Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tampa Bay Buccaneers To Sign Tom Brady

Thread to Discuss Tom Brady signing
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]

Really excited to see what the GOAT can do with our weapons. Replacement for Dotson should be the highest priority at this point

I am super excited about the signing and I canít wait to see what he can do.

Not getting excited until its official.

Now that Jameis is out of the starting money territory, maybe we should bring him in as backup and development? Is relationship ruined?

Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    Now that Jameis is out of the starting money territory, maybe we should bring him in as backup and development? Is relationship ruined?
    Sarcasm?

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRanch View Post
    Sarcasm?
    I don't think he is. Hes obviously more than starter quality but LA may be willing to go with Tyrod and/or a rookie. NE may be willing to go with Stidham and/or a rookie and Mismi may be willing to go with Fitzpatrick and/or a rookie.

The theory is Bucs were willing to bring back Jameis as a starter if they couldn't get Brady. If Winston has to settle for a backup role he would have plenty of options, but would he be willing to come back cheap until Brady leaves and learn from him, take over after.

It's not a terrible idea but are they willing to spend 7-10 mil on a backup while in win now mode, is Jameis just looking for a fresh start, etc.

Deal was being held up by negotiations about physicals. Agreement has been reached, physical today and then likely officially announced.

No press conference at this time like in past, maybe conference calls, remote interviews, etc

I wouldn't be surprised if Jameis doesnt get starter money that he tests the waters in the MLB which he eluded to earlier on in his career as a potential for later on in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Jameis doesnt get starter money that he tests the waters in the MLB which he eluded to earlier on in his career as a potential for later on in his career.
    I didn't think of that. Honesty I would rather he do that then be on another team. I've always liked Winston. I've always rooted for him. I wouldn't want to play against him and root against him.

Give up your number Godwin!

Being a Patriots fan my whole life I never thought I'd see TB wearing another teams uniform. But having the privilege to watch him for 20 yrs go to 9 SBs and winning 6 I can't complain. I'll still be a Patriots fan but will try to root for Brady when I can. Think of Brady as a Ferrari F40 no matter how many decades go by its still a cool looking car and Winston as your grandparents Buick Roadmaster Station Wagon.
    Last edited by BSF101; 03-21-2020 at 09:11 PM.

Vince to Gronk

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Being a Patriots fan my whole life I never thought I'd see TB wearing another teams uniform. But having the privilege to watch him for 20 yrs go to 9 SBs and winning 6 I can't complain. I'll still be a Patriots fan but will try to root for Brady when I can. Think of Brady as a Ferrari F40 no matter how many decades go by its still a cool looking car and Winston as your grandparents Buick Roadmaster Station Wagon.
    A lot of us have seen every game Winston has played in NFL and have opinions good and bad. I know you don't mean to get into it but it is a touchy subject. While most of us are excited about the move Winston still has a lot of love in Tampa for what he gave on the field and the great things he did off of it

Well put BWall. Its bitter sweet. It's hard to sometimes turn the page when you thought the story definitely could have ended differently. Unfortunately we wont get to see that separate ending. Thank you to Jameis for everything over the past 5 years. Wish him nothing but luck. Let's go Bucs!

Jeff Garcia is my favorite QB in team history. Brad obviously won us a SB. I was behind Josh Freeman and felt he had the talent to be a top 10 QB. Unfortunately, he was not dedicated to football. Jameis, by a landslide was the most talented QB we have had since the Doug Williams/Steve Young days, which was before my time. Craig Erickson was the starting QB when I started watching football and this team. Dilfer was a rookie that year.

It's a shame that Winston was not able to get it done here. I hope that he ends up in baseball or in the AFC, as I would prefer to not play/root against him often.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast