Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hester23fan4va View Post
    yeah, but what other options did they have?

Dalton who doesn't know the system and hasn't won crap in the post season and is older than Foles. His contract would be moved fully with $17m... so he could potentially want a new contract before suiting up.
    Cam who just had surgery 4 months ago and has been beaten up for years and doesn't know the system. His contract is high too and expiring after 2021, so he'd probably want a ridiculous contract.

I keep seeing people hating on this, but a 4th is a good value for a potentially starting qb. if the bears drafted a qb in the 4th he would not expect to be a starter. Any other trade could cost more capital, which everyone agrees Bears do not have enough of. Money, yeah, that's a bit high but considering the market, who else is out there that could step in this season to legitimately compete for less?

Teddy got $63m and $33m guaranteed over 3 years. He's a couple years younger, but I'd rather pay Foles than gamble on Teddy. Yes he played great for 5 games last year, other than that, what else has he done over the past few seasons.

It was either Foles, Dalton, or Cam. Let's see the contracts for those guys and then we'll know how the Bears faired
    This all seems reasonable. I think foles If he stays healthy is going to win a lot of games with this D. Assuming of course the OL gets addressed which you have to imagine it will.

yeah, but what other options did they have?

Dalton who doesn't know the system and hasn't won crap in the post season and is older than Foles. His contract would be moved fully with $17m... so he could potentially want a new contract before suiting up.
    Cam who just had surgery 4 months ago and has been beaten up for years and doesn't know the system. His contract is high too and expiring after 2021, so he'd probably want a ridiculous contract.

I keep seeing people hating on this, but a 4th is a good value for a potentially starting qb. if the bears drafted a qb in the 4th he would not expect to be a starter. Any other trade could cost more capital, which everyone agrees Bears do not have enough of. Money, yeah, that's a bit high but considering the market, who else is out there that could step in this season to legitimately compete for less?

Teddy got $63m and $33m guaranteed over 3 years. He's a couple years younger, but I'd rather pay Foles than gamble on Teddy. Yes he played great for 5 games last year, other than that, what else has he done over the past few seasons.

It was either Foles, Dalton, or Cam. Let's see the contracts for those guys and then we'll know how the Bears faired
    My point in that post was he's not going to be a backup with the price they paid to acquire him (as some people here think). If he is, then this organization is dumber than I thought.

Last edited by DamnGoat; 03-18-2020 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Makes zero sense.

If Pace gave that up for ****ing backup QB, then he should be fired yesterday. For a roster that still needs a RG, S, CB, WR, and plenty of depth elsewhere, you can't commit that kind of money to a non starter.
    So bears don't make this trade... They draft a RG, S, CB, WR and plenty of depth. Then bears are back to last year with Mitch not playing well and the rest of the team willing and able to be dominate. Then everyone in this thread will be like they were last Oct/Nov begging bears to trade for a QB. They have to give up something to get a QB.

What other legit QB is there to challenge Mitch can they get without giving up anything?

Everyone hated on mitch last season. Bears went out and grabbed someone and everyone is upset he isn't good enough and/or gave too much to get him. What QB should the Bears have grabbed? Cam? He's going to want a huge contract. Dalton? also will want a contract. Who else?

So if as Pace said Trubisky is still the 2020 starter and now Foles is the backup, how long is the leash for Trubisky? Getting Foles pretty much cements in my mind Trubisky will be the starter game 1. So how long would it take and how bad would Trubisky have to be before Foles is brought in? Say what you want about Foles career but Trubisky now has a former Super Bowl MVP behind him, not just a clipboard holder like Daniel.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    So if as Pace said Trubisky is still the 2020 starter and now Foles is the backup, how long is the leash for Trubisky? Getting Foles pretty much cements in my mind Trubisky will be the starter game 1. So how long would it take and how bad would Trubisky have to be before Foles is brought in? Say what you want about Foles career but Trubisky now has a former Super Bowl MVP behind him, not just a clipboard holder like Daniel.
    I'd take his words with a grain of salt. I'm pretty certain there will be a QB competition, and I don't think Nagy has Mitch's back the way Pace does. Foles will most likely be the starter week 1.

We have to remember, Pace and Nagy are trying to win now. If they have another bad season then they both could be gone. They can't really afford to trot Mitch back out there and piss away 2-3 games.

Interesting thought... if this COVID stuff doesn't end in the next couple months (estimated to go into July/August) are they even going to have off season workouts, training camps, etc.... makes for a much different off season thats for sure.

Interesting thought... if this COVID stuff doesn't end in the next couple months (estimated to go into July/August) are they even going to have off season workouts, training camps, etc.... makes for a much different off season thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Thatís a fascinating thought. That actually makes me like the Foles grab a bit more if Iím being honest.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    I don't get how you give up a 4th and $21 guaranteed for a backup, but I guess we'll find out if that's the case in a few months..
    I think what people need to realize is we were not in the market for a backup. We were in the market for Starting Compition. Thats a major diference. The Titans didn't go get Tannahill to be a back up just in case Moriotta got hurt. They got him to compete for the starting job... push Moriotta . and When Moriotta Blew it they pivoted.

the 4th round pick is nothing The only reason it bothers me is the lack of draft capital this year. if it was next year i really would not care.

the 21 mil..... also doesnt exactly bother me. The truth is also if there is any chance at all Foles can help mentor Mitch Im sure the bears would view that as a positive. we have to remember that Our QB coach Benched Foles too.

Im just not sold you hand Foles the Keys to this **** Everyone can ***** all they want about Mitch ... But for as much as you *****.... Why don't you then think that Foles would be able to cleaely beat mitch out in an open compitition.

If this happens Fine......... But im unconvinced it will. Im not as high on Foles.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I think what people need to realize is we were not in the market for a backup. We were in the market for Starting Compition. Thats a major diference. The Titans didn't go get Tannahill to be a back up just in case Moriotta got hurt. They got him to compete for the starting job... push Moriotta . and When Moriotta Blew it they pivoted.

the 4th round pick is nothing The only reason it bothers me is the lack of draft capital this year. if it was next year i really would not care.

the 21 mil..... also doesnt exactly bother me. The truth is also if there is any chance at all Foles can help mentor Mitch Im sure the bears would view that as a positive. we have to remember that Our QB coach Benched Foles too.

Im just not sold you hand Foles the Keys to this **** Everyone can ***** all they want about Mitch ... But for as much as you *****.... Why don't you then think that Foles would be able to cleaely beat mitch out in an open compitition.

If this happens Fine......... But im unconvinced it will. Im not as high on Foles.
    Totally missed the point as usual. They acquired him to be the starter. We had a mentor in Chase Daniel. That obviously didn't work. Seems to me the only people *****ing about this are Mitch stans who think he has untapped potential that will be unleashed if we give him the Chiefs supporting cast.

The pick was the last one in the 4th or you could even call it the first one in the 5th if that sounds better.
    This $21M guaranteed is spread out I thought - with opt outs after each year.
    I was under the impression that the Bears were paying Foles $3M+ this year and JAX paid the rest.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    The pick was the last one in the 4th or you could even call it the first one in the 5th if that sounds better.
    This $21M guaranteed is spread out I thought - with opt outs after each year.
    I was under the impression that the Bears were paying Foles $3M+ this year and JAX paid the rest.
    Without knowing the complete restructure details, that is exactly right. We inherit only $3 million in dead space/guarantees. Jax is stuck with that $18 million in dead space already.

I'm not as disappointed as I was this morning, was hoping for any quarterback move and this was my least favorite option. Anything is better than nothing, and I guess knowing the system is pretty big considering everyone might get fired next year if it's another average or worse season.

So what is his cap hit for this upcoming season? Only $3 mil? Dead, space, cap hit, guaranteed money.... Not understanding it all

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast