Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I wouldn't be offended by a 2nd round pick going towards a developmental QB so long as it's the right QB. If they take grab Eason, or Love falls, great. Anyone else, and I think it's a mistake.
    I’d be ok with Love, Eason, or Hurts.

If Love were to fall to the end of the 1st, like Lamar did a couple years ago, I wouldn't hesitate to move up. Despite him needing to sit for a season, maybe two, his upside is right there with Burrow and Tua IMO.

I actually think he goes in the top 10 though.

I'd take Eason, but I've soured a little bit on him. Still like his upside, but there's definitely some stuff to iron out there, and I'm not convinced he'd fit very well with Nagy's style of offense.

I wouldn't take Hurts that high.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    If Love were to fall to the end of the 1st, like Lamar did a couple years ago, I wouldn't hesitate to move up. Despite him needing to sit for a season, maybe two, his upside is right there with Burrow and Tua IMO.

I actually think he goes in the top 10 though.

I'd take Eason, but I've soured a little bit on him. Still like his upside, but there's definitely some stuff to iron out there, and I'm not convinced he'd fit very well with Nagy's style of offense.

I wouldn't take Hurts that high.
    Why have you soured on him? Just curious. I have no clue about him besides he has a cannon.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Eason throws one of the prettier balls you'll see. The ball just shoots out of his hand. The arm talent is incredible. I'm also pretty impressed with his footwork. Other than that, I don't know too much about him. I haven't watched him much.

This is all I need to see to want eason

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Why have you soured on him? Just curious. I have no clue about him besides he has a cannon.

He's a slow processor, accuracy is spotty (especially short and intermediate), and he's more inexperienced than you'd like. I still like him because there's big upside there and his arm strength is elite.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Doesn’t have to be hurts but for whatever reason, I think he’s going to be a good pro. Great in the pocket, can run, good arm, great leader. He’s struggling to read defenses right now, as most are his age. But either way, I think pace and Nagy are taking a QB in the 2nd.
    You literally basically describe mitch here. And FWIW Hurts accuracy sucks.

Look i get it if u don't want to trust in Mitch. But the reacions of some of u even him being on the roster bothers u shows me its not about football its just a personal hatred for the guy.

Truth

None of these 2nd round QBs can likely start year 1. More likely to be Kizer that anything. And as a team with a limited defensive window u cant just hope this 2nd round pick can be good enough.

Mitch right now is better than any of them will be next year.

And as far as potential. Eason is the only guy i could kinda get behind Because I do see some potential with him. Otherwise I would honestly just wait and draft a Gordon.... or James Morgan. But we also have other needs much worse.

And FWIW on keeping 3 which i hear we wont all the time. I honestly would not be surprised to see it. Roster size is up to 55 this year instead of 53. I could easily see us using one of those 2 extra on a QB. Because Weather its Foles.... Mitch or Neither developing a QB to be a backup is probably a good idea anyway just so we can ditch the other guy and have one available.

But if Neither Mitch nor Foles works out. Go all in in the draft next year. A future with Hurts or Fromm as QB is depressing. And as far as Love. somebody is taking him in the firsr. And honestly I could see Eason going higher than expected too.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

He's a slow processor, accuracy is spotty (especially short and intermediate), and he's more inexperienced than you'd like. I still like him because there's big upside there and his arm strength is elite.
    Let him sit for a year or so and iron that stuff out. If he becomes something, you extend the competitive window another few years while he’s on his rookie deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    You literally basically describe mitch here. And FWIW Hurts accuracy sucks.

Look i get it if u don't want to trust in Mitch. But the reacions of some of u even him being on the roster bothers u shows me its not about football its just a personal hatred for the guy.

Truth

None of these 2nd round QBs can likely start year 1. More likely to be Kizer that anything. And as a team with a limited defensive window u cant just hope this 2nd round pick can be good enough.

Mitch right now is better than any of them will be next year.

And as far as potential. Eason is the only guy i could kinda get behind Because I do see some potential with him. Otherwise I would honestly just wait and draft a Gordon.... or James Morgan. But we also have other needs much worse.

And FWIW on keeping 3 which i hear we wont all the time. I honestly would not be surprised to see it. Roster size is up to 55 this year instead of 53. I could easily see us using one of those 2 extra on a QB. Because Weather its Foles.... Mitch or Neither developing a QB to be a backup is probably a good idea anyway just so we can ditch the other guy and have one available.

But if Neither Mitch nor Foles works out. Go all in in the draft next year. A future with Hurts or Fromm as QB is depressing. And as far as Love. somebody is taking him in the firsr. And honestly I could see Eason going higher than expected too.

You're not getting it. For one, Mitch is done here. The writing is on the wall. Second, we KNOW Mitch can't read defenses. To say I'm describing Mitch when talking about Hurts, is basically like saying I'm talking about pretty much every QB prospect. How many young QBs scouting reports are labeling guys a master of reading overages and going through progressions? It's a weak point of most prospects if you want to be honest. Third, let's not pretend like Hurts isn't an even better athlete and runner than Mitch, that probably throws a better ball. Way more experience, especially on the bigger stage. Hurts really isn't all like Mitch at all.

Mitch starting week 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    You're not getting it. For one, Mitch is done here. The writing is on the wall. Second, we KNOW Mitch can't read defenses. To say I'm describing Mitch when talking about Hurts, is basically like saying I'm talking about pretty much every QB prospect. How many young QBs scouting reports are labeling guys a master of reading overages and going through progressions? It's a weak point of most prospects if you want to be honest. Third, let's not pretend like Hurts isn't an even better athlete and runner than Mitch, that probably throws a better ball. Way more experience, especially on the bigger stage. Hurts really isn't all like Mitch at all.
    what writing. I litereally keep hearing this come out of peoples mouths but it doesnt make sense. What the **** changed from 5 weeks ago when we talked about competition and now. Outside of Damn and Bibbers screaming it over and over again. There is nothing to go on that says that Mitch wont at least be on the roster. Except for a bunch of Babbies crying that they dont want to see him anymore. Im not even saying that MItch will be starting like Stunner. but to think that Foles is any more than a competition level player. Come on and get your head out of your *****. If we had signed Brady.... or traded a bunch for Carr. Fine. But you act like this scenario is much diferent than the Tannahill one and its basically exactly the same. they gave up a 4th for a guy to come in and potentially replace Moriota. We did bascially the same. So why everyone thinks that Foles is the sure fire starter is beyond me?

We have what one report from Bears blogs who claims he was on the trade block, another claiming that Teddy didnt accept our offer because it was a competition. No other insider is also backing the claims made by Bears Blog either. So u can keep reading into it if you want. WE all knew the bears were looking for a QB to compete for weeks. Since the combine we knew Dalton might be an option. I just dont get the Sudden change in demeanor of people. Is it that you want to show support for Foles.

For **** sake if foles cant beat out mitch WTF are we looking at at QB anyway. either a Better Mitch or a Really bad foles.

As far as Hurts. If you really think he throws a better ball then I cant take your evaluation of a QB seriously. Hurts has Moriota writen all over him. And that is really bad. Yes he might be more athletic. But he really is so bad at throwing the football.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Mitch is also awful in the pocket.

He wasn’t that bad in the pocket in 18 idk what made him regress that big last year tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hearing he's a slow processor scares the hell outta me.

Click here to register!

I feel bad for our championship caliber defense. We look forward to another year of crappy QB play.. then again that’s all they’ve known this century...

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast