Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Cam Newton to be released

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/03/19/ca...nthers-release

On top of this they are saying he is going to have to take a backup job if he wants to play again...

He so good doh... That moment when dalton/foles/teddy B are more coveted options around the league

I said in the other thread that no one would trade for him and that he would have a difficult time getting a starting job.

I hope the Pats take a flier.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

I want to see him in New England.

Me too...I wanna see Cam Newton on my Patriots especially because if there is anyone who can get the absolute best out of Cam it is Belichick

Either Pats or Chargers have to. But with the travel bans he can't pass a physical, and people think his body is shot.

Cam and Tyrod would be interesting compared to Lamar and RG3.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I hope the Pats take a flier.
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I want to see him in New England.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Me too...I wanna see Cam Newton on my Patriots especially because if there is anyone who can get the absolute best out of Cam it is Belichick
    You guys donít believe heíll get on Belichickís nerves?

Vince to Gronk

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Belichick tolerates a lot of stuff if a player puts in the work.

Why would he? He's a good dude. The bad rep he gets 100% isn't deserved imo.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Why would he? He's a good dude. The bad rep he gets 100% isn't deserved imo.
    good dude that made out like a bandit for being mediocre... man luck gone/cam a backup and brady on the bucks All while wilson is just dominating ... what a time to be alive

Cam Newton to the Patriots...I sure as hell hope so

I don't think Cam is going to end up in NE.

My $0.02 on NE is either they are going to move up in RD 1 for a QB or they are going to 'tank' this year and get a high pick next year. I don't think they would turn to a guy that wants to be a starter again like Cam to be a 1 year 'try out'. I think what would be best for Cam is take a Tannehill year. Backup in a place like Pittsburgh or Philadelphia. 2 QB's who do tend to miss a few games. Play 2-4 good high quality games, and establish yourself as a great option for teams that want a QB next year.

BB slobbers over Cam every year when we play them in preseason. People try to build their own narratives based on their own dislike of Cam, but his work ethic is top notch, he'd be exactly what BB wants. He's also spent most of his career in a EHP system that I know the Pat's have run in the past.

I'm not buying the "Cam will be a backup because people think he's broken" narrative until it happens. A combination of COVID-19 and us having zero leverage means nobody is going to trade for a guy who hasn't passed a physical and can't travel to get one.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'm not buying the "Cam will be a backup because people think he's broken" narrative until it happens. A combination of COVID-19 and us having zero leverage means nobody is going to trade for a guy who hasn't passed a physical and can't travel to get one.
    Part of what's pushing that is the number of QB's out there. Dalton, Newton, Winston. Hill if you want to give up picks. Flacco if healthy can backup. Burrow, Tua, Love, Herbert in RD 1. Eason, Perkins, Hurt, Fromm Rd 2-3. It quickly limits what teams will want some of these veteran guys that want to start.

Like if I had to bet: we know Cincy, Miami, and maybe Washington are in the QB market via draft for right now. Possibly NE. Indy, LAC, ATL would likely be looking for QBotF. Jax/Tenn could use a better backup but you would be looking more to get someone that won't push the starter. NYG, NYJ, Den might want someone veteran in there to mentor.

So if you were a starter would you want one of those situations? Likely not. So a backup to an established guy who tends to miss time makes sense. Ben Roethlisberger, Carson Wentz, Aaron Rodgers make sense to backup. Learn from them, likely play 2-4 games, come back next year and bank on some teams moving on like Atlanta, maybe SF, LVR, LAC, Indy.

For the Pats I think Cam would be a one year thing. Give Stidham one more year to learn behind the scenes.

The way Cam missed last year you could give him a one year deal with a lot of not likely to be earned incentives set at moderate levels.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast