brawling?

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post

I legitimately asked. this should be bipartisan, especially with people on both sides. investigate and hold those accountable if they did something wrong.

don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post

They better do time for it.

It's human nature.
    First Bolded: Or maybe because this is such a new developing story we don't yet know everyone who has done it yet. All the articles I'm now reading include Feinstein.

Second Bolded: I wish you were as accepting and understanding when the poor or immigrants break the law as you are with the wealthy. Is there nothing the rich could do that you won't somehow find a way to excuse?

I’m shocked that Brewers wasn’t on top of this creating a thread for our thoughts on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast