Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    Why would any team give up anything for Mitch Trubisky? Lets be serious here. No one would want him to start, why the heck would anyone want to trade for him as a backup? No one would give up anything for him. If the Bears eventually let him go someone may sign him as a potential backup but giving up am asset, even a 7th round pick, is dumb.

Great job Pace. Instead of drafting what might end up being the best QB ever you instead pick a guy who isnít worth a 7th round pick. A historical blunder, and when you add to that his other first round beauties (White and Floyd) are gone I am not seeing why people have faith in Pace.
    I agree with you. His first round picks have been beyond terrible...

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Reality.

Itís clear that the team wants someone different. Itís time to accept and move on.
    This.

The beat writers are onto it and if they do draft a QB, thereís no way they keep three. Iíd be down with Jalen Hurts in the 2nd, having him sit behind Foles and developed by Flip. I know heís not without his warts - Not great at reading defenses and could rush some throws, but he has everything else. Burrow wasnít a refined prospect either until this season and Hurts is only 21, compared to Burrow being 24.

I wouldnít be surprised if a QB was the first pick for the Bears. Then trade down with their other 2nd, and trade down again with the 3rd or 4th round pick they receive in the trade down and pick up another 4th or 5th. Pace has also been pretty good at UDFA. For me, as long as they come away with a young QB prospect worth developing, and 2 OL (OG, OT) whether the draft, FA or both, Iíd be pretty content going into the season.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    This.

The beat writers are onto it and if they do draft a QB, thereís no way they keep three. Iíd be down with Jalen Hurts in the 2nd, having him sit behind Foles and developed by Flip. I know heís not without his warts - Not great at reading defenses and could rush some throws, but he has everything else. Burrow wasnít a refined prospect either until this season and Hurts is only 21, compared to Burrow being 24.

I wouldnít be surprised if a QB was the first pick for the Bears. Then trade down with their other 2nd, and trade down again with the 3rd or 4th round pick they receive in the trade down and pick up another 4th or 5th. Pace has also been pretty good at UDFA. For me, as long as they come away with a young QB prospect worth developing, and 2 OL (OG, OT) whether the draft, FA or both, Iíd be pretty content going into the season.
    I agree with this. Although your comment about Hurts struggling to read defenses is a big concern.

I'd rather have Eason than Hurts. He has a much higher ceiling, but they both have pretty low floors.

I'd rather not take a QB that early, but I won't be surprised if Pace does. I'd like to go S & IOL with those first two picks. Antoine Winfield Jr. & either Lloyd Cushenberry, Jonah Jackson, or Matt Hennessy would be my targets. You might be able to move down about 7-8 picks and still get those guys too. As far as QB goes, maybe the Washington State guy (can't remember his name) on day 3.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 03-20-2020 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I'd rather have Eason than Hurts. He has a much higher ceiling, but they both have pretty low floors.

I'd rather not take a QB that early, but I won't be surprised if Pace does. I'd like to go S & IOL with those first two picks. Antoine Winfield Jr. & either Lloyd Cushenberry, Jonah Jackson, or Matt Hennessy would be my targets. You might be able to move down about 7-8 picks and still get those guys too. As far as QB goes, maybe the Washington State guy (can't remember his name) on day 3.
    Doesnít have to be hurts but for whatever reason, I think heís going to be a good pro. Great in the pocket, can run, good arm, great leader. Heís struggling to read defenses right now, as most are his age. But either way, I think pace and Nagy are taking a QB in the 2nd.

Doesnít have to be hurts but for whatever reason, I think heís going to be a good pro. Great in the pocket, can run, good arm, great leader. Heís struggling to read defenses right now, as most are his age. But either way, I think pace and Nagy are taking a QB in the 2nd.
    I think he'll have a decent career. There's plenty to like, but there's some things he does that have to concern you. He has a tendency to drop his eyes in the face of the rush, so he's not looking down field, and he's prone to bailing out sometimes when he doesn't have to. His arm is decent to good, but the accuracy is pretty inconsistent, particularly his ball placement, and he was bailed out a lot at OU thanks to CeeDee Lamb. He can throw some WTF type of picks occasionally too...saw that a few times at OU. As you said too, doesn't work through progressions that well either. I also wonder why he was so mediocre to bad at Alabama, when there's 5 star talent all around him.

OTOH, I like his mobility, seems accurate enough with a clean pocket, mechanics looked okay, seems like a good leader, handled his benching at Alabama really well, has played in a ton of big games, and does feel like a good fit in this system (RPO, zone reads, quick passes, a few deep shots, etc).

