Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    I feel bad for our championship caliber defense. We look forward to another year of crappy QB play.. then again thatís all theyíve known this century...
    I don't love Foles but he's good with pro at least

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    He's a slow processor, accuracy is spotty (especially short and intermediate), and he's more inexperienced than you'd like. I still like him because there's big upside there and his arm strength is elite.
    he also only has a year of starting. that will probably scare some people though because so was Mitch

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    he also only has a year of starting. that will probably scare some people though because so was Mitch
    He has 2 years of starting. He started as a Freshman at Georgia. He lost his job in 2017 because he got hurt.

He didn't play at all in 2018.

Bears Trade for QB Nick Foles

I need sports

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I know this debate keeps raging on But follow the money.... you were not getting a competent level of QB for less than what foles is making this year. Any one who could potentially start for this team was going to be at least the 15 million + we are paying foles this year. And in all honestly a 15 million dollar test year to see if he works out isnt that bad all things considered. But the follow the money bit. he is set to make 5 mil more than mitch this year. I mean you want to play follow the money game there was no way mitch was starting over Glennon either.

Its going to be a comp. I personally hope mitch wins because of his upside. But if he doesn't step up its foles job.

-Rem Koolhaas

The second Mitch ****s up a simple RPO play in practice or doesn't diagnose a defense correctly, or isn't explaining his decisions or reads well enough to the coaching staff, he's toast. I do believe it will be a competition if he's in fact on the roster, but I do not believe he's going to have a lot of wriggle room. I believe they give him a lot of reps in the pre-season (more than Foles), and he needs to make the most of it. If he can't carve up pre-season defenses against backups, Foles will be the starter.

That's how I'd play it at least. In the pre-season, I'd start Foles and have him go against the ones, but only sparingly. Then give Mitch a bunch of reps and see if you could notice any sign of improvement and mental understanding.

I wonder what Nagy will do in preseason. He sat every friggin starter last preseason and got a lot of grief for it, especially for sitting Trubisky. If there is to be a legitimate competition at QB it will be interesting to see what happens in the preseason. I would at least hope there is some realization the the starters should get some preseason reps.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    The second Mitch ****s up a simple RPO play in practice or doesn't diagnose a defense correctly, or isn't explaining his decisions or reads well enough to the coaching staff, he's toast. I do believe it will be a competition if he's in fact on the roster, but I do not believe he's going to have a lot of wriggle room. I believe they give him a lot of reps in the pre-season (more than Foles), and he needs to make the most of it. If he can't carve up pre-season defenses against backups, Foles will be the starter.

That's how I'd play it at least. In the pre-season, I'd start Foles and have him go against the ones, but only sparingly. Then give Mitch a bunch of reps and see if you could notice any sign of improvement and mental understanding.
    I agree the leash will be very short and Mitch will see a bunch of preseason time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    I wonder what Nagy will do in preseason. He sat every friggin starter last preseason and got a lot of grief for it, especially for sitting Trubisky. If there is to be a legitimate competition at QB it will be interesting to see what happens in the preseason. I would at least hope there is some realization the the starters should get some preseason reps.
    With potentially lacking im training camp. I would bet he would have to play the pre season.... basically just for reps sake.

-Rem Koolhaas

Even as backup, $8M per isnít too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415