Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I sincerely hope you're right.

Frankly, I'm just happy to move on from Mitch.
    Yep. I believe Foles can at least be competent.

Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    No chance we took on the money and if we did then for sure this season without a SB shot Pace is gone.

However for the high IQ most of you have in all things Bears how on gods earth does this shock you remotely?

Pace NEEDS and WANTS Mitch to prove people wrong. I have felt about 95% certain the Bears would find a back up that would not make us claw at walls to have him start, but if Mitch did falter he was at least a hell of allot better then Daniels.

This is about as Chicago Bears QB textbook as it gets so I am neither upset nor excited (obviously).
    If Foles is not starting week 1, then this is a wasted move.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    If Foles is not starting week 1, then this is a wasted move.
    Honestly I'd prob. put my left foot that Foles is def. not starting week 1.

Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Im attempting to trade down one of those 2 2nd rounders to get some draft captial back to take a mid round reciever and some line depth.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    Probably has to happen at this point.

We won't have a pick until the 5th round after those 2's.

Makes no sense to give up a decent pick and (unless reported later) take on that kind of cap hit for a backup.

That's a bad trade if that's the case.

I like the move....Foles is a "solid" NFL QB, with a ring and leadership ability. The Bears will say that they will compete and may the best man win....and that's the way it should be!

This is more of a Nagy move to me. With jobs on the line, I don't think Pace is as concerned about proving everyone wrong about Mitch. But we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Makes no sense to give up a decent pick and (unless reported later) take on that kind of cap hit for a backup.

That's a bad trade if that's the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    This is more of a Nagy move to me. With jobs on the line, I don't think Pace is as concerned about proving everyone wrong about Mitch. But we'll see.

This is about as Bear as it gets.

I really really wanna be wrong and unless somehow Nagy truly has the reigns yes, I very well could see this being the guy.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    dont mind foles..... As long as we can get out of the contract without a ton of dead money. Hate that we gave up our comp pick for him though Already so little draft capital.

Well Mitch officially has a real chance to win this camp battle though. if he looses though.... Foles surely isnt the answer

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Over under 6.5 games before Foles becomes the starter lmao this GM canít draft QBs and doubles down on his mistakes.

At least this will be Paceís last season too, too bad he left us on the hook for terrible contracts, limited draft capital and limited upside

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    dont mind foles..... As long as we can get out of the contract without a ton of dead money. Hate that we gave up our comp pick for him though Already so little draft capital.

Well Mitch officially has a real chance to win this camp battle though. if he looses though.... Foles surely isnt the answer
    His deal has an out after this season, with $6M in dead money. That's it.

If he stinks, then it's easy to move on. I don't have crazy high expectations, but given his familiarity with this offense, I think he's definitely a better option than Mitch.

Is JAX paying him that $18M this year? If so that means the Bears are on the hook for how much, I'm a little unclear about this.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Is JAX paying him that $18M this year? If so that means the Bears are on the hook for how much, I'm a little unclear about this.
    from what it sounds like the bears are on the hook for 3..... however since they may be restructuring his deal he probably will have some of that $ owed latter moved into this year.

-Rem Koolhaas

im just surprised with what 3 QBs clearly on the market.... Foles cost us our 4th. Cam may end up released ? Dalton probably gets traded but to who now?

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    His cap hit is just under $16M. I hope they take on some of it. IIRC, they have to pay his remaining bonus though, because it was a signing bonus.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast