Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Darius Slay Interview on WJR

Darius Slay on WJR: I wanted to stay for a minute, but I knew how me and Matt Patricia were and that wasn't going to last long.

Slay said he disagrees with the coach on a lot of things. Said he was bothered by Patricia saying he wasn't elite, only good.
    Slay said the first year with Patricia was rough and destroyed their relationship, even though the second year was much better.
    Slay on WJR said he didn't respect Matt Patricia as a person even before the Diggs trade.

I knew the relationship wasn't great, but Slay isn't holding back.
    Slay said Matt Patricia told him he had no business working out with guys like Richard Sherman and Aqib Talib because those guys were elite and Slay was just good.
    Slay closes the interview saying he appreciates and loves the people of Detroit.
    Via Justin Rogers

These quotes come from the Darius Slay Interview on WJR. I couldn't find the full audio but will post it when I do. I know people are going to have opinions on this, and I am curious what they are.

The interview:

"He told me in front of the whole team, in the team meeting room, showed clips of me in practice getting a ball caught on me or so in practice," Slay said. "I posted a picture (of a wide receiver on social media), and he told me, stop sucking this manís private. So Iím like, 'Whoa.' Iím like, 'Hold up.' Where Iím from, that donít fly. Cause I wouldnít say that to him. I wouldnít say to him to stop you know what to Bill Belichick. I wouldnít do that. Thatís just not me as a man. Thatís disrespectful to me and so from there on it was done with."
    via https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...ia/2881160001/

Follow to what incident in year one set Slay off.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    via https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...ia/2881160001/

Follow to what incident in year one set Slay off.
    oh my

so basically Hungry Howie Patricia said "who do you think you are? back of the line, pal"

Some coaches get the best out of their players.....others tell them to stop sucking dick.

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Some coaches get the best out of their players.....others tell them to stop sucking dick.
    it just goes to show how many people have important jobs that should've never been hired at that position in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Naturally we would hire the one that tell people to stop sucking dick.

More on Fatty P:
    He cussed out Keryon Johnson in front of the whole team because he didnít know what year ford field was constructed

Lmao I actually like Patirica more now lowkey. That is classic entertainment

Patricia has been terrible but has shipped out the players he doesn't want here and brought in all the Pats players that he does. make or break year for sure, i don't think they could survive if they miss the playoffs the fans would go crazy

What makes a good leader will constantly be discussed. There are so many different leadership styles and finding the individuals (players) that mesh well with Matty's leadership style of 'my way or the high way' is key to having a well performing team. These types of stories would be received a lot better if the Lions were actually winning (Patriots and the ridiculous **** we've all read BB do). The fact that they continue to suck though is what makes these types of stories laughable and make you think Matty doesn't know what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    What makes a good leader will constantly be discussed. There are so many different leadership styles and finding the individuals (players) that mesh well with Matty's leadership style of 'my way or the high way' is key to having a well performing team. These types of stories would be received a lot better if the Lions were actually winning (Patriots and the ridiculous **** we've all read BB do). The fact that they continue to suck though is what makes these types of stories laughable and make you think Matty doesn't know what he's doing.
    having one particular leadership style for all players is a problem, you have to be able to manage egos while understanding not everyone responds well to "tough love", and like you said, the Pats have a history of winning so BB's strategy can convince players it works, but a coach without any history takes over a team without any history of winning... it just doesn't work that way

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    having one particular leadership style for all players is a problem, you have to be able to manage egos while understanding not everyone responds well to "tough love", and like you said, the Pats have a history of winning so BB's strategy can convince players it works, but a coach without any history takes over a team without any history of winning... it just doesn't work that way
    ill give him this. the Lions have been losers forever...

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    I think the transition in between styles too was a struggle between Caldwell's softer approach to the Patricia's tough love. I agree that record precedes itself and some dude coming into a group of men trying to act like a hard *** without NFL proven head coach success, especially considering the last game we saw him in was the DC of a defense that was walked all over by the Eagles, is not going to connect with the players. Think of how you feel or felt when some manager comes in with no experience or connection with your team and tries to bark out orders. Same applies here, naturally players are not going to like it. Sure there is levels of accountability on your part to do your job and try to meet the middle ground, and egos seem to be a large issue here between both guys, but ultimately I agree with you you need to be able to adapt if you are the leader. You are a ****** leader if all you do is yell and scream, respect is not given it is earned.

plus a lot of Pats players will say BB is funny off camera

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast