Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'm a full believer that a healthy Cam makes any team a playoff contender, so yeah, I can see one of those teams realizing they don't have "their guy" or a team like LAC/MIA realizing their rookie needs a year (especially Tua).

Also Cam is coming off of a lisfranc foot surgery that many 300+ lb linemen recover from in time for training camp all the time. His shoulder surgery was at the end of 2018 and was considered a minor cleanup surgery to remove scar tissue from the 2016 shoulder surgery. Cam was playing really well in a new/different offense in 2018 so I think he's shown he can adapt his game.

I still say he'd be incredibly stupid to go anywhere that doesn't give him a legit shot at starting. If the Jags roll with Minshew while Cam is available they deserve to be terrible.
    Minshew will earn 675k and how good do the jags want to be with Lawrence and fields in next years draft?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Minshew will earn 675k and how good do the jags want to be with Lawrence and fields in next years draft?
    Very true. Cam winning a game or two more would only hurt the jags.

I'm a full believer that a healthy Cam makes any team a playoff contender, so yeah, I can see one of those teams realizing they don't have "their guy" or a team like LAC/MIA realizing their rookie needs a year (especially Tua).

Also Cam is coming off of a lisfranc foot surgery that many 300+ lb linemen recover from in time for training camp all the time. His shoulder surgery was at the end of 2018 and was considered a minor cleanup surgery to remove scar tissue from the 2016 shoulder surgery. Cam was playing really well in a new/different offense in 2018 so I think he's shown he can adapt his game.

I still say he'd be incredibly stupid to go anywhere that doesn't give him a legit shot at starting. If the Jags roll with Minshew while Cam is available they deserve to be terrible.
    C'mon man. He's 6-10 in his last 16 games. That's total BS that he makes any team a playoff contender. I know you're defense will be that CAR is a bad team around him but JAX/LAC/MIA/WAS are all bad teams too. The only one from that list that you can argue isn't a bad team is NE but I'm here to tell you that outside of Brady last year we are a pretty bad team. And it's an offense based on precise timing and option route reads. With no offseason work there's absolutely no way we should consider signing him.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    C'mon man. He's 6-10 in his last 16 games. That's total BS that he makes any team a playoff contender. I know you're defense will be that CAR is a bad team around him but JAX/LAC/MIA/WAS are all bad teams too. The only one from that list that you can argue isn't a bad team is NE but I'm here to tell you that outside of Brady last year we are a pretty bad team. And it's an offense based on precise timing and option route reads. With no offseason work there's absolutely no way we should consider signing him.
    I also said a healthy Cam. As in the guy who was 6-2 and carrying a garbage offense in 2018 that only featured McCaffrey for help. The year before that he carried an atrocious offense full of no-names and guys who've done nothing without him to an 11-5 season and a near upset of the Saints. Cam's last 6 games (0-6) were games where he couldn't run and was unable to throw, yet was somehow allowed to play.

And believe me, I know the NE offense is bad. I don't want to see Cam in NE just because when he does what he's done his entire career and carries that below average offense everyone will just say "durrrr, BB can win with anyone!!!"

The Cam situation is honestly the dumbest thing I've ever seen. He's only 30 going on 31 and people are acting like teams who haven't come close to a franchise QB in years should avoid a guy who's capable of taking over any given game regardless of surrounding talent.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

I also said a healthy Cam. As in the guy who was 6-2 and carrying a garbage offense in 2018 that only featured McCaffrey for help. The year before that he carried an atrocious offense full of no-names and guys who've done nothing without him to an 11-5 season and a near upset of the Saints. Cam's last 6 games (0-6) were games where he couldn't run and was unable to throw, yet was somehow allowed to play.

And believe me, I know the NE offense is bad. I don't want to see Cam in NE just because when he does what he's done his entire career and carries that below average offense everyone will just say "durrrr, BB can win with anyone!!!"

The Cam situation is honestly the dumbest thing I've ever seen. He's only 30 going on 31 and people are acting like teams who haven't come close to a franchise QB in years should avoid a guy who's capable of taking over any given game regardless of surrounding talent.
    Ok fine, 2018 doesn't count. What about 2016 when he went 6-8? What about 2014 when he went 5-8-1. I would consider Cam's prime to have started in 2013 and go through 2017. That's 5 seasons. And in 2 of them e had a losing record. So your claim that he can carry any team - even terrible ones - to the playoffs wasn't even right in his prime. So if we assume he gets all the way back to 100% from the shoulder injury it's still not true.

And if you try to tell me that he was actually injured in those seasons, then you're telling me he has battled injuries that prevented him from being able to win for about half of his 20s. Which gives me absolutely no reason to think he's going to be able to stay healthy in his 30s coming off shoulder surgery.

For the record I was a big fan of Cam the player. I've defended him from over the top criticism on this board (caught... MTM... cough). I just think the idea that he's this transcendent player who can overcome any deficient talent around him is complete and total BS. That's just so far out of reality.

For the record I was a big fan of Cam the player. I've defended him from over the top criticism on this board (caught... MTM... cough). I just think the idea that he's this transcendent player who can overcome any deficient talent around him is complete and total BS. That's just so far out of reality.
    Would you feel the same way if Cam signed with the Patriots today?
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Ok fine, 2018 doesn't count. What about 2016 when he went 6-8? What about 2014 when he went 5-8-1. I would consider Cam's prime to have started in 2013 and go through 2017. That's 5 seasons. And in 2 of them e had a losing record. So your claim that he can carry any team - even terrible ones - to the playoffs wasn't even right in his prime. So if we assume he gets all the way back to 100% from the shoulder injury it's still not true.

And if you try to tell me that he was actually injured in those seasons, then you're telling me he has battled injuries that prevented him from being able to win for about half of his 20s. Which gives me absolutely no reason to think he's going to be able to stay healthy in his 30s coming off shoulder surgery.
    2014: broken back via car wreck and had ankle surgery after the 2013 season
    2016: the original rotator cuff injury plus speculation that he had several unreported concussions due to head hunting.

There's not a QB in the league who wouldn't have had similar injuries (and more) to Cam if they played in a downfield passing offense with no weapons, no OL, and a running game that only functioned when he was a big part of it.

Give the man a mediocre OL, a coach who doesn't think it's 1990, and some half *** weapons and he's good for at least 10 wins. Im not gonna say he's not an injury concern, but put him somewhere that he's not getting blasted every snap and he'll have a much better chance.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

put him somewhere that he's not getting blasted every snap and he'll have a much better chance.
    isn't that true for around 100% of QBs?

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    isn't that true for around 100% of QBs?
    Yeah, but the opposite isn't true for all QBs. Put most other QBs on the 2017 Panthers and they not only dont survive the season, but also don't make Kaelin Clay, Brenton Bersin, and Kelvin Benjamin look like NFL players. He won MVP with Michael Oher and Mike Remmers as his OTs and that's probably his best OL.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

2014: broken back via car wreck and had ankle surgery after the 2013 season
    2016: the original rotator cuff injury plus speculation that he had several unreported concussions due to head hunting.

There's not a QB in the league who wouldn't have had similar injuries (and more) to Cam if they played in a downfield passing offense with no weapons, no OL, and a running game that only functioned when he was a big part of it.

Give the man a mediocre OL, a coach who doesn't think it's 1990, and some half *** weapons and he's good for at least 10 wins. Im not gonna say he's not an injury concern, but put him somewhere that he's not getting blasted every snap and he'll have a much better chance.

yet when i say it about druss/rodgers i get **** lol

you put russ on any and every one of those panthers teams and he wins the superbowl or takes them deep in the playoffs every year

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post

yet when i say it about druss/rodgers i get **** lol

you put russ on any and every one of those panthers teams and he wins the superbowl or takes them deep in the playoffs every year
    Rodgers weapons and OL don't even compare to the trash Carolina has had. Our best "#1 WR" that we had from 2014 to 2019 is currently Rodgers' #3 WR. None of our OTs have been starters since Carolina and all except Oher weren't starters before Carolina. You get **** when you cry about Rodgers' offensive surroundings because he's had more than enough help.

Wilson has a comparable ****** OL, but plays in a WCO system and is frequently given favorable play calling, sure handed/speedy WRs, and a running game that can function without him. Let him run a vertical offense with Kelvin Benjamin, Devin Funchess, and Ted Ginn while being protected by Mike Remmers and Matt Kalil and see how he holds up. Wilson hasn't even made it past the divisional round without an all time great defense, let's not get carried away thinking he's somehow going to be better with a worse team.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Cam won MVP and played in the Super Bowl without Lynch and the Legion of Boom.

Fun fact: The Panthers started the game with one WR in the formation. Talk about lack of weapons. Russ had Golden Tate and Doug Baldwin starting in the SB he won.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 05-28-2020 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Cam won MVP and played in the Super Bowl without Lynch and the Legion of Boom.

Fun fact: The Panthers started the game with one WR in the formation. Talk about lack of weapons. Russ had Golden Tate and Doug Baldwin starting in the SB he won.
    You just have to learn to ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    You just have to learn to ignore it.
    ignore what?

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast