Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have this feeling theyíll win the AFC East go on to the AFC Wild Card get beat by the Steelers then have an off-season similar to 07.

Vince to Gronk

there is 0 chance they tank and they shouldnt... BB needs to show who carried who. Pats winning at least 10 games this year

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    there is 0 chance they tank and they shouldnt... BB needs to show who carried who. Pats winning at least 10 games this year
    How you holding up with no WWE shows.

Vince to Gronk

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    How you holding up with no WWE shows.
    my life is over... i have lost everything lol.. i have no wwe/sixers/flyers/phillies... They closed the alcohol stores so i have no whiskey and they cut production on the finale of supernatural so now that is in limbo until this is all done..... but worst of the worst is because i do construction i am not allowed to work unless its on a hospital which the city hires that type of work.... i am basically stuck in the house where i work out and sleep... that is my life.

the money isnt the issue... money i now have... the issue is how the hell do people sit home all day. I am going mad and its only been 3 days

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    my life is over... i have lost everything lol.. i have no wwe/sixers/flyers/phillies... They closed the alcohol stores so i have no whiskey and they cut production on the finale of supernatural so now that is in limbo until this is all done..... but worst of the worst is because i do construction i am not allowed to work unless its on a hospital which the city hires that type of work.... i am basically stuck in the house where i work out and sleep... that is my life.

the money isnt the issue... money i now have... the issue is how the hell do people sit home all day. I am going mad and its only been 3 days
    Iím just glad I still have the WWE Network. At least I can go back and watch old school Raw and SD episodes. Still on 1997 episodes started streaming them about 3/4 weeks ago? Iím getting use to this no crowed thing but WM is gonna suck with no crowd.

Vince to Gronk

I donít this will be a ranking year but I think it will be a transition year. I donít expect them to use a meaningful pick on a QB. It will be Stidham with Hoyer as the backup. A late round pick will compete with Kessler for #3.

We are in a tough cap situation this year but more favorable next year. There is $22M of dead money right now hurting the cap (mostly Brady - $13.5M). Next year we have projected over $100M of cap space right now. The only two significant expiring players are Thuney and Hightower. I expect both to be extended to lower this years cap total which will then reduce cap space next year. But on the other side, Gilmore is likely extended this year or next and likely reduces his $19.7M cap number next year.

So overall, youíre looking at the Pats having a lot of flexibility next year. This year... not so much. So I think theyíll focus on trying to add a few lower end FAs to multi year deals like they have so far that preserve that flexibility but rebuild roster depth. Having a strong draft will be important in that as well.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I donít this will be a ranking year but I think it will be a transition year. I donít expect them to use a meaningful pick on a QB. It will be Stidham with Hoyer as the backup. A late round pick will compete with Kessler for #3.

We are in a tough cap situation this year but more favorable next year. There is $22M of dead money right now hurting the cap (mostly Brady - $13.5M). Next year we have projected over $100M of cap space right now. The only two significant expiring players are Thuney and Hightower. I expect both to be extended to lower this years cap total which will then reduce cap space next year. But on the other side, Gilmore is likely extended this year or next and likely reduces his $19.7M cap number next year.

So overall, youíre looking at the Pats having a lot of flexibility next year. This year... not so much. So I think theyíll focus on trying to add a few lower end FAs to multi year deals like they have so far that preserve that flexibility but rebuild roster depth. Having a strong draft will be important in that as well.
    Pretty much this.

They are going to give Stidham a shot and see what he does. They are not going to sign someone like Winston or Newton.

Sort of shocked at how confident people feel about the Pats. As a Pats fan, I donít really see that and thatís mostly because this team still is no offensive weapons and has lost some pretty key personnel on defense. I donít think theyíll be worst team in the league but with their schedule, I donít see them winning more than 4-5 games max, so I think theyíll be in the mix to landing a top pick.

To me, this year is certainly pending to be some sort of bridge/reset year. Fix their cap flexibility, address key needs in the draft, see what Stidham can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12