Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Patricia is a hack coach. In no other profession would it be acceptable to tell a guy he isnt good and to quit sucking another man's ****.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Patricia is a hack coach. In no other profession would it be acceptable to tell a guy he isnt good and to quit sucking another man's ****.
    It's not like he is any good either. He wants to run an antiquated scheme, only rushing 3 and dropping 8 while loading the front 7 with gap stuffers offering zero pass rush ability. No pass rush on the outside whatsoever in a league where pass rush is a necessity, btw playing man-to-man a lot. It wasn't until the later half of the season he would even blitz. The whole idea to defend their gap responsibilities even blew up in his face as they were the worst run defense after spending assets to bring in good run defenders like Flowers and Snacks.

Slay is a good corner in whatever you ask him to do but when you give the QB 6 seconds to throw no matter how good you are, you are going to give up some plays. I can't blame him for being frustrated for playing in a scheme like this. On top of it getting yelled at a coach who hasn't proven **** on his own, always having BB on his side.

Yep. The Lions will immediately be better the day Patricia is fired.

It’s always interesting to see different personality dynamics at play. A lot of Pats players were close with Patricia. Evidence there is the number of guys from us that have signed there. But there’s so much different from team to team. Personality wise maybe his sense of humor just doesn’t work like it did in NE. Maybe in NE he was more “good cop” and tried to be “bad cop” in place of BB in DET. Regardless of reason, it’s clearly not working there and DET would have been Smart to move on.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    It’s always interesting to see different personality dynamics at play. A lot of Pats players were close with Patricia. Evidence there is the number of guys from us that have signed there. But there’s so much different from team to team. Personality wise maybe his sense of humor just doesn’t work like it did in NE. Maybe in NE he was more “good cop” and tried to be “bad cop” in place of BB in DET. Regardless of reason, it’s clearly not working there and DET would have been Smart to move on.
    It sounds similar to McDaniels' tenure in Denver. These coaches come in and try to do things "The Patriot way" but have no credibility outside of working for BB. That doesn't resonate well with the team if you're not winning games. When McDaniels started out at 6-0, the team was rallying behind him. But when the team started losing games, the wheels fell off the bus quickly. Denver finished that season 2-8 and went 3-9 the following season before McDaniels was ultimately fired.

I don't mean to offend Lions fans, but their team has a culture of losing so there leash is longer for a guy like Patricia. I honestly believe that if a team hires a Patriots assistant who wants to install "The patriot way", the team needs to give him 5 years to get the roster that he really wants. But NFL teams aren't patient enough to do that, and they all eventually fail as a result.

Eagles are paying Slay the same amount Washington will pay Darby this season.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Eagles are paying Slay the same amount Washington will pay Darby this season.
    It's curious that teams are frontloading contracts recently. The Redskins did it with Kendall Fuller this year, and Landon Collins last year. I guess there are real expectations that the cap will continue to go up exponentially.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    It's curious that teams are frontloading contracts recently. The Redskins did it with Kendall Fuller this year, and Landon Collins last year. I guess there are real expectations that the cap will continue to go up exponentially.
    The Cowboys did it when they initially resigned Tyron Smith. They have since done the same thing with Zeke and Demarcus Lawrence. I believe both Fredrick and Zack Martin were signed to the same kind of contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    I think it's more a win-win for players and teams. Players get their "big money" contract and lots of cash up front from it. Teams take on the majority of the cap hit in one year. But for teams if it doesn't work they can get out of it easier, and for players it gives them the power to get another contract if they start out performing. Additionally for teams with rookie contract QB's, having more upfront means a better chance of keeping the core together longer.

Wouldn't a team want the contract back loaded if they thought the cap was going to increase significantly?

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Wouldn't a team want the contract back loaded if they thought the cap was going to increase significantly?
    That's a good question?

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Darius Slay's contract is heavily back-loaded. That's why his 2020 cap hit is so low.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Darius Slay's contract is heavily back-loaded. That's why his 2020 cap hit is so low.
    I figured that. I was more questioning TT and War's logic. I guess for a team like the Redskins you might want to front load the contracts to get to the cap floor while you're in the middle of a massive rebuild. Then you'd have tons of money to spend to fill out your team in the event that the cap does go up significantly.

But if you believe your team can compete now, then it wouldn't really make sense to front load the contracts.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789