Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    This is a very calculated smart move by Pace. He brings in the competition to light a fire under Trubisky.

I think there is no starter set in stone. Nagy will go with the best QB in training camp. Will that be Foles or Trubisky we will see. I doubt Nagy will roll with Mitch if Fole's is lighting it up in training camp and Mitch is not.

Foles may have been our best option. Gives us the real QB completion we need to see if Mitch is a bust and if he is Foles provides the spark for this team with it's great defense to take us to the playoffs. Only worry with Foles is his injury history. Hopefully we can add some quality linemen before the season kicks off

I think there is a decent chance Trubisky takes the challenge on and comes out on top and does well in the 2020 season but would not be surprised to see Foles take the starting job day 1 and take us to the playoffs and using Trubisky as a backup which will be very good if Foles gets hurt.

Very good signing in my opinion.

My prediction for 2020 season : 12-4

Once we see what Cam and Dalton get, we'll have a better idea of how good this trade was. Personally, I love this trade. Bears couldn't have gotten a better suited QB with that pick, especially considering their might not be a training camp or ota. Plus, it might be a one year deal.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-...ck-foles-9898/

If this is updated, it looks like $15.6 million nearly fully guaranteed is the restructure with no guaranteed money after this year.

When NFL teams trade, the trading team has to eat all the signing bonus money. That's why he came here with only 3 million guaranteed. But his yearly salary was still whatever it was. Just now we don't owe him the guaranteed signing bonus money.

I would have like to have gotten a draft pick in this trade.

Oh well, there is legit QB competition now.

https://youtu.be/1LuXoXv9Cow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just read this

ESPN reported the Bears were able to rework Folesí contract shortly after finalizing the trade. What doesnít change is that he has $20.125 million remaining in guaranteed money. Whatís likely is the Bears were able to lower his salary cap number, which was to be $15.5 million for 2020, shifting some of it to 2021. The bottom line is the Bears have Foles for this season at $20 million guaranteed ó a little more than what they paid Mike Glennon in 2017 ó and they can decide what they want to do with him for 2021 and beyond. The Jaguars, meanwhile, wound up paying Foles $30 million for all of four starts, making it one of the worst free-agent contracts in recent history.

Worst part of the trade is going to have to hear in every interview him thanking god for his performance. I don't know why football players think god gives a crap about how they play football.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    Worst part of the trade is going to have to hear in every interview him thanking god for his performance. I don't know why football players think god gives a crap about how they play football.
    Nah, heís thanking god for that BDE.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    Because he plays football and athletes are egotistical. Anyways, I donít really care what players or people believe. Go out and perform and say whatever religious things you feel. I donít have to agree. At least heís not a scumbag. People pay way too much attention to the comments and opinions of athletes and celebs.

Agree with ya there. Don't care what they believe and Foles is genuinely a good guy. Just annoys me in sports when athletes praise god for their performance. If his belief in god is guna get us a Superbowl that's all that matters.

Oh brother

https://youtu.be/miQgx1wlejE

Sucks we had to give up a 4th for Foles, while the Ravens got Campbell, far superior player, for a 5th. Oh well. Nagy and Pace have their guy, they have no more excuses, make or break; likely the latter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BDN is good for the Bears. It will come down to health but he's a great fit. If Bears make the playoffs, Pace and Nagy stay and get a chance to draft a guy for the future to sit and learn for a year or two before cutting bait with Foles. Assuming the season happens and everything doesn't go to ****.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast