Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    At least you can say you share the same low IQ as Chris Carter. "Look at Cam's stats that aren't amazing...." but then ignore the fact that his OL was full of garbage guys who didn't do anything elsewhere (Matt Kalil, Norwell, old/injured Ryan Kalil and his mediocre backup) and he was throwing to guys who couldn't get meaningful reps elsewhere (Kelvin Benjamin, Devin Funchess, Brenton Bersin, Kaylin Clay, whatever the scrub special teamer we let Ted Ginn walk for was named). Cam CARRIED these mother ****ers to wins against teams like NE, MIN, spit roasted your GB team with Rodgers, DET (not that they're anything special, but Cam had an crazy performance and this roster barely beat the ****ing 9-7 Lions), and of course had that MVP performance against the Saints in the wild card round.

Anyone who wasn't impressed by Cam's 2017 season didn't actually watch him. That roster wouldn't have sniffed 5 wins without Cam and somehow went 11-5 and beat 3 SB favorites while nearly beating 2 others.
    more excuses for a top 7 QB when healthy that has only performed like it once. Now we are using the watched games argument lolololol

my dude no reason to get this angry... your team is about to make the playoffs with teddy B

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Peyton Manning was 36. Hadn’t played the entire year before and hadn’t passed any physicals. There really were no guarantees going forward.
    Nobody cared. Everyone was lining up to take a chance on him. The broncos gave him the money he would rightfully deserve but easily found away to protect themselves. https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.nfl...._decker&sr=amp
    You're missing the fact that we have a pandemic that is prohibiting players and teams from physically meeting. Peyton had the ability to be evaluated by team doctors, which we currently do NOT have. Also, why do you guys go from treating Cam like he's a scrub to comparing him to a top 5 all-time QB's situation?

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    now 90 percent of the media hates on cam? the league def hated on him compared to other guys because of his size and didnt give him the benefit of the doubt like smaller guys who they protected but when did it become a thing for the media to hate on cam? some sure but the majority def did not... He was given a gold card for how good he was going to be and suppose to be the day he was drafted and only met those expectations one season but always was loved for being a meh to good QB and become insanely overrated... If cam does not get a starter job or refuses a back up role it 100 percent will be pushed by guys like steven A that its because of his race and not because of his lack of throwing skills.
    You've been living under a rock if you think this is true. Let's play a game, for every positive article you find, I guarantee I can find 2 negative ones. The amount of **** Cam did for the Carolinas that went unnoticed was ****ing crazy; every athlete gives to charity, but the amount Cam does is more than I've ever seen in Carolina, and we have 2 recent WPMOTY winners. You straight up don't hear about all the stuff Cam does unless you see it on twitter where some random bystander is getting pictures of him feeding the homeless or donating to schools/hospitals.

But just to kick this off, Cam was criticized unnecessarily twice before being drafted. Once when Nolan Nawracki claimed he had a "fake smile", and again when people claimed he cared more about being an icon than being a dedicated hard working QB. Here's the article, titled "Why is Cam Newton the most hated rookie in america?" For such a "golden" boy he sure was unnecessarily hated by a lot of people, yourself included.

Lets go with the facts...

Cam hasnt been good for a while.
    Cam was getting top dollar to not be great
    cam was a 30 year old often injured QB who relied on his legs
    Cam was never a good thrower of the football
    Cam is a big QB with a ton of miles for how much he has been hit

Yet he is an arguable top 7 QB and the panthers should have kept paying him like it and other teams should take a risk on this guy who has most likely lost his legs and was never a good thrower? Totally legit
    Cam hasn't ever been earning "top dollar". He signed his deal in 2015 which made him 5th highest paid, which he immediately followed up by winning MVP and making a SB appearance. By 2016 he was out of the top 10 highest paid, and the last couple years he's been out of the top 15. Cam's been underpaid his whole career and never made a fuss about money, yet I see numerous people who call Cam a "me first egotistical douchebag" at will.

I'm not going to argue any further, but "not a good thrower of the ball" is a stupid statement to make about a guy who has several seasons leading WRs who had the worst separation rates in the league while playing behind consistently bottom 10 OLs.

Don't let me stop you from saying dumb **** or trying to put words in my mouth, but I've never said he was paid like a top 7 QB (Because he wasn't) and I stated that he was playing at a top 8 pace in 2018 before his injury, which I've backed up statistically and pointed out the garbage he played with.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

more excuses for a top 7 QB when healthy that has only performed like it once. Now we are using the watched games argument lolololol

my dude no reason to get this angry... your team is about to make the playoffs with teddy B
    I'm not even mad, you're just literally one of the lowest football IQ trolls on the site. I want to at least give you the benefit of the doubt that you're not this ******** in person.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

When healthy, cams a top 10 guy. Suggesting otherwise is comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    A lot of GMs don’t feel this way.

I'd say 8-14 area. He's definitely better than average IMO, but I have a hard time putting him above some of the top guys in the game.

top 10

id have him around 12-14... he just isnt worth the risk outside of a backup role or the money he will want. He isnt a good throwing QB while injury riddled... once those legs go if they already havent he is a negative QB.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    A lot of GMs don’t feel this way.
    People realize there’s more to “this guy is better so sign him”, right?

People realize there’s more to “this guy is better so sign him”, right?
    not when guys like teddy b are beating him out for the job

yet the patriots and chargers want no parts of him after he has been medically cleared and would rather go with question marks.... the bears who owe foles nothing after this season want no parts of him even though bringing him in and letting him fight with foles for the starting job could be ideal... the titans said from the start they werent interested when everyone assumed they would be and now we have teams like the skins/bengals/dolphins/broncos/panthers who all could take a shot on him for nothing and want no parts of him. Thoughts?
    well now you're talking two different things....I was responding to your list of QBs being signed before him, now you're talking about where he could still go....

Understand, too....I happen to have had a complete dislike for him since college days, so it's not like I'm stumping for him
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

i hate equally on people that are overrated to hell... when did luck/brady/cousins/eli/tribiscuits become black? good try though i just understand the media and know exactly where this will go

also my hood would be revoked for loving wilson/mahomes no?
    so you brought up race why then? nobody else suggested that having anything to do with him not being signed

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    so you brought up race why then? nobody else suggested that having anything to do with him not being signed
    because he is an overrated QB and the second he is jobless even if he refuses a backup position heads will roll in the media esp after the kaep stuff. I actually hope he gets a job because id rather not listen to Steven A and max go this route which they will and it will catch fire and then we will have to hear how these other QBs have jobs that he is clearly better then which is also true... He is def better than half the league but we ignore the injuries/and how he plays the position and the dollars he will make to why teams wont want him.... i am 99 pct sure if he doesnt start this season the major topic will be this and that is a promise.

cam newton is a talented play making QB but he is not an accurate thrower of the football and his game has not aged well with the injuries... have the panthers protected him? nope... have they done him dirty this off season? yup.... but i cant see a team taking a chance on starting him even though he is better than some guys out there.

also if i am not mistaken when the dude was drafted it was all about race correct? people took offense to how scouts saw him etc no? Newton has also said things about race over his career that has cause controversy... if he isnt a starter this is the route it will go.

top 10

id have him around 12-14... he just isnt worth the risk outside of a backup role or the money he will want. He isnt a good throwing QB while injury riddled... once those legs go if they already havent he is a negative QB.
    because there's such a huge difference between 10 and 12? ....and even at 14 (which is still higher than I'd rank him even trying to drop my bias against him) that's more than a backup

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast