Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    FWIW

https://dabearsblog.com/

Nick Foles was acquired by the Chicago Bears on Wednesday. Three thoughts:
    This is not a move meant to excite the fan base. This is move meant to show the fan base that the current starting QB is inadequate. Nobody trades fourth round picks to acquire backups. Foles is the starting quarterback in September.
    I leaked this on Twitter yesterday after trying to hold the information back for a while. The Bears have been trying to trade Mitch Trubisky for weeks. Nobody wants him. I donít see in a competition with Foles moving forward because Iím not convinced Trubisky will stick around.
    Are we really that upset about the Bears giving up fourth round picks to IMPROVE at QUARTERBACK? Foles is not a great player but heís the best QB on the Bears roster by a wide margin.
    I agree with him.

No reason to tether yourself to Mitch any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I agree with him.

As much as I personally want to see Mitch succeed, the clean slate is needed to evaluate the coach and GM questions that we still have IMO.

Trade Mitchell and one of our picks next year since weíre going to have some comps for a 7th to a team that can absorb salary. Thatís all a move at this point would be - a salary dump.

Itís have to be like Mitchell + 2021 4th for 2020 7th or something like that. Someone assumes the risk and is off the hook after this season if he sucks.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    As much as I personally want to see Mitch succeed, the clean slate is needed to evaluate the coach and GM questions that we still have IMO.

Trade Mitchell and one of our picks next year since weíre going to have some comps for a 7th to a team that can absorb salary. Thatís all a move at this point would be - a salary dump.

Itís have to be like Mitchell + 2021 4th for 2020 7th or something like that. Someone assumes the risk and is off the hook after this season if he sucks.
    YOu only save 4.5 mil on trading mitch. You also then need to find a backup and FWIW nobody is taking less than Chase got at 4.5 mil per. And seeing as foles is injury prone you really need a capable backup. And the idea of trading a pick (we desprately need) to get rid of that little cap which we would then turn around and spend on a diferent backup.

It just doesnt make sense.

If Foles wins mitch is your backup. Its whatever.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

$4.5 is valuable to a team that needs some cap relief. There are backups available every year that take less than $2M. Chase Daniel is a major outlier... I have no idea how he keeps getting that kind of money.

$4.5 is valuable to a team that needs some cap relief. There are backups available every year that take less than $2M. Chase Daniel is a major outlier... I have no idea how he keeps getting that kind of money.
    THEY ****ING SUCK MAN. Stop with this ridiculous theory that we are getting somebody who can legitimately lead this team to a .500 record. Your legitimately ok if trevor simion comes in because Foles who has had shoulder issues dating all the way back to HS gets hurt and is out for 8-10 games. I honestly cant take your seriously like this man. You may hate mitch but your not signing anyone for less who can actually play. I mean for **** sake Mike Glennon got 2 ****ing million to be the Raiders backup. Thats the type of QB your looking at just to save 2 mil.

Give it a rest man. You got a QB who can potentially beat out mitch who you seem to like. AT this point your on a witch hunt trying to get him off this team.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    THEY ****ING SUCK MAN. Stop with this ridiculous theory that we are getting somebody who can legitimately lead this team to a .500 record. Your legitimately ok if trevor simion comes in because Foles who has had shoulder issues dating all the way back to HS gets hurt and is out for 8-10 games. I honestly cant take your seriously like this man. You may hate mitch but your not signing anyone for less who can actually play. I mean for **** sake Mike Glennon got 2 ****ing million to be the Raiders backup. Thats the type of QB your looking at just to save 2 mil.

Give it a rest man. You got a QB who can potentially beat out mitch who you seem to like. AT this point your on a witch hunt trying to get him off this team.
    Jesus man, chill out.

You're acting like I have some vendetta against a bad QB.

I believe it's time to move on from him, that's all. You don't agree, that's fine.

No reason to act like a maniac about it. As I said in the other thread, we can end this discussion.

YOu only save 4.5 mil on trading mitch. You also then need to find a backup and FWIW nobody is taking less than Chase got at 4.5 mil per. And seeing as foles is injury prone you really need a capable backup. And the idea of trading a pick (we desprately need) to get rid of that little cap which we would then turn around and spend on a diferent backup.

It just doesnt make sense.

If Foles wins mitch is your backup. Its whatever.
    The pick is in 2021. We donít desperately need one then. Read my post more thoroughly.

And your backups come via offseason draft or roster grabs. Iím honestly surprised that someone hasnít gone after that XFL standout. **** it. Sign the dude.

I like Mitch. This move makes him a goner. Move in and save some money. We need it for an iOL.

If Foles goes down, we tank and everyone is fired. Thatís the reality weíre facing.

Jesus man, chill out.

You're acting like I have some vendetta against a bad QB.

I believe it's time to move on from him, that's all. You don't agree, that's fine.

No reason to act like a maniac about it. As I said in the other thread, we can end this discussion.
    WHY DO THINK THAT I AM A MANIAC?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post
    WHY DO THIK THAT I AM MAYNEIC?!?!? I LOVED MICH SINSE HE WAS A ROK
    ftfy

I agree with him.

He also made it clear we're drafting a QB. That's your backup. We're not going to roster Foles, Mitch and a draftee.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post

I like Mitch. This move makes him a goner. Move in and save some money. We need it for an iOL.
    So i have a serious question for anyone willing to answer. We all knew we would get a vet proven compitition for Mitch . Wtf changed. Honestly if we had traded a late round pick for dalton would people also be making this assumption Mitch is gone. we talked about it all offsesson on who it could be. Between Dalton and Keenum. Potentially Cam. even foles or Smith. even Bridgewater

What exactly changed When we decided on foles out of that group that that we locked him in as a starter and completly bailed on mitch. I just dont get it And im legit asking. cause 1 week ago we talked about Foles as a guy we would need assets back to take. And now he is the locked and loaded starter and mitch is given up on.

Also would there be the same reaction if we traded our same pick for Dalton???? im honestly curious

and this is not an anti Foles post BTW. if foles beats hin out whatever. But the idea that something drastically changed when somebody we all talked about as a potential compititon guy actually got had.

-Rem Koolhaas

So i have a serious question for anyone willing to answer. We all knew we would get a vet proven compitition for Mitch . Wtf changed. Honestly if we had traded a late round pick for dalton would people also be making this assumption Mitch is gone. we talked about it all offsesson on who it could be. Between Dalton and Keenum. Potentially Cam. even foles or Smith. even Bridgewater

What exactly changed When we decided on foles out of that group that that we locked him in as a starter and completly bailed on mitch. I just dont get it And im legit asking. cause 1 week ago we talked about Foles as a guy we would need assets back to take. And now he is the locked and loaded starter and mitch is given up on.

Also would there be the same reaction if we traded our same pick for Dalton???? im honestly curious

and this is not an anti Foles post BTW. if foles beats hin out whatever. But the idea that something drastically changed when somebody we all talked about as a potential compititon guy actually got had.
    Yes, because he's a better QB than Mitch.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    Yes, because he's a better QB than Mitch.
    Absolutely. Under no circumstances would I start Mitch, I just want him gone.

Reality.

Itís clear that the team wants someone different. Itís time to accept and move on.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast