Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sawyer Hartley Fired From The Flash Over Past Racist/Misogynistic Tweets

Actor Hartley Sawyer has been fired from The Flash after a host of his tweets containing misogynist and racist references were surfaced in the past week.

The tweets, all from before he joined The CW series, make references to sexual assault and contain racist and homophobic language. Sawyer's Twitter account has been deleted, but screenshots of the old posts have circulated online in the past two weeks. His firing also comes amid nationwide protests against systemic racism in the wake of George Floyd's May 25 death in Minneapolis.

"Hartley Sawyer will not be returning for season seven of The Flash," reads a statement from The CW, producers Warner Bros. TV and Berlanti Productions and executive producer Eric Wallace. "In regards to Mr. Sawyer's posts on social media, we do not tolerate derogatory remarks that target any race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, or sexual orientation. Such remarks are antithetical to our values and polices, which strive and evolve to promote a safe, inclusive and productive environment for our workforce."
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...urface-1297483

some crazy ****. its gonna be crazy, I wonder what they are going to do with the character

His character sucked anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    His character sucked anyways.
    Yup. Definitely at the bottom of my list of current favorite Flash characters. I don't like Sisqo either.

Only ones I've disliked more are Kid Flash and Nora.

Kid Flash was the absolute worst. Just a whiny little *****. Nora was annoying.
    Last edited by goingfor28; 06-13-2020 at 04:41 PM.

his character may have sucked but, it was still a major character of the show, she had the whole side mission with that Sue Dearborn, he was promoted to protector of CC just before Crisis, he had a lot of major things going on and now that Hartley has been fired, its going to be interesting to see what they are going to do. Are they going to recast the part? Are they just going to cut the part out completely?

Be best if they just recast it.

Oh and Kid flash was the most useless character, that dude been trying to find himself for 5 seasons now.

Why recast him, stetching was hardly a superpower!

They already recast batwoman with a black actress.

They already recast batwoman with a black actress.
    Batwoman sucked. Watched about 3 episodes and that was more than enough.

Never watched an episode, but I do liked what they were doing, I also donít watch supergirl either.

Never watched an episode, but I do liked what they were doing, I also donít watch supergirl either.
    Only supergirl episodes I've watched are when they did the arrow/flash/legends/supergirl/batwoman crossovers.

Arrow is hands down my favorite. Loved Oliver Queen's character, the shoot first ask questions later attitude, and the supporting cast of Diggle, Thea, the Canaries, Felicity, Lance, Mia etc was really solid imo.

Arrow went downhill after like the 3rd season, watch till the end, but was just hated that the same villains will show up over and over, best thing was the last Cannary they brought in she is ****ing gorgeous.

Arrow went downhill after like the 3rd season, watch till the end, but was just hated that the same villains will show up over and over, best thing was the last Cannary they brought in she is ****ing gorgeous.
    Just about every main female character on that show was extremely good looking.

I got tired with Green Arrow around season 3. I grew tired of everyone going to the pit and coming back to life. I think when I stopped watching was when he brought his sister back.

I was never a huge fan to begin with. It is/was always one of my favorite DC characters, but he is much different in the comics, and that is the version I like.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Just about every main female character on that show was extremely good looking.
    Yeah they all were pretty, but she is drop dead gorgeous and is thicker than the other ones that were mostly skinny except for Felicity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast