Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Durant, at least 7 players have coronavirus

“Everyone be careful, take care of yourself and quarantine,” said Durant, who described himself as feeling fine. “We’re going to get through this.”

At least seven N.B.A. players have tested positive for the virus. On Tuesday, the Nets announced that four of their players had tested positive, though they did not name the athletes. The team said only one of the four had shown symptoms.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...virus.amp.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imagine if they had kept playing games. The entire league would be infected right now.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Imagine if they had kept playing games. The entire league would be infected right now.
    especially since 4/7 have zero symptoms at this point.

Money Talks. Entire teams have been tested and people are waiting days to be tested.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad_Racing View Post
    Money Talks. Entire teams have been tested and people are waiting days to be tested.
    "Public health authorities and team doctors have been concerned that, given NBA players' direct contact with each other and close interactions with the general public, in addition to their frequent travel, they could accelerate the spread of the virus," Bass said.
    "Following two players testing positive last week, others were tested and five additional players tested positive. Hopefully, by these players choosing to make their test results public, they have drawn attention to the critical need for young people to follow CDC recommendations in order to protect others, particularly those with underlying health conditions and the elderly."
    In other words, part of the impetus for testing NBA players is that they could become "super-spreaders" who unknowingly infect many other people.
    Given the overall shortage, coronavirus tests in the US are being given to those who reach certain criteria, including people who have been exposed to someone who has already tested positive. That, too, helps explain how the NBA players exposed to Gobert were able to get tests.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/18/us/co...ity/index.html

If NBA players are "super-spreaders," I wonder what a person who has traveled through three different countries and seven airports in the last nine days would be considered? That is a close family member. She had a 102 temperature, cough, and difficulty breathing on Saturday. She was told she was probably paranoid to make an appointment with her primary (code for we don't have enough tests right now). They finally had her drive into the medical center parking lot yesterday, tested her for the flu (negative). They were then able to test her for Covid19. Seems certain groups are getting access much quicker than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad_Racing View Post
    I have heard the Nets paid out of pocket to a private lab. Didn't go through health insurance or public health channels.

It was originally reported $1400 for a test, which is nothing to NBA players. But to the average joe, especially with the state of the economy is a lot to cough up, no pun intended.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I have heard the Nets paid out of pocket to a private lab. Didn't go through health insurance or public health channels.

It was originally reported $1400 for a test, which is nothing to NBA players. But to the average joe, especially with the state of the economy is a lot to cough up, no pun intended.
    I think it goes beyond cost though. We simply don’t have enough tests to go around. We have people showing symptoms that were telling to just self quarantine and see if it gets any worse before getting tested because they need the tests for people who are more at risk. Doctors are having to make those kind of tough calls. Some of these NBA players appear to be getting tests that otherwise would be going to be people in greater need all because of money.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Surprised there’s not more hate in this thread. This country/psd is really coming together!

KD is just looking fit attention

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I think it goes beyond cost though. We simply don’t have enough tests to go around. We have people showing symptoms that were telling to just self quarantine and see if it gets any worse before getting tested because they need the tests for people who are more at risk. Doctors are having to make those kind of tough calls. Some of these NBA players appear to be getting tests that otherwise would be going to be people in greater need all because of money.
    President Trump was asked this very question.
    "Perhaps that's been the story of life," he said. "That does happen on occasion."
    I don't really blame Trump for pointing out that sad reality, although he then went on to vaguely **** on Obama some more, when in reality his efforts to gut the Affordable Care Act have most likely hurt the U.S. response to coronavirus.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Haha; he heard COVID-19 was winning. Figured he could go be the high-scoring beta to the plague's alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    President Trump was asked this very question.
    "Perhaps that's been the story of life," he said. "That does happen on occasion."
    I don't really blame Trump for pointing out that sad reality, although he then went on to vaguely **** on Obama some more, when in reality his efforts to gut the Affordable Care Act have most likely hurt the U.S. response to coronavirus.
    Two years ago Trump's administration defunded the National Security Council directorate for global health and security and bio-defense.

“One year later I was mystified when the White House dissolved the office, leaving the country less prepared for pandemics like COVID-19,” Beth Cameron, the first director of the unit, wrote in an op-ed Friday in The Washington Post.

She said the directorate was set up to be the “smoke alarm” and get ahead of emergencies and sound a warning at the earliest sign of fire — “all with the goal of avoiding a six-alarm fire.”

It’s impossible to assess the impact of the 2018 decision to disband the unit, she said. Cameron noted that biological experts remain at the White House, but she says it’s clear that eliminating the office contributed to what she called a “sluggish domestic response.”
    The NSC during the Obama administration grew to about 250 professionals, according to Trump’s current national security adviser, Robert O’Brien. The staff has been cut to about 110 or 115 staffers, he said.
    https://apnews.com/ce014d94b64e98b7203b873e56f80e9a

EDIT: Signed letter from Senator Sherrod Brown questioning the decision to defund the team responsible for our defense against pandemics. https://twitter.com/SenSherrodBrown/...71872779935744
    Last edited by IndyRealist; 03-19-2020 at 04:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

i was gonna be that bad guy and say if he stayed in okc he wouldnt have it..... you beat me to it.... this is why i love you..... **** it. <3

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Two years ago Trump's administration defunded the National Security Council directorate for global health and security and bio-defense.

https://apnews.com/ce014d94b64e98b7203b873e56f80e9a

EDIT: Signed letter from Senator Sherrod Brown questioning the decision to defund the team responsible for our defense against pandemics. https://twitter.com/SenSherrodBrown/...71872779935744
    Are you sick of winning? We are all going to die now because of his stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Well yeah, that's fair.

I was looking at the amount of tests that can be processed per day versus population for some countries, keep in mind this was a few days ago but nation wide we were only processing about 20 something tests a day with our 330 million population, compared to countries with much smaller populations doing hundreds or even thousands per day.

Also, idk if its just here but waiting a few days for test results seems absurdly long.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast