Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Why would any team give up anything for Mitch Trubisky? Lets be serious here. No one would want him to start, why the heck would anyone want to trade for him as a backup? No one would give up anything for him. If the Bears eventually let him go someone may sign him as a potential backup but giving up am asset, even a 7th round pick, is dumb.

Great job Pace. Instead of drafting what might end up being the best QB ever you instead pick a guy who isnít worth a 7th round pick. A historical blunder, and when you add to that his other first round beauties (White and Floyd) are gone I am not seeing why people have faith in Pace.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I mean, Rivers is just objectively better than everyone else here. I think you could make the case that Cam is too, though he has his red flags too. Anyway, the more I think about it, if we weren't getting Carr, Brady, or Rivers, I think Foles makes a lot of sense among all the secondary options, and I'm liking his fit on the team more.
    I would have been just as happy with Rivers, I guess. But the rest of the group I mentioned are not very inspiring, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I mean, Rivers is just objectively better than everyone else here. I think you could make the case that Cam is too, though he has his red flags too. Anyway, the more I think about it, if we weren't getting Carr, Brady, or Rivers, I think Foles makes a lot of sense among all the secondary options, and I'm liking his fit on the team more.
    Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post
    I would have been just as happy with Rivers, I guess. But the rest of the group I mentioned are not very inspiring, IMO.
    With as bad as the Oline is and as little as the bears run the ball, I would not take Rivers over Foles. Rivers is going to be 39 this season and looks like he's starting to fall off. If foles plays well, than the bears can resign him for a couple more seasons... you'd have to think Rivers may retire this year probably next year. He was a really great QB for several years, but these past few years he's really starting to take a drop off.

If both these guys end up playing for their respective teams, i truly believe Foles will have a better statistics and success.

Geez

Swapping Foles for the compensatory pick means the Bears spent a total of five draft picks ó a first-rounder, two thirds and two fourths ó to acquire Trubisky and Foles, including the 2017 draft-day deal with the 49ers.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    Geez

Swapping Foles for the compensatory pick means the Bears spent a total of five draft picks ó a first-rounder, two thirds and two fourths ó to acquire Trubisky and Foles, including the 2017 draft-day deal with the 49ers.
    Give it up, man. Just forget it and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by hester23fan4va View Post
    With as bad as the Oline is and as little as the bears run the ball, I would not take Rivers over Foles. Rivers is going to be 39 this season and looks like he's starting to fall off. If foles plays well, than the bears can resign him for a couple more seasons... you'd have to think Rivers may retire this year probably next year. He was a really great QB for several years, but these past few years he's really starting to take a drop off.

If both these guys end up playing for their respective teams, i truly believe Foles will have a better statistics and success.
    I disagree. Rivers is one year removed from one of his best seasons, and you can't ignore the rest of his career either. I don't think he was as bad as the rest of his team around him was, particularly his awful offensive line, which was consistently cited as being one of the worst pass blocking lines in the league last year. Anyway, he is 39, so there is risk there, but I don't think last year was that big a sign of him slowing down, much less being worse than your Daltons & Foles. Indy is probably a better fit for him, and Foles is probably a good fit in Chi though. I'm not complaining or anything.

Give it up, man. Just forget it and move on.
    He is still the GM, still making critical decisions. Sorry, no free passes.

We still have to work on the run game and O-line, but QB level should be league average level hopefully, which is far better than we've been getting. TE should be decent to good, if Burton and Graham stay healthy. Picked up a great pass rusher. Still have picks for the O-line, and have Montgomery and Patterson still. The Bears know they need to work on the run game, expect them to draft accordingly. Not bad for an off-season where we had little money. You sign a Newton or Rivers, they're starting, you've given up on Mitch, and locked into them for years, for better or worse. Foles fits exactly what they said they were looking for, an experienced vet who could challenge Mitch. We can win a Superbowl with Foles if we get the run game together.

Foles should be the starter because he's better and significantly better in this offense. Pace and Nagy know they have to win now or they could be gone after next season. The roster is nearly capped out and a bunch of money has been pushed into the future, so they're all in on the 2020 season. They can't afford to punt a handful of games on Mitch, a player they're clearly out on anyway.

Giving up a 4th is not nothing and you're still paying him low end starter money, whereas you can recoup roughly half ($4.5M) of Mitch's cap hit by trading him, which should happen.

If Mitch is still on the roster by training camp, they'll likely say via the media that this is a competition. That's just fluff though IMO, probably so they don't hurt Mitch's feelings. There's no reason to waste another snap on him.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 03-19-2020 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I mean what more do people need? They gotta find someone to take Mitch. The "QB controversy" all off-season with him on the roster isn't even worth the headache.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    To people complaining that Foles got a ring three years ago and hasn't done anything since, what has Rivers, Dalton, Winston or Newton done in the past 3 years?
    you right But Winston did lead the league in passing. Just saying.

I am still majorly concerned with the running game is all. Fokes won a superbowl .... on the back of the #3 rushing offense and the #4 defense.

I think people need to realize that without fixing that we are closer to the 2018 eagles..... who had the #12 defense..... and the 28th Rushing offense. And just remember. Mitch did technically beat them. or did enough to. He outplaued Foles. and this isnt me saying Mitch > Foles either.

But the total Lack of anything to help this OL and Run gams Baffles me.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

FWIW

https://dabearsblog.com/

Nick Foles was acquired by the Chicago Bears on Wednesday. Three thoughts:
    This is not a move meant to excite the fan base. This is move meant to show the fan base that the current starting QB is inadequate. Nobody trades fourth round picks to acquire backups. Foles is the starting quarterback in September.
    I leaked this on Twitter yesterday after trying to hold the information back for a while. The Bears have been trying to trade Mitch Trubisky for weeks. Nobody wants him. I donít see in a competition with Foles moving forward because Iím not convinced Trubisky will stick around.
    Are we really that upset about the Bears giving up fourth round picks to IMPROVE at QUARTERBACK? Foles is not a great player but heís the best QB on the Bears roster by a wide margin.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast