Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Dolphins Sign RB Jordan Howard

Just broke. Working on the details.

This is the type of RB signing I wanted. Gordon is just too expensive.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

My god I love this off season, exactly the kind of back we needed, another player i loved in the draft that we werent able to get before. Grier putting in serious work.

I love the move. Gordon would be nice and I'm ok with waiting on a RB, but I still hated the idea of spending big on a RB. Howard is solid, nothing crazy, but can be a solid starter for you.

Now draft a RB at 56 or in the 3rd.

Edit: 2 years 10 mil. Decent money but I bet it's a team option next year.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 03-17-2020 at 03:02 PM.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Seems we offered Gordon but he hated the offer so we went to plan B. Howard is a soild back, just doesn't give you anything in the passing game.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I love the move. Gordon would be nice and I'm ok with waiting on a RB, but I still hated the idea of spending big on a RB. Howard is solid, nothing crazy, but can be a solid starter for you.

Now draft a RB at 56 or in the 3rd.

Edit: 2 years 10 mil. Decent money but I bet it's a team option next year.
    I can live with that, and doesn't prevent us from drafting a back in the 2nd or 3rd round. Howard is a good stop gap and 5 mill a year really isn't much... Likely low guarantee money, so second year isn't so valuable.

I was legit worried this team was going to go crazy and give Gordon huge money. Phew!

Fun fact; Jordan Howard is ..... 25 years old.

Everyone thinks he's older because it seems like he's been in the league for ages. I wouldn't be shocked if he rushes for 900-1000 yards and scores 6-8 touchdowns, even if Miami drafts another back early. We just absolutely could not go into the season with what we had again, not if we wanted any chance at being successful running the football.

I like it. Keep it going Grier and thank you once again for not signing Melvin Gordon to some ridiculous 10 mil+ a year contract

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Fun fact; Jordan Howard is ..... 25 years old.

Everyone thinks he's older because it seems like he's been in the league for ages. I wouldn't be shocked if he rushes for 900-1000 yards and scores 6-8 touchdowns, even if Miami drafts another back early. We just absolutely could not go into the season with what we had again, not if we wanted any chance at being successful running the football.

I like it. Keep it going Grier and thank you once again for not signing Melvin Gordon to some ridiculous 10 mil+ a year contract
    All.the players we signed are about 25,26 years old.

Nfl experience, and productivity, but still young enough to give the team a 3 year window.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    All.the players we signed are about 25,26 years old.

Nfl experience, and productivity, but still young enough to give the team a 3 year window.
    Agreed. Outside Flowers, who I'm quite meh on, I liked all our signings.

Our defense is night and day better than it was last year and if we can hit on these draft picks, there could be some much brighter days ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Agreed. Outside Flowers, who I'm quite meh on, I liked all our signings.

Our defense is night and day better than it was last year and if we can hit on these draft picks, there could be some much brighter days ahead.
    And with the guys we signed, we arent forced into drafting a lot of positions, so should be able to go bpa mostly.

Id assume tackle and possibly qb would be high on their want list, but besides that, its mostly open. Running back should probably be up that list too.