I don't hate him as a prospect (and have actually started to like him more than I originally did), but I wouldn't feel comfortable taking him with one of the 2's. Especially since we're still in need of starters & depth at several other positions.

I do agree though, I think they're taking a QB at some point, and I won't be surprised at all if early. I don't agree with that route, but whatever.

I think he'll have a decent career. There's plenty to like, but there's some things he does that have to concern you. He has a tendency to drop his eyes in the face of the rush, so he's not looking down field, and he's prone to bailing out sometimes when he doesn't have to. His arm is decent to good, but the accuracy is pretty inconsistent, particularly his ball placement, and he was bailed out a lot at OU thanks to CeeDee Lamb. He can throw some WTF type of picks occasionally too...saw that a few times at OU. As you said too, doesn't work through progressions that well either. I also wonder why he was so mediocre to bad at Alabama, when there's 5 star talent all around him.

OTOH, I like his mobility, seems accurate enough with a clean pocket, mechanics looked okay, seems like a good leader, handled his benching at Alabama really well, has played in a ton of big games, and does feel like a good fit in this system (RPO, zone reads, quick passes, a few deep shots, etc).

I don't hate him as a prospect (and have actually started to like him more than I originally did), but I wouldn't feel comfortable taking him with one of the 2's. Especially since we're still in need of starters & depth at several other positions.

I do agree though, I think they're taking a QB at some point, and I won't be surprised at all if early. I don't agree with that route, but whatever.
    Yeah this is all true. Then again, I think back to all the concerns with mahomes. People thought he would be a project that would be ugly for a couple of seasons. The air raid offense was another knock on him. Obviously, an extreme example lol

Ideally, they trade back and maybe take a QB in the 3rd or 4th and then maybe draft another one next year. I just think they need to start grooming a legit prospect to take over sooner than later and those guys rarely are drafted after the 2nd, but then you have guys like Dak and Wilson who donít apply to this.

No doubt. QB is such a hard position to evaluate. I think what was most appealing about Mahomes, despite his flaws coming out, was his upside seemed ridiculous. I'm not sure I see that with Hurts, though I was wrong earlier to say he had a low floor. I think he could be pretty steady in the right system.

Anyway, I would like to move back too, but preferably not too far. I like a lot of the prospects that should be there, but if you can pick up an early 3 and a 5 to move back, you have to consider it.

No doubt. QB is such a hard position to evaluate. I think what was most appealing about Mahomes, despite his flaws coming out, was his upside seemed ridiculous. I'm not sure I see that with Hurts, though I was wrong earlier to say he had a low floor. I think he could be pretty steady in the right system.

Anyway, I would like to move back too, but preferably not too far. I like a lot of the prospects that should be there, but if you can pick up an early 3 and a 5 to move back, you have to consider it.
    For sure. Pace definitely needs picks this year. Moving back 10 spots or so and getting a 3rd and 5th could be huge if pace hits on them.

The good thing is we have Foles so any draftee should be able to sit a year or two to learn. That legitimately increases a QB pick's ability.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

For sure. Pace definitely needs picks this year. Moving back 10 spots or so and getting a 3rd and 5th could be huge if pace hits on them.
    which seems to be where Pace has nailed previous picks.

Question,

if fear of foles getting hurt is legit and the probability that Mitch has any trade value is low, why trade him? Even if the Bears draft a QB in the 2nd, everyone would be comfortable riding with a rookie 2nd rounder if Foles gets hurt.

The one major knock ive read in this forum are his injury concerns... so why dump mitch who they're going to have to pay regardless... $9m cap hit

Quote Originally Posted by hester23fan4va View Post
    Question,

if fear of foles getting hurt is legit and the probability that Mitch has any trade value is low, why trade him? Even if the Bears draft a QB in the 2nd, everyone would be comfortable riding with a rookie 2nd rounder if Foles gets hurt.

The one major knock ive read in this forum are his injury concerns... so why dump mitch who they're going to have to pay regardless... $9m cap hit
    If we trade him we only owe about half his cap hit.

I still prefer Raegor in the 2nd if he's still around with one of those picks. Then IOL. I honestly don't mind letting Bush compete for the spot with maybe a later round pick. Possible trade up to get into the 4th instead. Pace has done pretty well with late round safeties, and I just don't think SS is as high priority of a position.

antoine winfield jr

Denzel Mims

Jalen Raegor

best available OL

Either one of those yes in the 2nd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast