Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    I predict a big season for A Rob because Foles a wizard of throwing the lob ball and thatís A Robís strength too. When they get their chemistry down look out. Itís something that Jimmy G is good at too. Foles love throwing the basketball lob to the guys who can jump and his touch on that pass is amazing. Itíll also reveal to us what we have in Miller. No more hiding or blaming Mitch for Miller. Foles does a great job in spreading the ball around and making the defense honest. I love Nick and to someone mentioning his belief. I love that even more and heís not thanking God because of the outcome but heís thanking God for the ďGod-givenĒ ability to play the game and keeping him in every situation rather good or bad. So he glorifies God because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    https://theathletic.com/1685010/2020...shared-article
    Take a 7th for Mitch and be done with it.
    Oh I don't like that. The thing that scares me is that Foles can opt out after one year. So Bears trade mitch for a 7th, Foles plays well and opts out for a potentially huge contract... then bears do what?

Not saying keeping mitch is the answer as this is his final year under contract, but if Foles is or isn't the guy, getting rid of mitch leaves nada behind Foles. If the injury concerns are really that high on Foles, cannot get rid of mitch this season no matter what... unless they get someone young with potential

Crap why was I confusing Jax with Philly? Lol....yes youíre right. He was QB coach in philly, then was OC in Minny and Jax. Clearly not cut out to be an OC but heís a great QB coach.

We gain nothing from cutting him and a 7th is nothing. There's no cap space to recup. Wouldn't we be in line for a decent comp pick next year letting him go?

Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    I predict a big season for A Rob because Foles a wizard of throwing the lob ball and thatís A Robís strength too. When they get their chemistry down look out. Itís something that Jimmy G is good at too. Foles love throwing the basketball lob to the guys who can jump and his touch on that pass is amazing. Itíll also reveal to us what we have in Miller. No more hiding or blaming Mitch for Miller. Foles does a great job in spreading the ball around and making the defense honest. I love Nick and to someone mentioning his belief. I love that even more and heís not thanking God because of the outcome but heís thanking God for the ďGod-givenĒ ability to play the game and keeping him in every situation rather good or bad. So he glorifies God because of it.

I think I'm more excited for Miller. Feels like so many plays over the last 2 years where he's open deep and Mitch just checks down anyway. Foles shouldn't miss those reads near as much.

Yeah, you could make it a conditional 7th imo. For me, the only debate is, are you okay with a UDFA/some other dork you can get for the minimum as your backup QB? I think I am, but otherwise, even if you do trade Mitch, you need to sign a new backup. Mitch trade only saves like, 4.5, so a good chunk of that would go into whoever we pay as the backup. With that said, I don't believe this team is going anywhere with Mitch at the helm anyway, and we need as much space as possible, so **** it, right? I mean, I guess they could also draft a late round QB like the Jags did with Minshew. But the odds are whoever we take would suck in the likely event Foles gets hurt.

Also where does everyone see some of the QBs going now? Dalton's been connected to NE a lot, and he's probably still the favorite to end up there. Where does Cam go now? Chargers would make sense sorta, but there were reports they weren't planning on paying a vet.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Yeah, you could make it a conditional 7th imo. For me, the only debate is, are you okay with a UDFA/some other dork you can get for the minimum as your backup QB? I think I am, but otherwise, even if you do trade Mitch, you need to sign a new backup. Mitch trade only saves like, 4.5, so a good chunk of that would go into whoever we pay as the backup. With that said, I don't believe this team is going anywhere with Mitch at the helm anyway, and we need as much space as possible, so **** it, right? I mean, I guess they could also draft a late round QB like the Jags did with Minshew. But the odds are whoever we take would suck in the likely event Foles gets hurt.

Also where does everyone see some of the QBs going now? Dalton's been connected to NE a lot, and he's probably still the favorite to end up there. Where does Cam go now? Chargers would make sense sorta, but there were reports they weren't planning on paying a vet.
    I'm assuming they'll draft someone, maybe later in the draft though, since they really need starters with those early picks. Drafting a QB been mentioned a lot by Adam Jahns and again today by Jeff Hughes (DaBearsBlog), so they probably know something.

Anthony Gordon is an interesting day 3 target. Comes from the same system Minshew was in and looked pretty good at the Senior Bowl.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 03-18-2020 at 10:51 PM.

I think I'm more excited for Miller. Feels like so many plays over the last 2 years where he's open deep and Mitch just checks down anyway. Foles shouldn't miss those reads near as much.
    Feels like Miller is always open in that 10-20 yard range and Mitch always misses him. I think Foles should help.

Last edited by DamnGoat; 03-18-2020 at 11:42 PM.

Actions speak louder than words. I can't wait for the day when every sports fan learns that and stops using wishy washy press conference excerpts as evidence for their opinions.

Also Cohen is stupid and last year completely soured me on him. Idk hopefully he can be more like his 2018 self, but I think a lot of that was probably a result of the unsustainable production from the screen game we had going. Shame, cause he's really talented in theory, just no vision or IQ with the ball in his hands.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 03-19-2020 at 12:06 AM.

Jacksonville swallowed a lot of money, they were going to get at least a fifth maybe a fourth to eat that much cash. He's kinda the perfect choice, good enough to push Mitch, not so known to kill his confidence, familiar with the system and staff, able to sign to basically a two year deal. If mitch is better than him, Mitch is a starting NFL QB. If not, we drop Mitch next year, draft a QB, and have Foles to carry us/mentor the new guy for a year instead of throwing him into the fire.

We got a guy who may be our starting QB for a fourth and guys are complaining, lol. With a Superbowl pedigree and success in a similar system. Did anybody REALLY want to take a chance on Dalton, Winston, or Newton at probably more money and probably a pick cost too? I can see Winston being an absolute disaster for awhile, in a new system with no off season. After Carr was off the table, the rest of the options weren't great.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 03-19-2020 at 01:03 AM.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by hester23fan4va View Post
    Oh I don't like that. The thing that scares me is that Foles can opt out after one year. So Bears trade mitch for a 7th, Foles plays well and opts out for a potentially huge contract... then bears do what?

Not saying keeping mitch is the answer as this is his final year under contract, but if Foles is or isn't the guy, getting rid of mitch leaves nada behind Foles. If the injury concerns are really that high on Foles, cannot get rid of mitch this season no matter what... unless they get someone young with potential
    So Im not one for giving up on Mitch.... because Im willing to give him a shot. All of these guys IMO over reacting saying things like Mitch cant get miller the ball. Miller had some games guys. Miller was also hurt for the first portion of the year. Got Weirdly benched week 8/9/10/12 playing less than 60% of snaps. Lots of issues there with miller. Some Mitch. Some Miller and Some coaching staff keeping our 2nd best receiver off the feild for no apparent reason.

But if Foles does start. it means you have given up on mitch. Your not paying mitch coming out of his contract if he was not the starter the year b4. You would probably sign a Dalton who may be a FA... a Cam.... or just go ahead and draft somebody. the truth is if Foles works out and he opts out u pay him. I dont expect this But keeping mitch in case Foles leaves is the last of anyones worries IMO.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    We gain nothing from cutting him and a 7th is nothing. There's no cap space to recup. Wouldn't we be in line for a decent comp pick next year letting him go?
    only if somebody pays him.

-Rem Koolhaas

we should just keep Mitch. Weather you like him or not... you cant deny he is an OK quality backup at worst right. Foles does have some injury history. And your not getting better in FA.... and probably not the draft unless you draft a guy in the 2nd (which i pray doesnt happen)

Im still saying let mitch try and beat out foles. If he can great. if he cant Fine. Either way you have a good quality backup.

-Rem Koolhaas

I'm assuming they'll draft someone, maybe later in the draft though, since they really need starters with those early picks. Drafting a QB been mentioned a lot by Adam Jahns and again today by Jeff Hughes (DaBearsBlog), so they probably know something.

Anthony Gordon is an interesting day 3 target. Comes from the same system Minshew was in and looked pretty good at the Senior Bowl.
    Personally I think Gordon goes day 2. I could be wrong but he has looked solid. And Personally i look at him over a guy like Hurts.

As far as jahns.... I have allways felt he was a bit of a Hot head using feelings and instincts (which he has few of) more than facts and reporting. Hoge has allways been a little more level headed. Jahns may just personally be in love with Hughes and keeps bringing his name up without any actual evidence to support it.

-Rem Koolhaas

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast