Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    So which one signs with the Raiders first now, Kirkpatrick or Dennard?

Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    The one who plays well in press man coverage like Apple. I think Apple backed out because he now knows that the Raiders wanna draft a corner in the 1st round. It would be a big mistake in my opinion. Apple and Mullen would've given the Raiders two excellent press man corners well suited for Guenther's scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    The one who plays well in press man coverage like Apple. I think Apple backed out because he now knows that the Raiders wanna draft a corner in the 1st round. It would be a big mistake in my opinion. Apple and Mullen would've given the Raiders two excellent press man corners well suited for Guenther's scheme.
    If that's how you feel it was a great idea to cut him lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vallejo Raiders View Post
    If that's how you feel it was a great idea to cut him lol
    Really? So we should have one corner that plays press man well like Mullen and one who plays zone whenever we go into cover 1 or 2, so that the Zone corner can bump his man like he's supposed to.

Really? So we should have one corner that plays press man well like Mullen and one who plays zone whenever we go into cover 1 or 2, so that the Zone corner can bump his man like he's supposed to.
    Some can be taught

Man coverage is like speed - harder to teach.

Draft man coverage athletes

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post
    Some can be taught

Man coverage is like speed - harder to teach.

Draft man coverage athletes
    Why teach when you're allowed backups? Every team should have two of each press man and zone. When you switch coverages you just bring in the right pair of corners for that coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    Randall. Damarious Randall. Agreed to 1 year deal.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-year-contract

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffjett View Post
    Randall. Damarious Randall. Agreed to 1 year deal.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-year-contract
    "Randall was inconsistent against the pass and allowed a 120.0 quarterback rating on 42 targets in his direction, per Pro Football Reference."

I'm trying to be optimistic here, but it seems like this is another person who fell off for whatever reason and the Raiders are hoping to somehow help him get back to good-to-above-average form. I never liked having too many free agent projects on a team that is still trying to build a system and find its identity. Hoping for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    "Randall was inconsistent against the pass and allowed a 120.0 quarterback rating on 42 targets in his direction, per Pro Football Reference."

I'm trying to be optimistic here, but it seems like this is another person who fell off for whatever reason and the Raiders are hoping to somehow help him get back to good-to-above-average form. I never liked having too many free agent projects on a team that is still trying to build a system and find its identity. Hoping for the best.
    I agree too many projects is not wise. Especially when our defense already lacks. Randall has always had a nose for the football. Last year doesn't concern me only because Freddie Kitchin was a pretender as a head coach. He misused Randall and played head games with him. I believe Freddie slammed him in the media about him not wanting to practice in the cold. Pretty shady move by a head coach. Randall obviously denied that said any issues should be handled internally not in the press. He took high road IMO. Freddie lost a few players mentally last year. This to me is more a player who needs a fresh start, not a project.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post

I didn't watch a ton of Browns games so if anyone knows for certain please enlighten. Ive read he was always a free safety through career in College. Packers made him a CB and it failed. Was traded and plan was to use him as a FS but he ended up playing SS this last season as they had a need. Looked good against us in 2018 when he was being played at FS genuine centre fielder had a nice pick on Carr reading sideline pass. 4.4 guy so has the range and speed to cover deep passing O's like KC's.

I would rather have kept Apple. Randall is primarily a runstopping safety who lacks size just like Joseph.
    Last edited by erickench; 04-03-2020 at 08:17 AM.

I would rather have kept Apple. Randall is primarily a runstopping safety who lacks size just like Joseph.
    Interesting we traded safeties with the browns.

Comment from the draft by our now GM:

"Randall is what today's free safety is all about. He is by far the best cover safety in this draft. Randall can play man-to-man; he has cornerback-level cover skills. You give up some physicality, but his coverage ability is where the NFL is going. Remember Jimmie Ward was a first-rounder last year (to the 49ers) with a similar skill set." -- Mike Mayock

Hey, I look at it with the fact that they know damn well that the secondary was a disaster. Bring people in that have experience. It can't get any worse, especially after last year. My only concern is Randall is not good run stopper, or so they say. I know our secondary was very poor at tackling. Like I've said, can't get any worse.

You are touting this way too much, today's NFL often mixes coverages with one guy in a press coverage on the WR1 and the rest in zone. Additionally, just because a guy excels at press, doesn't mean he cant play zone.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast