Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Wait - do we like this move? Is Ryan Pace still an incompetent *** who needs to be fired ASAP - asking for a friend?
    Depends on what he does at QB IMO. That'll define this offseason.

Wait - do we like this move? Is Ryan Pace still an incompetent *** who needs to be fired ASAP - asking for a friend?
    Not every move has to be praised. The Graham deal is still a head scratcher.

This one has the potential to be great.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 03-17-2020 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post

I agree with you - but not every move is the end of the world either. It's comical (to me) how some in here jump over the cliff and then right back up. The Bears 2020 season is officially screwed on 16 March...oh wait
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

you think? I don't think it's bad... Bears have nada at TE and Graham is very reliable, just not super stud anymore. it depth and options. I like the idea of two TE set with Burton and Graham... makes for a pretty difficult cover

It's pretty obvious that Jimmy Graham is not THE answer at TE for the Bears - but he may be part of it. $9M guaranteed over 2 years - Burton/Shaheen/Brauneker's status all up in the air.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

I agree with you - but not every move is the end of the world either. It's comical (to me) how some in here jump over the cliff and then right back up. The Bears 2020 season is officially screwed on 16 March...oh wait
    I don't think anyone said they were screwed, but starting with that Graham deal, Pace deserved the criticism. I will wait to see the final product, QB specifically, before praising or bashing the offseason. The draft is crucial too.

Quote Originally Posted by hester23fan4va View Post
    you think? I don't think it's bad... Bears have nada at TE and Graham is very reliable, just not super stud anymore. it depth and options. I like the idea of two TE set with Burton and Graham... makes for a pretty difficult cover
    Lots of money for ďdepthĒ. No one would have a problem with Graham at a more reasonable cap hit

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    Depends on what he does at QB IMO. That'll define this offseason.
    Yeah this is more or less where I am. The Quinn signing got my attention, but as long as Mitch is still the guy at QB, I can only be so excited. And Dalton/Foles wouldn't really move the needle much for me either.

Quote Originally Posted by hester23fan4va View Post
    Let's not turn this into the Graham thread. My stance on that deal is consistent. It's an overpay for a washed player. Let's move on and talk about Quinn here.

Not every move has to be **** on either

Quote Originally Posted by Blah Blah Blah View Post
    Not every move has to be **** on either
    Every move hasn't been **** on...

Some things are worth outrageous reactions. The Jimmy Graham deal is one of those. If it pans out, great. Iíll eat my hat. But maaaaan was that bad given our cap and needs.

Quinn though? Iíve loved Quinn since day 1. Adding him to the Bears is a huge boost to our front 7. Praising that - depending on contract - is appropriate I think.

It's pretty obvious that Jimmy Graham is not THE answer at TE for the Bears - but he may be part of it. $9M guaranteed over 2 years - Burton/Shaheen/Brauneker's status all up in the air.
    Heís making more than $9mil.

You canít keep saying that to imply itís a $4.5 yearly hit to cap.

Quinnís deal is hopefully something that acts like a 3/$45 or 3/$50 contract. I donít much care for having a 34/35 year old pass rusher hanging around at the end of his deal.

Oh so Quinn can play QB too? Excellent!

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    So... Im fine moving on from floyd, Im certainly surprised by the 5 year 70 mil price tag for Quinn. way more than i expected he would get but.... seems to be the story with everyone.

Quinn has been an oddball though throughout his career. Came in GREAT. God Paid..... Disappeared..... Then When his contract is up he seems IDK to spin back to better play.

I hope he works out. Still way more than I would have paid though.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast